Multi-valued attribute to single attribute conversion - ldap error 21

Afternoon Everyone!

I have been trying to use the default rule in the AD driver to strip
multi-valued attributes but for a modify operation but without any
luck. I made a copy and put it in the Command Transformation. Would
someone please give me asome pinters. I keep getting LDap Error 21,
Invalid syntax. Error in attribute conversion operation.

Here is the rule I am attempting using:

<rule>
		<description>Convert multi-valued Telephone to single
value</description>
		<conditions>
			<and>
				<if-operation
op="equal">modify</if-operation>
				<if-class-name
op="equal">User</if-class-name>
				<if-op-attr name="Telephone Number"
op="available"/>
			</and>
		</conditions>
		<actions>
			<do-set-local-variable name="phone-number">
				<arg-string>
					<token-xpath
expression="./modify-attr[@attr-name='Telephone Number']/value[1]"/>
				</arg-string>
			</do-set-local-variable>
			<do-strip-op-attr name="telephoneNumber"/>
			<do-set-dest-attr-value
name="telephoneNumber">
				<arg-value type="string">
					<token-local-variable
name="phone-number"/>
				</arg-value>
			</do-set-dest-attr-value>
		</actions>
	</rule>

Thank you for your help.  Bob
0
Bob
8/30/2006 5:09:28 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

../modify-attr[@attr-name='Telephone Number']/value[1]

should be

../modify-attr[@attr-name='Telephone Number']/add-value/value[1]

Or better yet, just use token-op-attr.

Another thing you are probably going to find out you need to do is add
an additional rule that says if op attr Telephone Number changing and op
attr Telephone Number not available, do strip op attr Telephone Number,
do clear destination attribute Telephone Number.

If you don't, then you are going to error out whenever a number is
removed from eDir without being replaced. You could get even fancier and
try to figure out when that happens if there is another number that
could be used.

Note that even with a policy in place, it is pretty much a crap shoot
which one is going to end up in AD.

--

Father Ramon

Bob Owen wrote:
> Afternoon Everyone!
>
> I have been trying to use the default rule in the AD driver to strip
> multi-valued attributes but for a modify operation but without any
> luck. I made a copy and put it in the Command Transformation. Would
> someone please give me asome pinters. I keep getting LDap Error 21,
> Invalid syntax. Error in attribute conversion operation.
>
> Here is the rule I am attempting using:
>
> <rule>
> 		<description>Convert multi-valued Telephone to single
> value</description>
> 		<conditions>
> 			<and>
> 				<if-operation
> op="equal">modify</if-operation>
> 				<if-class-name
> op="equal">User</if-class-name>
> 				<if-op-attr name="Telephone Number"
> op="available"/>
> 			</and>
> 		</conditions>
> 		<actions>
> 			<do-set-local-variable name="phone-number">
> 				<arg-string>
> 					<token-xpath
> expression="./modify-attr[@attr-name='Telephone Number']/value[1]"/>
> 				</arg-string>
> 			</do-set-local-variable>
> 			<do-strip-op-attr name="telephoneNumber"/>
> 			<do-set-dest-attr-value
> name="telephoneNumber">
> 				<arg-value type="string">
> 					<token-local-variable
> name="phone-number"/>
> 				</arg-value>
> 			</do-set-dest-attr-value>
> 		</actions>
> 	</rule>
>
> Thank you for your help.  Bob
0
Father
8/30/2006 8:09:07 PM
Father,

Thanks a million.

You are right of course on the which one ends up in AD. I had MEAD and
wanted MEAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. It never would replace it. I still had
MEAD.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:09:07 GMT, Father Ramon <devforums@novell.com>
wrote:

>./modify-attr[@attr-name='Telephone Number']/value[1]
>
>should be
>
>./modify-attr[@attr-name='Telephone Number']/add-value/value[1]
>
>Or better yet, just use token-op-attr.
>
>Another thing you are probably going to find out you need to do is add
>an additional rule that says if op attr Telephone Number changing and op
>attr Telephone Number not available, do strip op attr Telephone Number,
>do clear destination attribute Telephone Number.
>
>If you don't, then you are going to error out whenever a number is
>removed from eDir without being replaced. You could get even fancier and
>try to figure out when that happens if there is another number that
>could be used.
>
>Note that even with a policy in place, it is pretty much a crap shoot
>which one is going to end up in AD.
0
Bob

Mutli-valued attribute to multi-valued attribute
We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the attribute from the object. Any ideas ? > We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a > multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are > adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is > lost. When deleting ...

Single Value to Multi Value attribute
Hi all I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory dn: cn=schema changetype: modify add: attributeTypes attributeTypes: ( source-oid NAME 'source' DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 SINGLE-VALUE ) - I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value attribute, - I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to 'uniqueSource' can any one please give me the exact syntax for the the above modifications ...

Query a multivalued attribute and store part of each value in a single valued string/attribute
Hello hello again, so I am trying to cook something again and obviously I am failing. I have a mutlivalued attribute in eDirectory and I need to store a part from each value into a single valued attribute. Example: Attribute A - value1: 001-I - value2: 002-D - value3: 003-M I need the I and the D and the M and store in a single valued attribute Attribute B -value: IDM I managed to query the destination user to get the attribute I want from the user ... WOHOO :-) Yet everythin after fails Here is what I cooked up: <actions> <do-set-local-variable n...

Converting single-valued attribute to normal (multi-valued)
In order to add additional attributes to a User object I have created an Auxiliary Class. Within that class I created a single-valued numeric string with an ASN1 ID. Due to changing requirements it is now necessary to change this attribute to a multi-valued case ignore string. I usually use Designer to do work such as this but, as I'm having some problems, what I describe here is done with iManager (to remove Designer from the equation). There was one object in my tree utilising this auxiliary class (we're still in development) which I have deleted. I then deleted the aux...

