Converting HEX to ASCII

I am using the "photo" attribute to store the location the jpg of our
users (this is what eGuide users).  When I try to read this attribute out
with IDM 3.0, it returns a HEX value. How can I get it in the ASCII
value.  I have the same type of issue trying to read the Personal Login
Script.....Any ideas?
0
rjreisbi
10/19/2006 7:53:46 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Actually it is probably returning a base64 encoded value rather than a
hex value - this is because the attribute is a octet string attribute
which may or may not represent characters (usually it is the actual
picture data).  An example of how to decode base64 from a policy can be
found here:

http://forums.novell.com/group/novell.support.identity-manager.engine-drivers/message-index.tpt/@article@2170
--

Father Ramon

rjreisbi@gundluth.org wrote:
> I am using the "photo" attribute to store the location the jpg of our
> users (this is what eGuide users).  When I try to read this attribute out
> with IDM 3.0, it returns a HEX value. How can I get it in the ASCII
> value.  I have the same type of issue trying to read the Personal Login
> Script.....Any ideas?
0
Father

Convert ASCII/HEX
This is driving me insane: When e export a stream (like login-script) with ICE or NLIST, I only get ASCII code. Anyone any Idea how I can get tis converted to TEXT?? __Leo , > When e export a stream (like login-script) with ICE or NLIST, I only get > ASCII code. Anyone any Idea how I can get tis converted to TEXT?? > NLIST should show it as text. What syntax are you using? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products...

How to convert raw binary data to hex-ascii?
Hello All...  Consider the following code: byte [] MyData = new byte[5];MyData[0] = 0x41;MyData[1] = 0x42;MyData[2] = 0x43;MyData[3] = 0x44;MyData[4] = 0x45;string b64 = Convert.ToBase64String(MyData); The value of b64 will be "QUNGR0g=", a base64 representation of the data stored in the array. Instead of base64, how can I convert that to hex-ascii?  That is I want the end result to be a string that has a value of "4142434445". Ultimately, this will be used to write the data to a SQL server field of type varbinary as in: INSERT INTO MyTable (MyVarBinaryField) VALUES (0x4142434...

ID converted to Unique ID
I am explicitly setting the id of the HtmlInputHidden field in a compiled control. However, ASP.Net is doing me the favor of converting this ID to a Unique ID, adding ctl00_Content_ in front of my ID, which is plaguing my JavaScript. Is there anyway to get around this issue other than a javascript hack? 'Cause this is what I;ll have to resort to: output.WriteLine("var hiddenField = document.getElementByID(\"" + control.UniqueID + "\");"); Thanks, Larry.:: lawrenceport.com ::. Use the ClientID property of the control instead of the UniqueID/Fredri...

how to convert hex string to hex bytes?
Hi I've been trying and haven't found a solution for this yet and hopefully some of you can give me a direction to solve this problem. I have a string in hex representation i.e, 64 chars 'AB23FFFE.....' How can I convert it to 32 chars String where each byte is $AB $23 $FF $FE .... ? Even if I do it manually, can I store the hex(non ASCII) to String? Thanks for looking!! edwin wrote: > I have a string in hex representation i.e, 64 chars 'AB23FFFE.....' > How can I convert it to 32 chars String where each byte is $AB $23 $FF > $FE .... ? Th...

Error trying to get a ID from the ID Driver with IDM4
I call the ID Driver to get an ID from the loopback driver and I get the error message : 11:12:19 604 Drvrs: Loopback services ST: DirXML Log Event ------------------- Driver: \ECA-META\eca\services\DriverSet1\Loopback services Channel: Subscriber Status: Error Message: Code(-9131) Error in vnd.nds.stream://ECA-META/eca/services/DriverSet1/Loopback+services/Subscriber/sub-event-idsa-15juil-2010#XmlData:80 : Error evaluating XPATH expression 'token-xpath("id:getNextID($RMIServer,$RMIPort,$UIDRule,$IDClient,$Tracelevel)")' : com.novell.xml.xpath.XPathEvaluationEx...

no option for adding print drivers in manage driver store
Im working on getting a oes2 linux server setup. Im trying to get iprint going. Ive created the driver store, print manager, etc. per the instructions. But when I go to the manage driver store tab in iManager I dont have the option to add print drivers. -- ddhottinger ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --____KJJQAWKZEFECWQHAJTTG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 24 Mar 2010 06:47:43 -0400" are you going ...

