Sorting Columns within columns

In sent items, I need to be able to sort first by 'To' and then by 'Date'
so that all mail sent to one person is grouped together and in date
order. (Bit like the sort you can do in Excel).There only appears to be
one sort option.
Any ideas anyone?
0
Denise
5/17/2005 11:46:55 AM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sort by date first, then by the To, as Sorts normally do a minimum
movement approach, that should get you what you want, but it would always
be a manual process - you can't store the double sort

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

You can register now for the EMEA GroupWise Summit -  June 28/29 The
Hague, Netherlands
http://www.groupwiser.net/Summit
0
Dave

Sort-sequence of columns within table columns in the repository
In a physical data model there is a correct sort-sequence of columns within a table: TABLE_1 - FIRST_COLUMN - SECOND_COLUMN - THIIRD_COLUMN - FOURTH_COLUMN - FIFTH_COLUMN After transferring the physical data model into a repository all columns within a table are sorted alphabetically: TABLE_1 - FIFTH_COLUMN - FIRST_COLUMN - FOURTH_COLUMN - SECOND_COLUMN - THIIRD_COLUMN After checking out this physical data modell from repository the columns are again in correct order. How can I control the sort-sequence in the repository? Regards Wolfgang I don't ...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

PD 7: Sorting of columns within Table Column List
I am trying to generate an RTF document that contains the Entity Description and the Table Column List. I have all the pieces I need, however, when I generate the RTF document, the order in which columns appear within the list seems to be random. I would like the columns to be listed in the same order that they appear on the diagram. How can I do that? There does not seem to be a property for column position or column id that I can sort on, and I do not want it sorted aphabetically by name. Any hints? Thanks, Frank Wow, I'm surprised I haven't heard of this pro...

Datagrid sort -Sorting a column which is mapped to database column
How do I sort a datagrid column ,which is not mapped to database column. I'm able to sort other columns from the same datagrid which are mapped to database column and this grid has one of the columns which is not mapped to database column. But need to know how to sort the column which is not mapped to database column.     needtoknow: How do I sort a datagrid column ,which is not mapped to database column. I'm able to sort other columns from the same datagrid which are mapped to database column and this grid has one of the columns which is not mapped to database ...

How I sort the gridview column after column
I have the following columns in my gridview(VB) Type   FirstName   LastName    Company   City How I can sort the gridview firstly by column 1, after that by column 2 and so on. Thanks in advance.   You can write your SQL SELECT statement this way: SELECT Type ,  FirstName,   LastName,    Company,   City  FROM yourtable ORDER BY 1 ASC, 2, 3,4, 5 OR SELECT Type,  FirstName,   LastName,    Company,   City  FROM yourtable ORDER BY  Type&...

Column within a column in a DataGrid
Hi, I have a DataGrid on which I would like to divide a particular column into 2 to display a number information on the sub column?? Visually I'm speaking something like this below. +----------------+-----------------+ | ACCOUNTID | ACCOUNT NO | +----------------+-----------------+ | 1000 | | 125364 | | 1015 | | 125365 | | 1025 | | 125312 | +-----------------+----------------+ My question again is how to see this extra sub column within the ACCOUNTID Column here. Looking for a quick reply. Th...

Sort on column without highlighting the column
Hi there, I have a grid style datawindow and when I click the column header in order to sort the data the entire column is selected (highlighted). Is there a way to sort by clicking on the column header but without highlighting the entire column? Thanks, Gerry. An aside. I can turn the grid property off, but then I loose the capability to move and resize the columns. Gerry. On 21 Apr 2004 09:35:52 -0700, Gerry <gerico@xs4all.nl> wrote: >Hi there, > >I have a grid style datawindow and when I click the column header in >order to sort the data the enti...

Sorting columns when displaying single column in DataList

validation columns against column
Hi  Do anybody know some articles or codeexample of how to validate columns against a input Column. B can be > A and B can be < C. If you in row ID write 55 for Column_B, it must be reject.example:ID        column_A  Column_B   Column_C1              3               10             152         &...

