Outlook & GW 5.5.5 (NW 6.5.5)

We have GW 5.5.5 for interoffice email & 50% of my employees have
Outlook Express (or Outlook) for their internet email.  My problem is
whenever I upgrade a user from Outlook Express to Outlook I generally
run into problem with GW or Outlook or both.  My latest user I finally
got her up on Outlook (2003), she had been running OE without any
problems.  After I finally created a 2nd profile for her because
Outlook obviously didn't like her default Novell settings I got that to
work.  Now her GW will not open at all.  Her notify works but that has
been the case before with other users (my self included).  I tried
uninstalling, running the cleaning agent & reinstalling but no luck.
Any suggestions?  Is there something I'm missing getting Outlook at
GW/Novell to play nicely together.  I have a problem with each user
(whether it be they lose their Novell address book & I have to manually
import it) that I convert from OE to Outlook that is also running GW
5.5.5
thank you

--
mostrosky
0

>Is there something I'm missing getting Outlook at
>GW/Novell to play nicely together

Not really, the versions of MAPI between Outlook 2003 and GW5.5 will clash
horribly, it's pretty much impossible to run both on the same machine.
OL2003 would need GW7 to coexist in any sort of sane fashion.

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

GW 5.5 on NW 5.1 -> GW 6.5 on NW 6.5
Hi All, Setup: I have a single tree (TRINET) with 3 Netware 6.5 SP4 servers (INTL, ENV, AUSTIN) running file/print services. In this same tree I have 2 Netware 5.1 SP8 servers (MASTER, EMAIL). MASTER does nothing but have the PO and DO sitting in it's OU on the tree. It is NOT providing any services such as file/print. The server named EMAIL is running GroupWise 5.5 EP SP5. We have a Linux based web server (apache) at a remote site (co-lo) running the WebAccess that connects to EMAIL. I have a NEW server ready to take on an installation of Netware 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5. ...

Netware 5.0 SBS with GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 with GW 6.5
I am assisting a client with a migration from NW 5.0 w/ GW 5.5 to new server hardware (will be replacing the old server) running NW 6.5 with GW 6.5 via the 7.1 Migration Wizzard. I am still a little unsure of the best migration path. I planned on migrating straight from NW 5 and GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 and GW 6.5. However, other people indicate that it is not a clean migration. Furthermore, the documentation states that I will have to re-install GW6.5 to update the NLMs on the Target after the migration. Won't this overwright my information store? Perhaps I am supposed to m...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

GroupWise 5.5.5 under Netware 6.5
I have not been able to get my Groupwise snapins back since I upgraded my Groupwise server to Netware 6.5. Is there any way to do this? Recopy the snapins from the SDD Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ I got an error before, but this time it worked. Thanks. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.1a495f6d48d9516ce6@support-forums.novell.com... > Recopy the snapins from the SDD > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] ...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

GW 5.5.5
YES, I know. What are my best choices for an upgrade to 6.5 latest SP? Many POs, several seperate GW systems managed by different people, ETC... Aprox 1500+ uesre... can 6.5 agents function with 5.5.5 clients? for long periods of time? Tony, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the othe...

5.5 to 6.5
I used to use GW 5.5, stopped for awhile and have just upgraded to 6.5, prompting several preliminary questions: 1. I previously used a blind forwarder to get pop3 email from the provider and then feed it to GW. Is this still necessary or can GW connect directly to an internet email source? 2. i intend to set up a BorderManager server. I want to implement WebAccess, though know nothing about it as of yet. Should I postpone setting up GW until after the BM server is up? GW has always liked a permanent link, and in these days of DSL this is thankfully no longer a problem and ...

So are we 5.5
We are not doing a new install but an upgrade. an things that will impact an upgrade. or Box is a Netware 5.1 SP6 thanks Tomi Don't understand a word you are saying but recommend Danita's book....www.caledonia.net -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not...

groupwise 5.5 #5
any real world configs out there that i can read about and use for my setup? thanks z Zemi, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in the "free product support" drop down box. - You could also try po...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

GroupWise 5.5 to 6.5
I have had a recent problem trying to upgrade a clients groupwise system (simple single domain and post office) from GroupWise 5.5 to 6. The post office refuses to upgrade to version 6 in Console1 etc. I've tried the upgrade 3 times and have has to revert the system back to 5.5 using backups). I've been through just about every TID possible and have decided to perhaps try approaching this from another direction. The client is willing to go straight to 6.5, so what I wanted to do, in simple terms, is move all their current users mailboxes and all their associated mail...

GW 5.5 to 6.5
After I migrate to my 6.5 server hardware including my gw55 - do i just install the agents (mta, gwia & poa) or do I run the Groupwise system install again? Is it an UPDATE or NEW Groupwise install since its on new hardware with no sys\system GW nlms? If you can just give me a clue on this two questions - I promise to get the Caldonia doc you always recommend Neither. It's just a copy, assuming the server ip address, volume structure, server name stayed the same. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openh...

NW 4.11 & GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.5/6.5SP1
Hi All, I am in the process of testing the migration of Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.5 & 6.5SP1 (now that its out). Some problems that we have with the NW6.5/SP1 migration :- Groupwise 5.5 SP4 BorderManager 3.5 SP? Zenworks for Desktops 3.2 SP1 CA Arcserve IT 6.1/6.6 We have a tight schedule to migrate 16 NW4.11 servers, we have upgraded the DS to 6.21 on all servers and are about to install our first Certificate Server as NW6.5SP1 and move all the master partitions across to this box. But as we are also running the applications above which don't appear to be su...

Web resources about - Outlook & GW 5.5.5 (NW 6.5.5) - novell.groupwise.discontinued

Flexity Outlook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Flexity Outlook is a series of low-floored, articulated light-rail trams manufactured by Bombardier Transportation . Part of the larger Flexity ...

Zynga Scales Back Outlook, Cites ‘Challenging Environment’ On Facebook Platform
... growing revenue, which the company reported Wednesday in its second-quarter financial results . Zynga noted that it is scaling back its outlook ...

Microsoft Integrates Facebook into Outlook
On the heels of a recent Facebook Pages integration with Docs.com , Microsoft has again Facebook-ized its products by allowing Outlook users ...

Outlook Magazine (@Outlookindia) on Twitter

bit-player - An amateur's outlook on computation and mathematics
In a few days bit-player will celebrate its seventh birthday. (The first published post was dated January 9, 2006.) The original design for the ...

LinkedIn for Outlook - LinkedIn
LinkedIn for Outlook Your Professional Network within Microsoft Outlook Get more info about your important contacts, see what they're doing, ...

Boxer For Gmail, Outlook, Exchange and more on the App Store on iTunes
Get Boxer For Gmail, Outlook, Exchange and more on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

iOS Outlook app adds Skype integration to automatically schedule & join Skype meetings
... of business meetings these days taking place via Skype , Microsoft has made it easier than ever to schedule and join a Skype call in the Outlook ...

LNG gloom, S&P oil price cuts darken outlook for energy stocks
The shock drop in China's LNG consumption and S&P's oil downgrade have driven oil and gas stocks to fresh multi-year lows.

You can now create Skype meetings right from Microsoft Outlook for iOS
Based largely on Acompli , which Microsoft acquired just over a year ago, Microsoft Outlook is a smart email app that works with a variety of ...