Mutli-valued attribute to multi-valued attribute

We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a 
multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are 
adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is 
lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the 
attribute from the object.
Any ideas ?
0
Splenne
11/6/2006 10:43:04 AM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
908 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

> We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to 
a 
> multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are 
> adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is 
> lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the 
> attribute from the object.
> Any ideas ?
Got it
Sorry for bothering-
I have put an input transformation policy which reformated the attribute 
into a structured one

	<rule>
		<description>extendattribute</description>
		<conditions>
			<or>
			         <if-op-attr name="extenddattribute" 
op="available"/>
				<if-op-attr name="extendattribute" 
op="changing"/>
			</or>
		</conditions>
		<actions>
			<do-reformat-op-attr name="extendattribute">
				<arg-value type="structured">
					<arg-component name="string">
						<token-src-attr 
name="extendattribute"/>
					</arg-component>
				</arg-value>
			</do-reformat-op-attr>
		</actions>
	</rule>
0
splenne
11/6/2006 1:41:10 PM
Your input transformation is using

<token-src-attr name="extendattribute"/>

when it should be using

<token-local-variable name="current-value"/>


--

Father Ramon


splenne@nospam.be wrote:
>> We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to 
> a 
>> multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are 
>> adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is 
>> lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the 
>> attribute from the object.
>> Any ideas ?
> Got it
> Sorry for bothering-
> I have put an input transformation policy which reformated the attribute 
> into a structured one
> 
> 	<rule>
> 		<description>extendattribute</description>
> 		<conditions>
> 			<or>
> 			         <if-op-attr name="extenddattribute" 
> op="available"/>
> 				<if-op-attr name="extendattribute" 
> op="changing"/>
> 			</or>
> 		</conditions>
> 		<actions>
> 			<do-reformat-op-attr name="extendattribute">
> 				<arg-value type="structured">
> 					<arg-component name="string">
> 						<token-src-attr 
> name="extendattribute"/>
> 					</arg-component>
> 				</arg-value>
> 			</do-reformat-op-attr>
> 		</actions>
> 	</rule>
0
Father
11/6/2006 2:46:47 PM
Hello,
I have changed the parameter and it works in our developpement environment 
but not in the production one (which is more or less the same except it is 
a two way sync). But in the production environment we get the error : Code 
(-9001) 0 components are needed for value. 1 found.

> Your input transformation is using
> 
> <token-src-attr name="extendattribute"/>
> 
> when it should be using
> 
> <token-local-variable name="current-value"/>
> 
> 
> --
> 
> Father Ramon
> 
> 
> splenne@nospam.be wrote:
> >> We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) 
to 
> > a 
> >> multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are 
> >> adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one 
is 
> >> lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes 
the 
> >> attribute from the object.
> >> Any ideas ?
> > Got it
> > Sorry for bothering-
> > I have put an input transformation policy which reformated the 
attribute 
> > into a structured one
> > 
> > 	<rule>
> > 		<description>extendattribute</description>
> > 		<conditions>
> > 			<or>
> > 			         <if-op-attr name="extenddattribute" 
> > op="available"/>
> > 				<if-op-attr name="extendattribute" 
> > op="changing"/>
> > 			</or>
> > 		</conditions>
> > 		<actions>
> > 			<do-reformat-op-attr name="extendattribute">
> > 				<arg-value type="structured">
> > 					<arg-component name="string">
> > 						<token-src-attr 
> > name="extendattribute"/>
> > 					</arg-component>
> > 				</arg-value>
> > 			</do-reformat-op-attr>
> > 		</actions>
> > 	</rule>

0
splenne
11/8/2006 10:11:42 AM
"(which is more or less the same except it is a two way sync)" is a 
contradictory statement. I would guess it is something about the other 
direction that is failing, and that if you have a reformat going in one 
direction, you are going to need the inverse reformat going in the other.