Writing a column after column
Hi all, I need to consolidate columns of data available across different directories into a single excel csv file. Usually we write to a file row after row but for the current task I have, it would be convenient to write the file column after column. Is there a file writing mode for this? If not, I guess, I will have to write the matrix row by row and then take a transpose. Let me know what you guys think and if you could share some skeleton of code for something like this would be great. Thanks. -vijay vijay wrote: > I need to consolidate columns of data available acro...

How to place in DataGrids’s first column table’s column name, in second Datagrid’s column table’s column value?
Hello I use C#. I’m interesting are there samples solved my problem. Andrew. You will need to loop through the datasource of the datagrid or through the datagrid items and fetch the values for the second datagrid.Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thank you! I solved my problem at the server cite. Andrew. ...

Sorting and the treatment of null columns and empty ("") columns.
It seems that when we sort on a column where some of the rows contain null values they always go to the top of the datawindow (does not seem to matter if Sort parameter is Ascending or Descending). Is this standard behavior for PB? If columns are not required by the database and we do not check empty string is null property on the datawindow object would the column end of empty ("") and where will they sort? Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com If I use the column from the database (no joins) it sorts the null fields correctly. If I use a computed field it puts the null...

Sorting columns
Hi - I have a datagrid that is set to allow sorting and paging.  It works great.  What I would like to do now, for usability sake, is to dynamically change the background color of the column header the user is sorting by.  I will like to do this dynamically as part of the sorting function.For example: I have a datagrid with 3 columns with the headers "Company Name", "Production Name", and "Audition Dates".  By default the datagrid loads info sorted by the "Company Name" column.  I would like to dynamically set the background color of that header to red.  If the ...

[*-)]how to delete all columns except one column for the corresponding column name......?
hi friends,          i've a table with (columns) username, content,data,........... i need to delete all column names(i.e.,content,data,........) except username for the specified username. eg: consider username=mahendran. i've to delete the values in the content,data,...............for the username=mahendran. but username should exist.how to do that?pls help me......  ---------------------------------------------------Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if you are satisfied. Use the following  DataTable.Columns.Rem...

Web resources about - Sorting Columns within columns - novell.groupwise.discontinued

Sorting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For sorting we can either specify a weak order "should not come after" or a strict weak order "should come before" (specifying one defines also ...

Category:WikiProject Stub sorting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a collection of policy pages, discussion pages and categories relevant to the WikiProject Stub sorting . They are in no way "owned" or ...

Sorting Through The Facebook IPO-Related Rumors
There’s no shortage of speculation and rumors about Facebook’s upcoming initial public offering , some of it plausible, some of it not so much. ...

Caboose Express: Patterns and Sorting for Preschool and Kindergarten on the App Store on iTunes
Get Caboose Express: Patterns and Sorting for Preschool and Kindergarten on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

David Gandy outside Oliver Spencer show, London Collections: Men SS 2014, Day 2, 17 June 2013, Old Sorting ...
David Gandy outside Oliver Spencer show, London Collections: Men SS 2014, Day 2, 17 June 2013, Old Sorting ...

Skittles Sorting Machine 2 - YouTube
This is a machine I designed to sort Skittles. It uses a BASIC Stamp 2 and 3 servos for actuation. An IR LED and phototransistor are used to ...

Gallop should take a run at sorting out Waratahs
Gallop should take a run at sorting out Waratahs

Hurricane Sandy - she's sorting the men from the boys
Hurricane Sandy - she's sorting the men from the boys

CSIRO scientists sorting mail, cleaning labs after budget cuts
Highly skilled scientists and project leaders at the CSIRO are being kept from their research to clean laboratories, write promotional material, ...

Convicts and sex slaves: sorting the fact from the fiction in British TV series 'Banished'
A salacious story about the establishment of Sydney's penal colony should not be mistaken for history.