Migration and re-migration

We are currently running GW 7.0.1 on NW 6.5 and want to migrate it to
Linux. However, we want to finish up with the GW system running on the same
piece of hardware. It looks to me like the best thing to do is to use the
Consolidation and Server Migration Utility to migrate GW to a "new" NW 6.5
server, then install OES Linux on the original hardware and use the GW
Server Migration Utility to migrate GW to Linux.

Is this the best way to do it or have I been out in the sun too long?
(Couldn't have; there's not enough sunshine in Washington to bother anybody.)

Richard White
Network Engineer
Mason County, Washington
0
richarw
1/29/2007 6:00:29 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.install 6353 articles. 0 followers. Follow

richarw@co.mason.wa.us wrote:

> We are currently running GW 7.0.1 on NW 6.5 and want to migrate it to
> Linux. However, we want to finish up with the GW system running on
> the same piece of hardware. It looks to me like the best thing to do
> is to use the Consolidation and Server Migration Utility to migrate
> GW to a "new" NW 6.5 server, then install OES Linux on the original
> hardware and use the GW Server Migration Utility to migrate GW to
> Linux.
>
> Is this the best way to do it or have I been out in the sun too long?

Its ok to do it this way.

--
Cheers,
Edward

To migrate or not to migrate...
I am currently working on a project that is written in PHP...  Very poorly.  I have to do a complete re-write.  I can code in either language, so I am trying to determine if I should convert to .Net or not. Is one really any more scalable than the other?  Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the interpreted code? Is there a list of large, high-volume, commercial web sites (other than MS, of course) that run on .NET? Thanks. J  >Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the inte...

Install API Gateway for GroupWise migration
Hello, what i must do to install an API-Gateway on a GroupWise 6.5 server ??? Background, i must migrate the GW 6.5 to an Exchange 2003 server. Thanks Try TID 2966286 >>> frank<frank2377@gmx.de> 5/3/2005 11:46 AM >>> Hello, what i must do to install an API-Gateway on a GroupWise 6.5 server ??? Background, i must migrate the GW 6.5 to an Exchange 2003 server. Thanks And what i must do when no API-Gateway exist, i cant find the specified folder.... directory, how it specify in the TID, sorry but iam an Novell beginner. "Ted Ku...

Install Post 6.5 sp3 Patches to Pre-migration server Before Migration
Hi all, I am doing an across the wire migration to new hardware. The older server is running NetWare 6.5 sp3 (+nw65os3a, n65nss3a, nici267, tcp659j). The new server is running a pre-migration install of NetWare 6.5 sp3 (with no extra patches). Can I install these four post sp3 patches on the pre-migration server so both servers are exactly the same? Is there any harm in doing this? Brian -- Brian T. Payne BS, CNA 5, Net+ Mount Vernon Nazarene University Mount Vernon, OH 43050 email: bpayne@mvnu.edu On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:37:18 GMT, "Brian Payne" <bpay...

re-install retired / migrated server into three
Migrated an old server - HP DL380 G4 w/NW65 SP7 - to new hardware (HP DL380 G5) this summer using the migration utility. Now, I would like to re-install / re-insert this server back into the tree for imaging/storage purposes. I thought the migration process removed DS from the server. If I try to remove DS using nwconfig, I get a -667 error. DSRepair shows the server still holds replicas. I can't remove them with the -xk2 option. I have renamed the server in autoexec.ncf and reset timesync options (old server was primary time source). I can start over with a clean inst...

Migration Installation
Hi all! I wish to extract a full system tar image over an installed minimal image but retain network and device settings. Having just done it, the destination server booted up and ran all the services ok, but I have overwritten some stuff which is messing up my network information (NIC, IP address, Hostname etc.) and some of my device stuff (like my CD drive which no longer appears in /dev). I'm going to have another go in the morning and wondered which folders I should exclude from my tar extract to carry these parts of the minimal system over? So far I am excluding ...

