Backup the GW PO (i'm a non tech)

Is there a way to backup just the GW55 files (database)?  How about
GW60?
If so how?  And, would it be a simple copy back to a server to restore
the
files.

Thanks.

0
Russ
9/26/2003 6:42:01 PM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Look up the GWBACK utilities.

For 6.0, GWTSA works with most backup software.

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's
unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

"Russ DeMarco" <rdemarco@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to backup just the GW55 files (database)?  How about
GW60?
> If so how?  And, would it be a simple copy back to a server to
restore the
> files.
>
> Thanks.

0
Michael
9/26/2003 7:01:43 PM
Michael Bell wrote:

> For 6.0, GWTSA works with *most* backup software.

Huh?

--
Barry Merchant
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Barry
9/26/2003 7:44:53 PM
> Michael Bell wrote:
>
> > For 6.0, GWTSA works with most backup software.
> >
> Huh?

What Michael was saying is GroupWise 6.0 comes with an open file agent

called GWTSA (GroupWise Target Service Agent).  Most newer backup
software packages will access this agent.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

0
Timothy
9/27/2003 1:06:42 AM
I know what he's saying, it's the most I was suggesting might be a bit

of an exageration.

--
Barry Merchant
NSC Volunteer SysOp
*** no email unless requested please!! ***

0
Barry

Incorrect syntax near 'm'. An expression of non-boolean type specified in a context where a condition is expected, near 'type'
This is nutty.  I never got this error on my local machine.  The only lower case m in the sql is by near the variable Ratingsum like in line 59.  [SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near 'm'.An expression of non-boolean type specified in a context where a condition is expected, near 'type'.]   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +925466   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +800118   System.Data.SqlCli...

test M.I, m,I, M-1, M'I, M`I and M I
testing with change to news/news/xxx.dat only ...

Sometimes I'm bad, sometimes I'm awful. Today I'm Good
There was once this second-rate orchestra led by a second-rate director. In the orchestra was this guy on the cymbals who never banged them at the right time. So the conductor said, "If you don't get it right this time I'll kill you." When the time came for the percussionist to get it right, he didn't. And so the director pulled out a gun and shot him dead. Of course, the police came and arrested him and eventually the conductor ended up on death row. The day came when he was sent to the electric chair. As the crowd watched, the executionist flipped the ...

here's a tech question for non-tech
I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run as a service? Would that require separating the user interface from the app? Thanks, Bill William Meyer wrote on 4/22/2010 : > I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping > someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather > complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run > as a service?...

GW PO Backup
I have been having issues when backing up the GW 6.5 Post Office on NW 6 SP3. It seems that I can not backup the whole volume on one tape even though the tape should be able to hold it. After backing up the PO it will reach a point where it states that the tape is full and insert another tape to continue. The server is a Proliant ML350 G4 that has two DAT 20/40 tape drives both on the same SCSI. One tape drive is a few years older than the other (COMPAQ & HP). I use one tape drive to backup the PO (on it's own vol) and the other to backup the rest of the server with Verita...

I'm 20... and I'm cool.
Name: CJ Manning Email: Dragonmanning78_at_aol.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: I'm 20... and I'm cool. Comments: So far it works great... but it takes ALOT of processor power it would seem. Also... just keep it running great... less failures please. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

I'm not sure I'm buying this
http://it.slashdot.org/story/13/11/01/0120220/airgap-jumping-malware-may-use-ultrasonic-networking-to-communicate "Dan Goodwin writes at Ars Technica about a rootkit that seems straight out of a science-fiction thriller. According to security consultant Dragos Ruiu one day his MacBook Air, on which he had just installed a fresh copy of OS X, spontaneously updated the firmware that helps it boot. Stranger still, when Ruiu then tried to boot the machine off a CD ROM, it refused and he also found that the machine could delete data and undo configuration changes with no promp...

I'm lazy, or is it that I'm too busy?
Does anyone have any good materials to pass out to (L)users explaining the use of iFolder? My parent company wants me to write some stuff out on how to use iFolder. Tim Wohlford, CNE Tim Wohlford, > My parent company wants me to write some stuff out on how > to use iFolder. 1. Save your files here -> ;) - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195 I normally can write this type of doc...

I'm a jerk, but I'm RICH.
Don't Waste My Time..... Lets get something straight. I am a jerk. I am obnoxious. I am lazy. And I don�t care, because I am FILTHY RICH. I am much too important to even be sitting here writing this right now. So I'll keep it short. I make several million dollars every year on the internet, doing almost nothing. Do you make that much money? Didn't think so. I�m the real deal. Whether you like it or not, you want to be rich like me, otherwise you wouldn't be here. And since you are here, I'm sure you already know that there are thousands of "get rich quick" pro...

I'm senile, I'm certain.
I'll be damned if I can remember where to change the AddressBook name display from first-name-first to last-name-first in TB 1.0.7! Can someone please remind me? Thanks. JLOB John O'Boyle wrote: > I'll be damned if I can remember where to change the AddressBook name > display from first-name-first to last-name-first in TB 1.0.7! Can > someone please remind me? In Address book - View > Show Name As Regards, Bob -- Remove "x" from address to reply by email Bob Henson wrote: > > John O'Boyle wrote: > >&...

perl -M'CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser)' -M'File::Temp qw(tempfile)' -e 1
oche82: perl -M'File::Temp qw(tempfile)' -M'CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser)' -e 1 oche82: perl -M'CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser)' -M'File::Temp qw(tempfile)' -e 1 Content-type: text/html <H1>Software error:</H1> <CODE>Goto undefined subroutine &amp;AutoLoader::AUTOLOAD at /opt/local/perl-5.6.0/lib/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/Fcntl.pm line 208. </CODE> <P> For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. Content-type: text/html <H1>Software error:&...

GroupWise
IDM 3.5.1 - GroupWise Driver I am trying to write a simple rule to add a user to a distribution list _as_a_'BC'_participation_member....not_'To'_. It is sited in the documentation on how to do it, but I can't get it to fully work. It does add the user as a member of the distribution list, but it adds them as a 'To', not a 'Bc'. No error message received, but Trace level 3 post will follow. Rule is below....Can anyone help? Thanks, Jordan <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><policy xmlns:gw="http://www.nove...

How to bind/unbind 'F & p s for M N' and 'C for M N' by protocol in Win XP Pro?
Am trying to get Win 98 and Win 98SE machines to see Win XP Pro machines and vice versa. Have studied Steve Winograd's Windows XP Network Troubleshooting article at: http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/ right through the section titled 'Missteps' - most excellent resource there, except for the blanket acceptance of SOHO networking with TCP/IP and NetBIOS enabled over TCP/IP. If I may be permitted to go off half-cocked, I believe my difficulty lies in my insistance on keeping 'File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks' and 'Client for ...

Web resources about - Backup the GW PO (i'm a non tech) - novell.groupwise.discontinued