convert octet string to string

I'm trying to use IDM 3.5.1 provision an AD environmnet with users from
eDir.
We wanna provision as much info as possible, but one attribute gives us
headaches. This is an auxiliary attribute associated with each user in
eDir that has it's syntax set to octet string. Problem is we need to
provision this over to another attribute in AD that uses string as its
syntax.

Is thee a way through XPath or ECMA script to have the value converted
during the provisioning? I've no experience with either XPath or ECMA so
please be detailed in your replies.

Thx

--
jdoeconsulting

jdoeconsulting
9/22/2009 10:16:02 AM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hehehe, I solved it myself. Appearently the src attribute was base64
encoded, all it took was to reformat the operation attribute and base64
decode it.

Perhaps this can help others.

jdoeconsulting
jdoeconsulting's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=65364
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=386938

0
jdoeconsulting
9/22/2009 1:36:02 PM
Can you post the rule you used for reformat and convert? I�m trying to
set the attribute Login Allowed Time Map, which is an octet, but I�m
unable to convert it to a understandable format, so I can play with the
value. Your rule might help me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gustavo

--
gabaurre
gabaurre's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=41451
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=386938

0
gabaurre

String and String[]
What will be the advantage of using myString: String[10] over myString: String Man wrote: > What will be the advantage of using > myString: String[10] > over > myString: String "String[10]" is a fixed-length, statically allocated, Ansi-based ShortString. "String" is a dynamic-length, dynamically allocated, reference counted, Ansi-based or Unicode-based (depening on Delphi version) Long string. Unless you absolutely need the static, fixed length nature of ShortString, such as in records that interact with external systems, you should stay ...

string and string[]
hello, whats the difference here between string and string[] thanks "string" denotes an item of type String "string[]" denotes an array of type String itemsThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Gracia mon ami...

String and string?
Hi guys, I was wondering the difference between small letter string type and a capital letter String type. Does anyone know about this? Highly appreciate for your answers! Thankz! The "proper" version is String, as it references the System.String class of the .NET Framework Class Library. The ability to use string is provided by C#, where it is an alias to String. Similarly, the "proper" version of an integer is Int32, as it references System.Int32.  The ability to use int is provided by C#, and the ability to use Integer is provided by VB.NET, and both int and Integer are aliases...

string to string[]
Hi, I've got this code : string[] Params; string SQL = "SELECT * FROM T_MANAGEMENT_PAGES"; SqlCommand myCommand = new SqlCommand(SQL, myConnection); myConnection.Open(); SqlDataReader myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader(); try { while (myReader.Read()) { Params_Type = myReader.GetValue(0).ToString(); } } catch { } finally { } myReader.Close(); My problem is to obtain Params_Type. But each time, it says : "impossible to convert '[object]' in 'string[]' &quo...

string() = string()
this code does not work (not instance of object) Dim Items(), Other() As String Items = New String() {"A","B","C"} Other = New String() {} Other = Items how can I get all the values ? angiras Hi, If I understand your requirement correctly, this should do it Dim Items() As String = {"A", "B", "C"} Dim Other(Items.Length - 1) As String Items.CopyTo(Other, 0) To more closely match you code above, but this will be less efficient Dim Items(), Other() As String ...

How to convert a String into a UTF8 String
Hello! I want to convert a normal String into a UTF8 String for example:myString = BüromyUTF8String = Büros  I dont know how to do this. In PHP you can do this with myUTF8String = utf8_encode(myString) Thank you for all hints! try this string test ="ÁÉÍÓÚ áéíóú àèìòù äëïöü Ññ €"; byte[] a= System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(test); string test2= System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetString(a);  greetingsBest Regards,Sebastián DopicoBlog Desarrollador Thank you Sebastián! If I make it like that - test2 looks the same as test.But I think my problem is solved. (Someone tol...

Convert string to string array.
Hi, We have a string array argument in datawindow object for 'IN' sql statement. Our user enter a string in a single line edit. How to convert the string to a string array for the argument of datawindow? ex. user input : 'A', 'B', 'C' => str_arr[]={'A', 'B', 'C'} dw_1.retrieve(str_arr) Thanks in advance. Take a look at the n_cst_string object in the pfc. It has a method called of_ParseToArray that does exactly what you're looking for. It's a pretty simple task to 'port' the code ...