Migration with Groupwise
I asked about this in a previous thread, but had some questions about the best procedure to follow with this. On the destination server will I have to reinstall groupwise after the migration, and if so, can I have groupwise installed ahead of time. Also when building the destination server it is easier to set everything up ahead, ex. apache, tomcat for the gwise web service. Looking for some specific steps to follow with this so I don't run into any surprises. Thanks for the help. , > I asked about this in a previous thread, but had some questions about the >...

re: migration
Stephanie, Did you already successfully migrate to PB7 or are you getting this error prior to PFC migration but during the PB migration? I presume its a PB migration error. Its possible its due to the private structure. To know for sure you need to take a look at the object which is getting the illegal data type error. Which object is it? Regards, John Olson Team Sybase ---- all communications via the news group please --- ------------------- Hi ! I have just read your message about Pb migration problems. I thinf you can help me : I must change PFC 5.0.0 by PFC 7.0....

Groupwise migration
Hello World! We currently have one OES Linux server running GW7. I am installing a new server and would like to be able to move the edirectory and gw to it and remove the old. Is there any plave the may have good how to? The new server is installed and i joined it to the tree, but i am having dificulties getting the groupwise moved over? Please help Thanks! Daniel Daniel Kuecker wrote: > The new > server is installed and i joined it to the tree, but i am having > dificulties getting the groupwise moved over? Please help "Moving" groupwise shoul...

Migrating without Migration Wizard
Can anyone provide some tips or a links to procedures for Migrating to a new server (5.1sp6 -> 5.1sp6 on new hardware) as smoothly as possible. I've never performed a migration without the assistance of the wizard and I'm required to do it in this case. Thanks. O Johnson, > Can anyone provide some tips or a links to procedures for Migrating to a > new server (5.1sp6 -> 5.1sp6 on new hardware) as smoothly as possible. > I've never performed a migration without the assistance of the wizard > and I'm required to do it in this case. > Use Po...

GroupWise Migration
I'm about to an across-the-wire migration of our GW6 box (NW411sp9 to NW6sp3). In the past when I have one these I have had to reinstall GW as it lived on the SYS: volume. However this site has installed GW on another volume (the only other one in fact) so I am assuming I will not have to reinstall? Everything GW related bar a couple of NCF file lives on this other volume. Is there anything to watch out for, will I have to do any reinstallations ? Thanks Dean Dean Nicholls wrote: > > I'm about to an across-the-wire migration of our GW6 box (NW411...

Migrating GroupWise
I know GW 5.5 is not supported anymore, but I have a client that is migrating his NW 6 to new hardware. He has GW5.5 and wants to migrate this to the new hardware and then when that is complete he will work on a plan to upgrade to GW 6. I have done the migration of GW 6 to new hardware and just did a new or upgrade with the CD once the data was migrated. Is this true with GW 5.5. Just migrate all the data and then use the GW CD and do an upgrade and point it to the current domain and PO databases? This is a 2 step process. The data copy is first. I do suggest you install the...

Migrating from Groupwise Netware to Groupwise Windows?
Hello All: I have a Groupwise 5.5 system on Netware 5.1SP8, I wish to migrate my Groupwise 5.5 system to Groupwise 7.0 on a Microsoft Windows 2003 system. Is there a how to for this type of migration. Thanks for time. Thierry www.caledonia.net Have a look at the GroupWise 7.0 upgrade guide. On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:46:23 GMT, thierry.sempey@bell.ca wrote: >Hello All: > >I have a Groupwise 5.5 system on Netware 5.1SP8, I wish to migrate my >Groupwise 5.5 system to Groupwise 7.0 on a Microsoft Windows 2003 system. >Is there a how to for this type of mig...

GroupWise Migration
What is the best practice to migrate GroupWise 7 from Dell PowerEdge to SAN volume? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated! Same or different server? Are you keeping the same IP for the server? Are you moving into clustering? -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop Timothy Leerhoff wrote: > Same or different server? > Are you keeping the same IP for the server? > Are you moving into clustering? > We want to keep the same ip and name of GroupWise server once we have it migrate into SAN volume. In other words, once it migrates into SAN volume, ...

Migrate Groupwise users to another Groupwise system
Hi, I'm migrating to Groupwise 7 and need to move the users who were on a 'live test' system to the new system. I have (6GB total) 15 GW7.02 mailboxes (SLES 10 server) that I need to move to the new GW7.02 system. Is it possible to tweak a cached mailbox so that the FID and postoffice details match the new system? What other methods could I use? I so far have two methods both of which have issues. Method 1. Archive everything form the windows client -I can only find a way to do this folder by folder. no time for that - I'm talking thousands of folders. -On...

Web resources about - Migration and re-migration - novell.groupwise.7x.install