Security on Groupwise..

Dear All,

I am fed up of our support people changing the security on the POA to low
and leaving it without changing it to "High". Is there any way I can check
who has done this change ? the loggin on the POA set to Verbose. Or is
there are way to lock this, so that only certain people can change it ?

Many Thanks for any help.

Varuni
CNE 6
0
varuniw
7/26/2004 1:01:44 PM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No, sorry.

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

<varuniw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I am fed up of our support people changing the security on the POA to low
> and leaving it without changing it to "High". Is there any way I can check
> who has done this change ? the loggin on the POA set to Verbose. Or is
> there are way to lock this, so that only certain people can change it ?
>
> Many Thanks for any help.
>
> Varuni
> CNE 6

0
Michael

GroupWise 6.0 to GroupWise ?
I am running GroupWise 6.0 and was wondering when Novell will stop posting updates for this product. Things seem to be running great but my boss is wondering, so I have to ask. Just wondering, ken@rlmrlm.com GroupWIse 6.0 is no longer supported. I doubt you will see any updates for 6.0. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop "A bicycle cannot stand alone because it is two tired." > GroupWIse 6.0 is no longer supported. I doubt you will see any updates > for 6.0. > > -- > Timothy Leerhoff > Novell Support Forum Volunt...

GroupWise security
Hiya, We have gw 6.5.1 and I have been asked to find some docs that describe how GroupWise security works. Primary from an internal point a view as opposed to sending stuff over the net. I'm looking for details on communication between Clients, POA, MTAs and WebAccess. Thanks Marcus It's pretty much all encrypted except for the last bit of plain text files floating into the GWIA. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Thanks Dave. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in...

Groupwise Security
My mail server has both a public and private link. it is open to the internet which poses a security threat. How can i secure the groupwise mail server? thanks. Hi, gax wrote: > > My mail server has both a public and private link. it is open to the > internet which poses a security threat. How can i secure the groupwise > mail server? Hmm. Do you *need* or *want* Groupwise to be accessible from the Internet or not? If not, then the answer is, "with a firewall". CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Product Support Forum Sysop No emails please! http://w...

GroupWise for NetWare to GroupWise for Linux
I started a thread under agents (subject is Move Users to New GroupWise v6.5 For Linux) but it might fit better here. Has anyone installed GroupWise for Linux and moved GroupWise for NetWare users to the GroupWise for Linux system? If you have please post how you accomplished this. Thanks in advance. Yep - piece of cake. First, I went and got a program called convert-case (you could probably make a script for it, but I'm lazy). Shut the agents down, make sure no users can access the system. I moved the domain first. 1. Ran convert case on the domain directory...

groupwise security
Hello, We tried to add security on our groupwise server by adding the high security using ssl on the post office. The problem hit when people with groupwise passwords different to their NDS passwords tried to log in to groupwise it came up with 'LDAP failure detected' Is there something were missing when trying to run ssl when authenticating through ldap ?? very stuck... Thanks here's a couple of TIDs to get you started... i've had this problem, but have not answered it yet... http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/100...

GroupWise to GroupWise send fail
Hello, I have a interesting situation. I have a GroupWise 7 server on the internal segment of my firewall which is our corporate email system. I also have a GroupWise 8 server in the dmz. I need to have the ability to send mail from our corporate server to the dmz server. I can send from the dmz to the corporate because of the firewall rules. However the firewall will not allow the send to happen from the corporate to the dmz. Is there a way I can send to the dmz server without modifing our firewall rules? -- immecor ---------------------------------------------------...

Autodeclines not being recieved Groupwise to Groupwise
Hi all, I have one user in our Network how can not recieve Decline notifications from other Groupwise users in the same network. I have tried updating the user to groupwise 8 HP2 and still nothing (we are not using HP3 just yet because our server is still running GW8 HP2). The user can recieve accepted notifications and they come through almost instantly but not the Decline notifications. I have tried decline with comment and decline without comment but still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rudi -- rudigreeff -----------------------------------...

GroupWise: Disassociate GroupWise Attributes
Hi all, My customer has an IDVault (eDirectory) and an eDirectory with GroupWise in it. I created a few drivers that synchronise the users between the IDVault and eDirectory, and create mailboxes based on entitlements. This all works like a charm (including password-sync). What i did next: When a user is moved to an 'inactive' container in the IDVault, the user is deprovisioned in eDirectory (deleted). The GroupWise driver 'reformats' the operation from a 'delete' to a 'move', and moves the user to an 'Archive' postoffice. This works like a...

Switching from Firefox to Groupwise kills Groupwise
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Switching from Firefox to Groupwise kills Groupwise Comments: Our company uses Groupwise as an email system (ie I have to use it) and I have used Firefox at the same time without problems until I downloaded 3.5.2 - now Groupwise messages if opened while Firefox is active will flash repeatedly, slow down/freeze the computer, and eventually Groupwise will quit. As older versions of Firefox did not cause this problem, it seems to be something that has happened as a result of upgrades. Groupwise has not changed (since the Dark Ages ;). Browser De...

Outlook Connector for GroupWise vs. GroupWise
I've seen the feature comparison between Outlook over Exchange, Outlook over GroupWise, and Outlook over Notes, but I can't seem to find a comparison between Outlook over GroupWise and the standard GroupWise client. Basically, I'm trying to find out what a user would lose by using the Outlook connector instead of staying with the GroupWise client. I believe the whole proxy functionality is foreign to Outlook, and I don't know how shared calendars compare; these are a couple of things I need to know. Does anyone know more, or have a link I can go to? (Or another ...

Web GroupWise , groupwise 5.5
Seems to be a major problem with Web Groupwise lately. Majority of recipients have not been able to open any attachments I've sent - that includes excel, word, powerpoint & adobe acrobat. It used to just be issues with excel - now it's everything. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix for this? thanks/regards, Tomi Tomi, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: ...

Migrating from Groupwise Netware to Groupwise Windows?
Hello All: I have a Groupwise 5.5 system on Netware 5.1SP8, I wish to migrate my Groupwise 5.5 system to Groupwise 7.0 on a Microsoft Windows 2003 system. Is there a how to for this type of migration. Thanks for time. Thierry www.caledonia.net Have a look at the GroupWise 7.0 upgrade guide. On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:46:23 GMT, thierry.sempey@bell.ca wrote: >Hello All: > >I have a Groupwise 5.5 system on Netware 5.1SP8, I wish to migrate my >Groupwise 5.5 system to Groupwise 7.0 on a Microsoft Windows 2003 system. >Is there a how to for this type of mig...

Outlook Connector for GroupWise vs. GroupWise
I've seen the feature comparison between Outlook over Exchange, Outlook over GroupWise, and Outlook over Notes, but I can't seem to find a comparison between Outlook over GroupWise and the standard GroupWise client. Basically, I'm trying to find out what a user would lose by using the Outlook connector instead of staying with the GroupWise client. I believe the whole proxy functionality is foreign to Outlook, and I don't know how shared calendars compare; these are a couple of things I need to know. Does anyone know more, or have a link I can go to? Thanks, R...

GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed.
This message appers after new installation on Win2000 client laptop. Novell 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5.4 is running on the server. -------------------------------------------------------------------- GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed. GroupWise-components can�t initz.. Run GroupWise intall or contact your admin. OK -------------------------------------------------------------------- Tryed to install again but no good. Tryed to delete some client registry and it works ONCE. After restart of GroupWise the same message appers. Also tryed to clean out all of the registry a...

Web resources about - Security on Groupwise.. - novell.groupwise.discontinued

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...