--

Father Ramon


splenne@nospam.be wrote:
> Hello,
> I have changed the parameter and it works in our developpement environment 
> but not in the production one (which is more or less the same except it is 
> a two way sync). But in the production environment we get the error : Code 
> (-9001) 0 components are needed for value. 1 found.
> 
>> Your input transformation is using
>>
>> <token-src-attr name="extendattribute"/>
>>
>> when it should be using
>>
>> <token-local-variable name="current-value"/>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Father Ramon
>>
>>
>> splenne@nospam.be wrote:
>>>> We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) 
> to 
>>> a 
>>>> multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are 
>>>> adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one 
> is 
>>>> lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes 
> the 
>>>> attribute from the object.
>>>> Any ideas ?
>>> Got it
>>> Sorry for bothering-
>>> I have put an input transformation policy which reformated the 
> attribute 
>>> into a structured one
>>>
>>> 	<rule>
>>> 		<description>extendattribute</description>
>>> 		<conditions>
>>> 			<or>
>>> 			         <if-op-attr name="extenddattribute" 
>>> op="available"/>
>>> 				<if-op-attr name="extendattribute" 
>>> op="changing"/>
>>> 			</or>
>>> 		</conditions>
>>> 		<actions>
>>> 			<do-reformat-op-attr name="extendattribute">
>>> 				<arg-value type="structured">
>>> 					<arg-component name="string">
>>> 						<token-src-attr 
>>> name="extendattribute"/>
>>> 					</arg-component>
>>> 				</arg-value>
>>> 			</do-reformat-op-attr>
>>> 		</actions>
>>> 	</rule>
> 
0
Father
11/8/2006 2:47:29 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Single Value to Multi Value attribute
Hi all I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory dn: cn=schema changetype: modify add: attributeTypes attributeTypes: ( source-oid NAME 'source' DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 SINGLE-VALUE ) - I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value attribute, - I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to 'uniqueSource' can any one please give me the exact syntax for the the above modifications ...

One attribute value to two attributes/ values in eDir
Collective, I have a very interesting issue. I have the need to break one attribute that is in AD (ADval1) to two attributes in eDir (attrval1 and attrval2) . Basically what I want to do is take ADval1 and break that data into the two other attributes, attrval1 and attrval2. The attribute in AD looks like this: AD attribute value data 1 | value data 2 In eDir it looks like this: eDir attribute 1 vlaue data 1 eDir attribute 2 value data 2 I don't know if that's clear, when it was explained to me it was a white board. Has anyone tried this or have any id...

unable to evaluate values in an multi-valued attribute
Dear Forum, we are running UA 4.0.1. We have to search through all values of an given attribute for evaluation purpose. According to the documentation either form.getValues() and idvault.get should return an array when multiple-values are found. Unfortunately this seams not to work. var contracts = IDVault.get(null, dn, "eCampus-User", "eCAssigmentsJStr"); form.setValues("AssigmentJStrs", contracts); var numOfContracts = contracts.length(); Testing has shown that the variable contracts is set correct, 'cos the form field AssigmentJStr is sh...

PickList field with values from a multi-valued attribute
Hello there, I have a PickList field in my form that I want to fill with a list of values. Let's call that field "department". The values must be dynamically obtained from a multi-valued attribute of a given Organizational Unit. Let's call that attribute "list-of-departments". I have a DAL entity that exposes the object class (Organizational Unit) and its attribute. Let's call the DAL entity "OU" and let's call the exposed attribute key "list-of-departments" (like the attribute itself). Of course, I have a field that cont...

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

Write GroupMembership values to custom multi-value attribute
I need to be able to take the multiple group membership values of a user and write them to a custom multi-attribute called "CTGroups". The problem I am running into is if you add two or more groups to a user at once, it will only grab the first group and skip all the others. If I add the groups one at a time, I am ok but I cannot rely on our user community to add just one group at a time. Any help would be appreciated . -- mlarocco Depending on exactly what you are trying to do and where you are trying to do it, you'll either need to use For Each or Clone Oper...

