GroupWise 5.2 migration #2

I am planning to migrates the GroupWise 5.2 from my current server to

another new hardware (server).

I had successfully migrated the Netware 4.2 SB using the DSMAINT
option on
the old unit to the new hardware. What will be correct steps to
migrate
the entire GroupWise 5.2 system onto the new server?

Thanks

Andy

0
my23gbh
12/29/2003 4:01:44 AM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

does this help?
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2950390.htm

Suzanne Miles
Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Suzanne
12/29/2003 4:10:37 PM
Take a look at TID10008433. Do you have and gateways? If so there is a

better way than described to move these.

--
Barry Merchant
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Barry

Trying to migrate from Groupwise 5.2 to Groupwise 5.5
Dear all, My name is Pablo Vazquez. I am trying to migrate my client�s Groupwise 5.2 system to Groupwise 5.5 (thing that I have done a lot of times in different clients) but the domain database is so corrupt that I cannot migrate even when I have rebuilt the base. As they do not have any good backup of the wpdomain.db I think that my only chance to migrate is to install the Groupwise 5.5 system on the same NDS Tree, make the Groupwise 5.2 and 5.5 coexist and then start moving users from Groupwise 5.2 to Groupwise 5.5. The questiona are : Is that solution possible ? Could ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Groupwise 5.2 #2
I have setup an Everyone group in Groupwise 5.2. Can someone from outside our PO then just address an email everyone@abcde.com and everyone in our network that is in that Everyone group get that email? Thanks, Marty Only if you've enabled Groups on your GWIA. I honestly don't remember if that's a feature with 5.2 or not. I know it's a feature now. By default this feature is disabled. It's a /group switch and it goes in the gwia.cfg file. Matt -- Matt Ray MC Consulting - GWGuru.com MCNE, CNI, LPI, CLS, CNS Novell Gold Reseller mra...

groupwise 5.5 to 6.5 migration #2
I have installed a new Groupwise 6.5 server and now need to migrate the 5.5 system to the 6.5 system. I have run the upgrade wizard on the domain and noticed the version number went from 5.5 to 6.5 ( this is what should happen) I then ran the wizard on the PO but can't get the PO to display the correct version when I check it useing console1. I must be doing something wrong, but I have done the process ( with minor changes ) and still can't seem to get it to update the PO. Any help ???? Stop the MTA and the POA. Start the mta manually, wait 5, start the poa, make ...

how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5
Can anyone here tell me how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5? Thanks. It's not too difficult, but probably too much for here. Take a look at the e-guide at www.valedonia.net. -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless requested please!! *** Or even www.caledonia.net Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ That one too I suppose<g>. Thanks:-) -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless reques...

Groupwise 5.2.6 #2
I posted and asked where to get the latest client for 5.2.6. I was told in the Softeare Dist Directory under win32. However when I go to the Software Dist Directory that is listed in the POA the destination does not exist on my server. Must have been deleted or moved. Anyway, I cannot find it. I downloaded the groupwise 5.2.6 upgrade file and just want to copy the files so I will have the latest client. So I click on the copy only the files option and navigate to the direcotry that is listed in the POA as the Software dist directory and I get a message that says "The selecte...

Migrate from Groupwise 6.5 on Small Business Server to Groupwise 7 on OES 2 Linux x64
I am working with a company that has Small business server 6.5. I want to migrate it to an evaluation version of Groupwise 7.0.3 linux on OES2 Linux X64. They have only 5 users, One tree, and One Post Office. Can I migrate a licensed version to a evaluation version if the user, tree, and post office limitations are met? Can I use the Groupwise Migration Utility? Danita suggested in the previous post Mig GW 6.0->7.0 to use the Utility rather than dbcopy. The documentation states that The Server Migration Utility moves GroupWise components from one server to another. It does not mo...

Adding a GroupWise 6.5 domain in a 5.2 GroupWise System
Hello, We are using GW5.2.6 on Nw 4.2 (Ds 6.21). We have 3 servers/ 2 domains and 2 PO on 2 servers, 1 GWIA on the last server. We are not using Document Management. Is it possible : 1/ Setup a new 5.2 domain on a new server in the actual GW 5.2 system. 2/ Convert it to Primary domain. 3/ Create une new PO in 5.2 version in this domain. 4/ Move some users from others PO to the new one in 5.2 version. 5/ Migrate the Primary domain to 6.5.2 version (with all the needed modifications). 6/ Migrate the new PO to 6.5.2. version (with all the needed modifications). 7/ Install the n...

Abend on Netware 6.5.2 with GroupWise 6.5.2
We have a netware server 6.5 with sp2 with GroupWise 6.5 with sp2 we have upgraded to ARCserve 11.1 NWAGENT to this server when ARCsever begins its backup we get this abend on or after the backup. I know the abend list is long but I didnt want to leave anything out. Please HELP need to know how to fix this. I got a abend on this file last night. The GWPOA.NLM is ver 6.5 date 7/19/2004 ID 296. Server HQFS1 halted Wednesday, December 1, 2004 3:00:54.589 am Abend 1 on P01: Server-5.70.02-4346: Kernel detected an attempted context switch while holding a spinlock Registers: ...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

Groupwise 5.2 migration
I am planning a migration of a Netware 4.11 server running GroupWise 5.2 to new hardware, Netware 6 and GroupWise 5.5 My original intention was to proceed as follows: 1.) Upgrade GroupWise to 5.5 2.) Migrate the server to Netware 6 on new hardware using the Migration Wizard. Is this sound? Will I need to re-install GroupWise 5.5 after the migration? Are there any pitfalls? Regards David David, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem b...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

Restoring Groupwise 6.5.2 backup on NW 6.5.2. TSAFS error
Hello - backing up a GW 6.5.2 cluster with Syncsort backup Express 2.1.5D. We're using the GWTSA. Backup runs fine. Restore is not going as well though. I have created a cluster resource called "restore" and am trying to make this our restore area.. except when I try to restore files here, the TSAFS yells at me (via the BEX logs) that I am trying to restore to an invalid path.. BEX support is confident that the data backed up and that BEX is trying to send the data, but TSAFS is not cooperating. So I own it.. There is a TID #10094692 which refers an issue like this to NW6...

Groupwise 5.5.5 showing X-Mailer 5.5.2
Hi, I applied Groupwise SP5 patch to Groupwise and its still listing the x- Mailer as 5.5.2. This is a problem because some organizations blacklist you if you don't have a fully patched Groupwise. Has anyone figured out the solution for this problem without reapplying the patch? Thanks, Mark Hahn Are you certain everything was patched? -- Danita Zanr� Novell Support Connection Sysop Planning a GW6.5 Upgrade? You need the GroupWise 6.5 Upgrade Guide http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html You didn't patch it correctly then. Definitely. Copy ...

Web resources about - GroupWise 5.2 migration #2 - novell.groupwise.discontinued

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...