Driver Id and Driver Version not coming while creating the U
Hi, I have got a few Novell Products on my machine. some of them are running on VMPlayer( windows 2003 server) . The products on VMPLayer are : eDirectory 8.8 Identity Manager 3.5.1, iManager The products on my local machine are: Identity Manager User Application Novell designer. When I create a User Provisioning driver in the Identiy Manager using iManager, the driver gets created succssfully. It comes to the running state. But I do not get the driver id and driver version( it says, "atrribute not found") in the driver's detail information. This means the dri...

Convert from hex
echo http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merifiles.com%2Fuploads%2Fmf_aR_Ek_Ajnabi_-_01_-_Ek_Ajnabi_%28Mama_Told_Me%29%28128Kbps%29.mp3| perl -e ' $_=<>;s/%(..)/\\x$1/xg; print "$_"; ' This outputs http\x3A\x2F\x2Fwww.merifiles.com\x2Fuploads\x2Fmf_aR_Ek_Ajnabi_-_01_-_Ek_Ajnabi_\x28Mama_Told_Me\x29\x28128Kbps\x29.mp3 Why does print not print the hex character in question? But, -bash-2.05b$ perl -e ' > print "http\x3A\x2F\x2Fwww.merifiles.com\x2Fuploads\x2Fmf_aR_Ek_Ajnabi_-_01_-_Ek_Ajnabi_\x28Mama_Told_Me\x29\x28128Kbps\x29.mp3" > ' http:/...

Converting ASCII
hi all, what is the syntax to convert a password to ASCII code in server side script in powersite? Thanks in advance. -ARA- ...

Converting to Hex
Is there a simple way, like a one liner perhaps, that will give me the octal/hex value of a character? I need to look certain characters up, so I would like to be able to give it something like an 'a' or even "\n" and have it answer 141 or 012 (assuming UNIX). Thanks for your time. James check out sprintf() and ord() quickly for you example: ## hex perl -e 'printf("%x", ord("\n"))' ## oct perl -e 'printf("%o", ord("\n"))' > -----Original Message----- > From: James Edward Gray II [m...

Known issues with Microsoft Driver manager and SQL Server driver ?
Hello, Are there any known issues with Microsoft Driver Manager hosting both SQL Server driver and Sybase Embedded Database drivers(ASA) ? Thanks, Chethan please clarify this asi quite honestly I have no clue what you are asking. DriverManager will keep track of all loaded JDBC drivers and use the 1st driver which matches the URL. > Hello, > > Are there any known issues with Microsoft Driver Manager > hosting both SQL Server driver and Sybase Embedded > Database drivers(ASA) ? > > Thanks, > Chethan > > ...

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

Delphi XE3 FireDAC TADConnection: Firebird driver not in Driver ID list
Delphi XE3 Enterprise FireDAC TADConnection Firebird driver not in Driver ID list Hi to all, I use Delphi XE3 Enterprise and have just installed FireDAC 7.0.1, but trying the sample "getting started" application, I can't find Firebird in the Driver ID list. I can see ADS, ASA, DataSnap, etc but no Firebird. By the way, all the DBExpress applications are running fine with Firebird. Is something I have missed? Hernando. Hello Hernando 'FB' driver ID was introduced in FireDAC v 9.0.1 (XE5). Before that existed only 'IB' driver ID. To workaround ...

Printer driver deleted immediately after printer driver installation by remote printer management
I have a Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with Novell Client 4.9 SP2. The printer drivers installed after the user login, but it will be deleted immediately after a meanwhile. The system event log show "Printer xxxx is pending deleted". And finally no network printer is installed on client side. I tried to add the printer driver manaually by access NDPS Controlled Printer, Windows alerted that it cannot locate the printer and cannot download the printer driver, but it can shows the printer status is "Ready" at add printer dialog. Any advice about this? Thanks. What first comes...

Web resources about - Converting HEX to ASCII - novell.id-manager.drivers