Converting single-valued attribute to normal (multi-valued)
In order to add additional attributes to a User object I have created an Auxiliary Class. Within that class I created a single-valued numeric string with an ASN1 ID. Due to changing requirements it is now necessary to change this attribute to a multi-valued case ignore string. I usually use Designer to do work such as this but, as I'm having some problems, what I describe here is done with iManager (to remove Designer from the equation). There was one object in my tree utilising this auxiliary class (we're still in development) which I have deleted. I then deleted the aux...

Setting multi-value attribute values to query results
I am writing a policy where I need to run a query to get a list of one or more DNs, then place those DNs as the values of a multi-valued attribute in my destination datasource. How do I do this? Can I use the do-add-dest-attr-value action and just specify the query as the values to add, or do I need to place the results of the query in a local variable and do something with that? I'm using IDM 3.5. Here is the query that I'm running: <token-query class-name="Locality"> <arg-dn> <token-parse-dn dest-dn-format="dest-dn" src-dn-form...

op-attr when only removing value from multi-value attribute
IDM 3.5 When I remove only a value from a mulit-value attribute, condition "op-attr available" is FALSE, shouldn't this result as TRUE? Never noticed this behaviour in previous versions of IDM. Any hints? Thanks Rudi --- Trace snippet --- RBM-Manager ST:Applying policy: Sub-ET2-Determine resource-bundle role actions. RBM-Manager ST: Applying to modify #1. RBM-Manager ST: Evaluating selection criteria for rule 'Check change in ResourceBundles'. RBM-Manager ST: (if-op-attr 'rbmSubObjects' available) = FALSE. RBM-Manager ST: Rule rejected. RBM...

JDBC Driver with Multi-valued Attribute
I am writing a jdbc driver with only publisher channel to load in eDir an ORACLE table/view. This source table have n rows for each users: user's key is duplicate for each profiles. The record of the table have the follow structure: <user_id + profile_id + ... + other column>. I have created a custom multi-valued eDir attribute on User class and I have mapped this attribute with the column that represent a list of one or more profiles (the relation user-profile is 1:n). The primary key of the table is composed of (user_id, profile_id). The Matching rule is based on ...

Scritping Driver and Multi-Valued Attributes
Using the 3.6 (patched to IR3) scripting driver and having issues with multi-valued attributes. If two or more values are being added at the same time according to the documentation it's supposed to have multiple name/pairs: ADD_TELEPHONE=818-555-2100 ADD_TELEPHONE=818-555-9842 When I test sending the mail attribute through with multiple values it seems to only take the first value. I also tested with additional attributes with the same results. The attributes I tested with are declared in the schema.def file as multi-valued. Thank you in advance for any help or poss...

Query a multivalued attribute and store part of each value in a single valued string/attribute
Hello hello again, so I am trying to cook something again and obviously I am failing. I have a mutlivalued attribute in eDirectory and I need to store a part from each value into a single valued attribute. Example: Attribute A - value1: 001-I - value2: 002-D - value3: 003-M I need the I and the D and the M and store in a single valued attribute Attribute B -value: IDM I managed to query the destination user to get the attribute I want from the user ... WOHOO :-) Yet everythin after fails Here is what I cooked up: <actions> <do-set-local-variable n...

Using specific values from multi-valued attributes via LDAP?
I understand how to inject LDAP attribute data in to the authentication process via the form fill, but is there a way to select a specific value from a multivalued attribute? Say for example that I have an attribute called "myPasswords" that has multiple string values specifying a URL and a stored password. I'd need to be able to search for the value needed for the URL I'm authenticating to, then parse out the password section of that string and inject it in to the "password" box in the form. Possible? Not possible? ---------------------------------...

How to tell if an Attribute can hold multi-valued or single valued
Anyone know? If it already populated with data, it is easy to tell. But what if it does not have data? How can you tell? thanks, lee franke You would have to check the schema programatically. There is an attribute on the schema called 'isSingleValued' that will tell you if the attribute is multi-valued or not. MSDN LinkRyan DunnWeblog The BookLDAP Programming Help...

Web resources about - Mutli-valued attribute to multi-valued attribute - novell.id-manager.drivers

Resources last updated: 12/11/2015 9:12:13 PM