Notes Driver: veto when user's fullname is the same as existing user's fullname

In the Notes Driver, I want to put the policy to veto when the current
user's fullname is the same as existing user fullname is Lotus Domino
Directory and and in eDirectory.

How can I do the query to findout whether the user's fullname is the
same as the existing ones or not. Please help..

Thanks

Pattarawan.

--
pattarawan
0

pattarawan,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
9/1/2007 8:41:33 AM
pattarawan wrote:
> In the Notes Driver, I want to put the policy to veto when the current
> user's fullname is the same as existing user fullname is Lotus Domino
> Directory and and in eDirectory.
>
> How can I do the query to findout whether the user's fullname is the
> same as the existing ones or not. Please help..

In one of the matching/create/placement rules you could do a query using
the Query token (set local variable, then in the arguement builder use
the Query token).

If you get nothing back for the full name, you should be ok, if you do,
then decide how you make the name Unique.

Conversly when you set the dest-dn in the Placement rule, you could use
the Unique Name () token and specify it should be First Last and then
add a counter at the end or some such.
0
Geoffrey

changes made from one user's webpart's page, effects all user's
 I am just doing this offline right now in Visual Web Developer Express 2008I created the login inonce in the memberpage area, people can modify their webpart page. I created several users to test this out.  I loaded it in a browser.When I make changes as logged in user "A" .  Then logout and login as user "B", user "B,s" webpart page has been changed to user "A".This goes true for whomever I log in as.  It changes for everyone.Is there something specific I need to do in order to get everyone's changes to be unique for them...

how to change a user's mailbox but keep the user's GW id
We have a user whose email has a space between her first name and middle name, which cause the problem in sending out email or receive email from the outside the network. Can someone advise how and where I suppose to change her email name to a valid name like firstname.middlename.lastname@xxx.com from firstname middle.lastname@xxx.com? Thank you very much! On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:27:51 +0000, April wrote: Duplicate. -- Joe Marton Novell Support Forum SysOp Novell does not officially monitor these forums! Use the Internet override - in ConsoleOne, GroupWise Tab, Inte...

Send Message to user's Skype' id ,MSN' Id ,Yahoo'sID or Gmail ID.
hi, i m writing a application in which i have to notify the user to his Skype' id ,MSN' Id ,Yahoo'sID or Gmail ID. Please let me know the code usign C#   Thanks Tulika. hi, what do you want to do...i mean....do you wnat to send email's or do you want to send message to the messenger. thanks, rajiv hi i want to send IM messages to online and offline users not Email. Please help me....

login failed because user's IsApproved is false for user's account
Hi How can i detect if a user's login fails because their account is not approved yet (i.e IsApproved = false in Membership table) I am using a templated login control and if the user's login fails for this reason all that happens is that the FailureText control is displayed. How can i change the failure text if the user's account is not approved? thanks andrea Use Membership.GetUser Function this function Return a hydrated MembershipUser Object you can access its properties and check the validity see the link below http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/40w5063z.aspxRega...

Publishing the site's as shortcuts in the users' desktop's
Dear All,I have a web application. In that some client will be configured.In that the authorized person can publish a web page.When the page is published, the shortcut for that URL has to be set in the clients desktop.Can we achieve this functionality?Kindly help to get rid of this.Thanks a lot in advance.  Hi jayachitra  I have read the thread carefully; however, I am not sure I have understood the facing needs correctly. Based on my understanding, you would like to create a shortcut to user’s desktop, right?  If so, it is not recommended due to the security issue, the ...

Global Variables (C#'s Static or VB's Shared) global to just user or any user?
Global Variables (C#'s Static or VB's Shared) global to just user or any user? If I had to guess, I'd say it would only persist on that post back and only for that user, but I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure? Thanks Darren-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com static and Shared with member variable declaration means that they are "shared" to all instances of the class (basically it means shared within the type since static members exist even if you don't have class instance). It's no way related to user, e.g it's as global as it can get, for each and every user.Thanks,Te...

[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Serialization failure: User 'another user' has the row in 'r_billet' lock
The DB-Server is running with NT 4.0 SP6 2-INTEL-Processors Sybase SQL-AnyWhere 7.04 The error-Message happens sometimes( once a week ) I do not know, who is 'ANOTHER USER' ?? I would expect the real name. What could be the reason that a see ANOTHER USER instead of the real name ?? Peter The only time I've seen "another user" is when a long-running transaction has grabbed too many locks. The maximum number of locks is influenced by the database page size; for a 2K page size you can get about 5 million rows, double that for 4K page size. One app...

Can't load user's graphical environment after nvidia driver installation
Hi to all! I have my first problem with drivers in Linux! I installed openSuSE 11.4 x86 on my computer (Intel Dual-Core 2,5 Ghz; Nvidia 7300 GS) and after installing graphical drivers (proprietary) I can't load the system. All I have is a progress bar of user's profile loading and playing the startup sound. I already installed openSUSE 11.4 x86_64 version on this computer and there was no problem with drivers. -- firebolt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Just out of interest, if you had the 64-bit version working ok why did...

Install User App 3.5.1 driver says it's already in the driver set
I've tried this several times and no matter what I do or name the driver, every time I install the user app 3.5.1 driver (after you enter in the IP, port number, userid password, and click Next), it tells me that the driver already exists in the driver set with the same name and asks me what I want to do. Is this a bug in iManager 2.7 or the plugins? I've duplicated this in a test lab with a tree with no user app 3.5.1 driver and it happens 100% of the time. Not sure why. Did you change the name (the very first prompt field after selecting the configuration)? ...

Seems like it's the driver filter, but it's not
We are seeing an odd issue where certain attributes are not being populated in the connected system (eDirectory) where they are present in the Metadirectory (also obviously, eDirectory). The required classes and attributes are in the driver filter of both eDir drivers. The drivers have been stopped and started. Everything was working correctly Friday evening. The network admin had to make a change to the replica schema starting Friday night (after I left). The change was required because a non-IdM guy made load-related changes to the replica scheme early in the summer without kn...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Gmail 'forgot your password?' Feature Lets Remote Users Flood a User's Secondary E-mail Account
Gmail 'forgot your password?' Feature Lets Remote Users Flood a User's Secondary E-mail Account http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2005/Jan/1012749.html *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** SecurityTracker Alert ID: 1012749 SecurityTracker URL: http://securitytracker.com/id?1012749 CVE Reference: GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH (Links to External Site) http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH Date: Jan 2 2005 Impact: Host/resource access via network Exploi...

Web resources about - Notes Driver: veto when user's fullname is the same as existing user's fullname - novell.id-manager.drivers