Database size Vs offiles folder size

I made a gwcheck to check the user databases and if I add all user databases
size, it gives me 130GB.
But, only in offiles folder, there are more than 200GB.
Does it mean that there are files with no owner?
How can I maintain that? We need more free space on that volume, actually it
has less than 15% of free space.

Thankyou!

FM

0
Fabio
6/10/2010 4:33:07 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.install 6353 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Fabio,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
6/15/2010 6:19:11 PM
Fabio Martins;1985975 Wrote:
> I made a gwcheck to check the user databases and if I add all user
> databases
> size, it gives me 130GB.
> But, only in offiles folder, there are more than 200GB.
> Does it mean that there are files with no owner?
> How can I maintain that? We need more free space on that volume,
> actually it
> has less than 15% of free space.
>
> Thankyou!
>
> FM
Do you run regular/scheduled maintenance on you PO's?

As a first: from ConsoleOne's PO maintenance, run an Analyse/fix with
options   structure/index & fix selected (no content checks!)

When that's done, rerun the Analyse/fix with only content & fix
selected (no structure/index checks)

Then check the sizes again....

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (voluntary sysop)

It ain't anything like Harry Potter.. but you gotta love the magic IT
can bring to this world.
magic31's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2303
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=412934

0
magic31
6/15/2010 7:36:02 PM
Thankyou for ansering. Sorry by my late.

We do:

Daily on 7pm: Analyse/Fix Database  | Structure/Index | Fix Problems | user,
msg and doc Databases

Saturday on 7am: Analyse/Fix Satabase | Contents/Collect Statistics | Fix
Problems/Update user disk space | user, msg Databases

Any other scheduled task is sugested?

Thankyou again.

FM

"magic31" <magic31@no-mx.forums.novell.com> escreveu na mensagem

> Fabio Martins;1985975 Wrote:
>> I made a gwcheck to check the user databases and if I add all user
>> databases
>> size, it gives me 130GB.
>> But, only in offiles folder, there are more than 200GB.
>> Does it mean that there are files with no owner?
>> How can I maintain that? We need more free space on that volume,
>> actually it
>> has less than 15% of free space.
>>
>> Thankyou!
>>
>> FM
> Do you run regular/scheduled maintenance on you PO's?
>
> As a first: from ConsoleOne's PO maintenance, run an Analyse/fix with
> options   structure/index & fix selected (no content checks!)
>
> When that's done, rerun the Analyse/fix with only content & fix
> selected (no structure/index checks)
>
> Then check the sizes again....
>

> --
> Novell Knowledge Partner (voluntary sysop)
>
> It ain't anything like Harry Potter.. but you gotta love the magic IT
> can bring to this world.
> magic31's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2303
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=412934

0
Fabio
7/23/2010 8:13:13 PM
Fabio Martins wrote:

> Thankyou for ansering. Sorry by my late.
>
> We do:
>
> Daily on 7pm: Analyse/Fix Database  | Structure/Index | Fix Problems
> | user, msg and doc Databases
>
> Saturday on 7am: Analyse/Fix Satabase | Contents/Collect Statistics |
> Fix Problems/Update user disk space | user, msg Databases
>
> Any other scheduled task is sugested?

by the sounds of it you have a lots of orphaned files within your
offiles. You could run the gwcheck forceclean option but I would make
sure I have a good backup before running that option.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Thankyou in advance.

FM

"Edward van der Maas" <edmaa@no-mx.forums.novell.com> escreveu na mensagem
> Fabio Martins wrote:
>
>> Thankyou for ansering. Sorry by my late.
>>
>> We do:
>>
>> Daily on 7pm: Analyse/Fix Database  | Structure/Index | Fix Problems
>> | user, msg and doc Databases
>>
>> Saturday on 7am: Analyse/Fix Satabase | Contents/Collect Statistics |
>> Fix Problems/Update user disk space | user, msg Databases
>>
>> Any other scheduled task is sugested?
>
> by the sounds of it you have a lots of orphaned files within your
> offiles. You could run the gwcheck forceclean option but I would make
> sure I have a good backup before running that option.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Edward

0
Fabio
8/18/2010 1:09:33 PM
Fabio Martins wrote:

> Just run gwcheck with forceclean miscelaneus option?

yep, but make sure you have a good backup. I've never used the option
myself but other people always recommended to make sure you have a good
backup in case it cleans it a bit too good.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Cache page size vs database cache size
Hello everyone...I was wondering about the implications of attaching databases with different page sizes to the same ASA 7 server and came up with the following scenario: Given 1 server and a mixture of 2k and 4K databases - the server cache page size is at least 4K. Which scenario is better: 1) Don't worry about it even though there will be a mismatch between database page sizes and the cache page size or 2) Change the page size of the databases that use 2K , to 4K (which isn't their optimal page size) so that they match the page size of the server cache Any tho...

About translate the data from big size database to small size database! thanks.
Hi: My server is Sybase 11.5 for NT4(called 'a machine'),because something reasons,i create a new database on other machine(called 'b machine'), and made the size different with 'a machine'.then load the .DMP file from 'a machine' into 'b machine'. now , i want to decrease 'b machine' database(device) size. how can i do? or how do migrate the data tables into a different size, some tables use identity data type! Another question is : How can i make a dual server, except mirror. thanks ...

Page Size VS Cache Size
Upon installting our app, the end user is provided an empty database. Upon investigating complaints of poor performance (probabaly really related to PC specs), I noticed that our empty (startup) database is created with a 4096 page size, and that the database engine starts with a 2048 cache size. I read somewhere that the DB engines cache size should be at least as big as the DB's page size. Should I increase the DB engine's cache size to 4096 or decrease the DB's page size to 2048?? Chris, 4096 is a perfectly good page size... I'd leave that alone, and bump up...

