Move Linux GW7 to new Linux Server

Hello:

I have a Linux GroupWise 7.0.2 system that I need to move to new server
hardware. The current server is SLES 10 (non SP1). The new server is SLES
10 SP1. How would I go about doing that? Can I just:

1. Install eDirectory on the new server and add it to the tree.
2. Install GroupWise 7.0.2 on the new system.
3. Copy the GroupWise domain and post office directories from the old
system to the new system (would be in the same location).
4. Change the eDir objects to point to the new IP address.
5. Start the MTA/GWIA on the new server.

Or, is there something else that I would have to do? Thanks.

0
nospam
10/25/2007 8:03:20 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.install 6353 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Reg wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have a Linux GroupWise 7.0.2 system that I need to move to new
> server hardware. The current server is SLES 10 (non SP1). The new
> server is SLES 10 SP1. How would I go about doing that? Can I just:
>
> 1. Install eDirectory on the new server and add it to the tree.
> 2. Install GroupWise 7.0.2 on the new system.
> 3. Copy the GroupWise domain and post office directories from the old
> system to the new system (would be in the same location).  4. Change
> the eDir objects to point to the new IP address.  5. Start the
> MTA/GWIA on the new server.

Nearly right.

Change the IP addresses and UNC paths before you shutdown your agents.
Then copy and bring them back up.

--
Cheers,
Edward