How to tell if an Attribute can hold multi-valued or single valued
Anyone know? If it already populated with data, it is easy to tell. But what if it does not have data? How can you tell? thanks, lee franke You would have to check the schema programatically. There is an attribute on the schema called 'isSingleValued' that will tell you if the attribute is multi-valued or not. MSDN LinkRyan DunnWeblog The BookLDAP Programming Help...

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

Scritping Driver and Multi-Valued Attributes
Using the 3.6 (patched to IR3) scripting driver and having issues with multi-valued attributes. If two or more values are being added at the same time according to the documentation it's supposed to have multiple name/pairs: ADD_TELEPHONE=818-555-2100 ADD_TELEPHONE=818-555-9842 When I test sending the mail attribute through with multiple values it seems to only take the first value. I also tested with additional attributes with the same results. The attributes I tested with are declared in the schema.def file as multi-valued. Thank you in advance for any help or poss...

JDBC Driver with Multi-valued Attribute
I am writing a jdbc driver with only publisher channel to load in eDir an ORACLE table/view. This source table have n rows for each users: user's key is duplicate for each profiles. The record of the table have the follow structure: <user_id + profile_id + ... + other column>. I have created a custom multi-valued eDir attribute on User class and I have mapped this attribute with the column that represent a list of one or more profiles (the relation user-profile is 1:n). The primary key of the table is composed of (user_id, profile_id). The Matching rule is based on ...

Peoplesoft multi-valued attribute error
IDM 3.5, Peoplesoft 5 driver The driver is working on every attribute and synch's every attribute until I want to synch a multi-value attribute. The attribute coming from Peoplesoft is MAILALTERNATEADDRESS and the edirectory attribute is NSCP: AmailAlternateAddress. The customer wants to use this field to hold an email address in case the user get's married and they are assigned 2 email addresses. The error in the IDM log from the PS driver is: <nds dtdversion="2.0"> <output> <status level="error" type="driver-general"...

Driver multi values attribute rather than overwrites
Perplexing one here, we have a JDBC driver that pulls certain info from our HR app and populates it into our IDM based on matching CN and workforceID, works pretty well depending on SQL statement driving it. What we are finding in implementation is that several of the attributes are becoming multivalued. (i.e. ou, L, title and givenName all have two entries, the new one and the old one) . What I want to do with the driver is set it up so it overwrites the existing value, not multivaluing it. Not sure how to accomplish this..... existing driver '<?xml version=\"1.0...

Multi-value attributes in text driver between delimiters
I have a text feed in which each field/attribute value is separated by a comma. However, in one of these fields, the data will be multi-valued, and I am needing to pull each value into a multi-value attribute within the identity vault. Has anyone done this and what is the recommended method for telling a text driver to view the mv field as separate values within the same attribute? Example: FirstName,LastName,Phone,Address,City,State,Zip,PositionCodes Elmer,Fudd,555-555-5555,123 Main Street,Anywhere,TX,12345,Position1 Position2 Position3 Position4 The last field is the mv...

Error SINGLE VALUED ATTRIBUTE with roles in iManager
Hi, when trying to add/delete roles in iManager 2.7 it gives error SINGLE_VALUED_ATTRIBUTE, but no details for it, and changes do not apply. iManager debug log shows: 09/25/08 [10:08:10.882] ObjectAttribute.....146 com.novell.admin.ns.NamespaceException: SINGLE_VALUED_ATTRIBUTE: Unknown Base Class 09/25/08 [10:08:10.883] RoleManagementTask..991 SINGLE_VALUED_ATTRIBUTE I found this TID http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3377357&sliceId=1 But it doesn't really help. Otherwise eDir seems healthy. any ideas? -sk Sami, It appears that ...

One attribute value to two attributes/ values in eDir
Collective, I have a very interesting issue. I have the need to break one attribute that is in AD (ADval1) to two attributes in eDir (attrval1 and attrval2) . Basically what I want to do is take ADval1 and break that data into the two other attributes, attrval1 and attrval2. The attribute in AD looks like this: AD attribute value data 1 | value data 2 In eDir it looks like this: eDir attribute 1 vlaue data 1 eDir attribute 2 value data 2 I don't know if that's clear, when it was explained to me it was a white board. Has anyone tried this or have any id...

Dynamic method for determing single or multi-value attributes
--_000_F9EBEB8DE1C1184C9BB2BD64BD33A40809EAB1DSMMail01dsmnet_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Fellow LDAPers, I have dozens of Net::LDAP, Entry, LDIF, Schema etc based scripts (Open Sou= rce rocks!). However, I keep finding myself in the same situation wishing I had a more d= ynamic approach towards handling multi-valued attributes. I suppose I could ALWAYS use array references even for attrs that I know ar= e single valued: ie "$rarray =3D $entr->get_value->($some_specific_attr, as= ref =3D> 1)&...

Error
I have one user that gets this on UserApp: Error getting object: cn=nameofgroup,o=blah. The definition for attribute key Description is single-valued, and multiple values exist. I'm not sure WHY that's coming up because: It's supposed to take you to YOUR "My Profile" page upon login, not lookup groups that you're a member of. I found the offending group object and fixed it's description attribute so that it only had one line instead of three. But I'm puzzled as to WHY that would affect you being able to see your profile, since it does...

Web resources about - Multi-valued attribute to single attribute conversion - ldap error 21 - novell.id-manager.drivers

Plug Power Signs Multi-Year ReliOn Fuel Cell Contract With Communications Company Valued at $20M
... N.Y. and SPOKANE, Wash. Plug Power Inc. , a leader in providing clean, reliable energy solutions, today announced that it has executed a multi-year ...