Table Size vs Index Size
I have a database that some of the tables have indexes almost 20 times larger that the size of the data. One in particular has 1.5 mb for the data and 23.11 mb for the indexes. How is this determined. Is this common? My other databases have small indexes and large data. Thanks Connie Felt wrote: > > I have a database that some of the tables have indexes almost 20 times > larger that the size of the data. One in particular has 1.5 mb for the > data and 23.11 mb for the indexes. How is this determined. Is this > common? My other databases have small indexes...

Pool size vs Volume Size
With two 72Gb hard drive in a RAID 1 hardware configuration. I am going to make two volumes of equal size 35Gb each. Should I create two pools or just one? One of the volumes will be used to hold data from CD's for network access and programs configured for network installs. The other volume will be all data. If you definitely want to limit each one to exactly 35gb and are certain they will never change, then yes, do two pools. If you want to have some flexibility, make one pool and allow each volume to grow to the size of pool on demand. -- Andrew C Taubman No...

Image size vs HDD Size
--____KFLPXKTVRFHNMVOZNNBE____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 18 Dec 2006 04:36:28 -0600" I originally created my image on a 40 GB drive but with Hard Drives = growing we are now getting bigger drives. So when I image PC's with the = bigger drives with my base image it only shows 40 GB available. Is there a = way I can image to the full disk? I'm sure I've seen this before somewhere but can't seem to find it.=20 Thanks --____KFLPXKTVRFHN...

Database Size Estimation same as actual data size?
Hi, I want to estimate the size of a database from the table structure and the estimated data volume. Example : A table has a structure as shown below : CWLL_MAIN ( ID int, MO char(15), Ctr1 int, Ctr2 int, ... Ctr100 int ) go Create clustered index idx1 on CWLL_MAIN(ID, MO) go The Total size per row = 4+15+100*4 = 419 Bytes. Estimated Rows in table= 1000000 Can we say that the table size = 1000000*419 bytes ? Does sybase stores the data in compressed format or directly stores ? Thanks in Advance Regards Vasanth Vasanth wrote: > ...

Embedded image size vs attachment size
Hello, Excuse my ignorance on the specific details of embedding images, however I am curious as to the reasoning behind the following scenario in the Groupwise 8 client. I created a .png image file that is ~350kb and saved it locally to my machine. I sent this image as an attachment to my gmail account and the reported size was approximately 350kb, as expected. When I use the "Insert Picture" from the Groupwise client to embed this image directly into the email, the reported size becomes ~850kb, almost 3 times the original size. Finally, if I open the image file...

Sharepoint Max size limits (database size)
Hi, The call to create a sharepoint site takes a uint, which limits the max sharepoint size to about 3300MB (so nothing larger then 3.3gig). This is a major problem for us, and i was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround.  Eric...

Samba
Hye, I am using OpenSuse 11.1. I installed samba and the version is 3.2.7-11.3.2. My samba setup was successful. I can view my share folder in another Windows XP computer which is in the same network. Now i want to limit the size for shared folder. For example:- limiting a user to access only 20mb size for a shared folder. I tried modifying the fstab in /etc using quota command. But when i restart, repair filesystem appeared. So i used command to copy back the original fstab file.Maybe the method i used was wrong. Can u plz guide me the proper way? I just want to limit...

Server page size vs. ULC size or logiosize
If one uses, say, an 8K server size then I can't think of any direct implications of configuring a larger ULC or log IO size. Perhaps the pool sizes, excepting the necessary 2K pools require for bootup, etc, should be at least the size of the data pages? Any thoughts? I'm not sure I follow. For an 8k server, the smallest pool size is 8K. There are no 2K pools for 8K page size server. Pool sizes for an 8K server are, 8K, 16K, 32K, and 64K. The advantages (and disadvantages) of configuring large io for an 8K server are essentially the same as for a 2K page server. ...

DB Page Size VS Engine Cache Size
Upon installting our app, the end user is provided an empty database. Upon investigating complaints of poor performance (probabaly really related to PC specs), I noticed that our empty (startup) database is created with a 4096 page size, and that the database engine starts with a 2048 cache size. I read somewhere that the DB engines cache size should be at least as big as the DB's page size. Should I increase the DB engine's cache size to 4096 or decrease the DB's page size to 2048?? ....answered in the .Database forum. Please don't crosspost. Paul Hora...

NSS Partition size during install only allowing 2 gig size
I am replacing an old Netware 6.0 server with a new Dell server that has 1.4 TB of storage, using a Perc 5/i SAS controller. During the install when it's time to configure the NSS partition, it shows the full 1.4 TB of unallocated space and defaults to 2 GB for the partition and SYS volume. If i change the number any higher, it jumps back to 0 (zero) for the size. I've tried as little as 10GB, and the same thing happens. I'm assuming i have the correct driver for the SAS RAID controller, since it is loading and showing the correct space available. Any help wo...

Groupwise 6.5 database size
Is there a way I can check and see how large the Groupwise database is........I'm unsure on how to do this. -- michealmyers michealmyers wrote: > Is there a way I can check and see how large the Groupwise database > is........I'm unsure on how to do this. > > DIR? :) Or Mailbox Statistics in GWCHECK. well I mean like the entire database....not an individual account. -- michealmyers If you do a search on the PO (or properties on the PO's directory) you will see the size on disk. This is not the amount of mail in the system though, as...

Web resources about - Database size Vs offiles folder size - novell.groupwise.7x.install

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

Animal Venom Database Could Be Boon To Drug Development
A new public database that catalogs animal toxins could spur the development of new drugs made with compounds found in animal venom.