Converting a list of string into string
When I try the following code in Prism I get the error "Error 8 (CE15) Type mismatch, cannot assign array of System.String to System.String " ***************************************************************** var mobileNumberList :List<string> mobNumberArray :string Begin mobileNumberList.add('1234567890'); mobNumberArray := mobileNumberList.ToArray();//error here end; *************************************************************** What needs to be done to convert an array of strings to a string Venkatesh Venkatesh VT a écrit : > When I...

Convert UPPERCASE string to Upper-Lower Case (ie. THIS IS MY STRING -> This Is My String)
I recently had the need to convert an all capitalized string to upper/lower case, but couldn't find anything to do it in XSLT 1.0.  If it helps anyone out, I wrote the following:   Call it using: <xsl:template match="Ads">  <xsl:call-template name="ToUpperLowerCase">   <xsl:with-param name="inputString" select="YOURSTRINGHERE"/>   <xsl:with-param name="index" select="0"/>   <xsl:with-param name="loopCount" select="st...

a string in a string in a string in my code behind....
I know my title talk about code-behind, but this is really a client-side problem (and surely a newby one too, sorry about that).I have a javascript function that my make a little text appear when the onmouseover event of a link is activated.So, normally, if my link was inside my html code, it would be something like this:<a href = "whocare.com"  onmouseover="poplink('I want to test something');">test</a>BUT, for some reason, I have to write this part in code behind with the LiteralControl function....and that will give something like that:this.Controls.Add(new LiteralCo...

m_AVP As IDictionary(Of String, String) = New Dictionary(Of String, String) ,not defined?
   I am creating a usercontrol (ascx,ascx.vb)   I have used Imports system.Collections Imports system.Collections.Generic     Private m_AttributeValuePair As IDictionary(Of String, String) = New Dictionary(Of String, String)     But I am gettting an error “Type Dictionary is not defined”   And also I am getting intelisense to type the line But what is the reason for my error ? How can I get escape from the error ?         this error is not showing today  ...

converting string to integer, subtracting strings.
Hi,  I have a textbox into which the user will enter a number I then have button that when the user clicks, the number taken from the textbox will be subtracted by one or more(depending on the users situation) and displayed in a label.   The problem i am having at the moment is that when i attempt to do this an error comes up saying that "the operator '-' cannot be used with string or int". String Score1 = txtScore1.Text: String netScore1;   netScore1 = Score1 - 1; lblNetScore1.Text = netScore1;   I have ...

Convert Unicode string to Readable String
Novell Identity Manager 3.5.1 RedHat Linux enterprise edition. SOAP IDM driver.. When I query on an attribute "firstName" from IDM, the application returns value on that atrribute as the "English\u00c6". It looks like the string comes as a Unicode string.. I need help to reformat that value so that it can be readable for my rules in my driver.. Any help guys? Regards, M. -- love anything that talks binary! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 21 May 2010 08:26:01 +0000, belaie wrote: >...

octet string map to string attribute
I am using IDM 3.5.1 and performing a NDS2NDS provisioning. Both source and target directory are 8.8 SP3 verison. I would like to perform mapping source.attributeA to target.attributeA. But the schema of souce.attributeA is 'octet string' and target.attributeA is 'case exact string'. I tried configuration on IDM but failed to migration the attributeA value to target directory. Can IDM convert octet string to string during provisioning? -- jabbaaa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ It's certainly possible to do...

Web resources about - convert octet string to string - novell.id-manager.drivers

Radical plan to convert Domain Stadium into a wave park
The man behind a radical plan to convert Domain Stadium into an artificial wave park, says it will become &nbsp;a sporting spectacle for wave-starved ...

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.

Microsoft converts more customers into testers with Office Insider preview program
Microsoft today launched a new preview program for consumers who subscribe to Office 365 that will give them a sneak peak at new features slated ...

'Water Bug' Robot Digests Pollution, Converts it to Electricity
The Row-Bot was capable of generating more energy than it needed.