Notify not Notifying

One of my users sends emails out, but they are not picked up by notify.
They show up as normal in another users inbox, but they do not show up in
Notify and therefore do not pop up on the screen.

Any ideas what may be causing this? We are running GW 7.0.1 clients on
Windows XP Professional.

Thanks!
0
gmarks
4/5/2007 6:27:01 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Menu Tools/Options/Send

In the "Send Options" tab, there's a checkbox saying:
"notify recipents"

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0
Tommy

Groupwise Notify do not notify a calendar entry
Hello, where I have to look for an issue about the Groupwise Notify, because one user do not receive a notification (pop up dialog) for entries in calendars. Where I can take look for it? Thanks Daniel Daniel, Have you checked that his notify's settings are checking his calendar? (right click notify, settings...etc.) Kelvin Dam > Hello, > > where I have to look for an issue about the Groupwise Notify, because one > user do not receive a notification (pop up dialog) for entries in > calendars. > > Where I can take look for it? > ...

Notify only sometimes notifies
Hello! As I have a flatrate now I thought it would be a good thing to put Groupwise Notify in the Autostart folder. The problem I have is the folowing: Notify starts when Windows starts as I wanted this - when I get a new message Notify tells me about that - but when I get another message a few minutes later Notify does not recognize this anymore. I have installed the Groupwise Client 6.5.4. Does anyone know how to solve my problem? Martin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automate...

Notify not Notifying on appointments
We have an employee who started experiencing problems with Notify in the last few days - prior to this it was working as expected. She will receive notification on all e-mails, but it never notifies on appointments. When you look at actions on an appointment, "alarm" is checked. What we are running: GroupWise 6.5 SP1 + Notify What we have tried: Reset notify options (in notify) Reinstalled client (From Novell provided AOT) Reinstalled client (From setup.exe) Ran GroupWise account maintenance Had employee try on a different computer Renamed profile and tried on same com...

open groupwise client through Notify
Dear All, I meet a problem at groupwise client. When I use the notify to read the mail, it always ask me password. How to fix and solve this problem???? TT To TT What version of GW ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS]}} Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ the version of GW is 5.2 KCC with SP6 Dave Parkes wrote: > To TT > > What version of GW ? > > Cheers Dave > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS]}} > Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ To TT I can't even re...

groupwise notify
groupwise 6.5 sp3 groupwise notify works fine if users are in same post office When trying to add notify in security options , notify we receive a Error 8101 "user not found" User not in same post office.. Same domain.. Proxy configurations enable and working fine. Notify for proxy user not working Jrodriguez1808, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of ...

Groupwise Notify
I normally use Groupwise 6 as my email client as its provided for me by my university, but im working on a machine on which i cant install the client. I can access my email via the web interface, but it would be really handy to have notification of emails arriving. Is there a way to install only the handy Groupwise Notify program, or some other way of being notified of emails arriving? Thanks in advance Notify needs to connect to the post ofice agent, and needs most of the ..dlls of the full client install. Maybe a POP3 checker would work, there are a few of those around ? C...

Notify not Notifying for one user
I have a user. He has Notify Running and can see the notification list, but a dialog box never pops up. No matter what I change in the option. Does anyone know how to fix this. According to the user, this came over from 7.x. Cheers, John John Jakus wrote: > I have a user. He has Notify Running and can see the notification list, > but a dialog box never pops up. No matter what I change in the option. > Does anyone know how to fix this. According to the user, this came over > from 7.x. Does he hear a beep or anything? I'm thinking that maybe the notificati...

Notify stops notifying on WinXP
GW 5.5.5 client 4.9 NW client on windows XP Pro. At some point during the day notify stops notifying with the pop up window. If you run GW client, several new messages may be there. Once you run GW, notify may start working again. Any Ideas? Maybe a 4.9 issue? Thanks, Tom Well you could try removing the client entirely (GW doesn't need it) and see if it changes things. Some people get on with GW555 and XP others don't. You're on your own really here:-( -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless requested please!! *** ...

Groupwise Notify
--____BIGWJIADWHNCCZKDKSOT____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 12 Oct 2006 01:21:15 -0700" Hello.. I am getting ready to deploy the GW 7.0.1 client to workstations. My users = like notify in their startups so they copy the shortcut of notify.exe into = their startup folder. I am creating a custom install by using the = setup.cfg file to call what should be installed. If I put install Notify = in startup does that mean it will put the actual notify.exe in st...

GroupWise Notify
I have users with XP machines that are having problems with the GroupWise Notify Startup Splash screen. What happens is it will pop up when Notify is opened, and the screen will stay there. Notify will finish loading but the title screen stays on the desktop. The only way I've found around it is to close Notify and re-open it. Anyone have a permanent fix? Brodie <brodie@timeomatic.com> wrote: >I have users with XP machines that are having problems with the >GroupWise Notify Startup Splash screen. What happens is it will pop >up when Notify is opened,...

client notify
I set up so I am notified when another account gets mail. If I send a mail to the other account, I will not notify my. If I close notify, and start it back up, it shows the email there. It will not pop the email up to the screen and notify me. Any ideas? GW 6.5 sp3 Chris I did finally get a notify of the email, but it took between 5-10 minutes. Is there any way to make this quicker? Thanks, Chris <cbyrd@mc.edu> wrote in message news:11mre.1406$VN4.756@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I set up so I am notified when another account gets mail. If I sen...

* Notify does NOT notify! Help Please! *
We have a Groupwise 5 user where the notify never pops up or show the letter over the icon. We have run Fix Analyze, and have inspected the user's setting but nothing obvious. Anyone have this issue and or know of a fix? George Tools/options - subscribed to notify? Right click on notify icons, options are? Works on another workstation, same user? -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee...

Groupwise / Groupwise Notify
Our office recently upgraded our comuptuers from GW-6 to GW-7. It used to be in GW-6, we would 'login' to groupwise notifier upon system startup, which would allow us to open and exit groupwise throughout the day without logging in with a password again (the notifier would continue to run on the taskbar). With the upgrade something got changed, and now it seems that when we exit groupwise, it automatically closes out Notifier, forcing us to login with a password each time. Anyone know how to fix this / make it work like it was before in GW-6? Thanks! dmyer@mbake...

Notify
--____HXTOLBVSDHORAKHZVAWH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user that's having a problem with GroupWise Notify notifying her = after the time of the appointment. Last week she said she was notified = one hour after the start time of the appointment. Today she said she was = notified 5 minutes after the start time of the appoointment. I checked = the time on her PC and her timezone and both were correct. Has anyone every come accross this issue and know of a cause/fix? Thanks. Mike --____HXTOLBVSDHORA...

Web resources about - Notify not Notifying - novell.groupwise.7x.clients

Notifying DNSChanger Victims - Facebook
Facebook Security hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Notifying DNSChanger Victims geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Airline still notifying victims' relatives
It's thought the majority of the 144 passengers who died when an Airbus A320 crashed in the French Alps were German and Spanish citizens.

SnapHack app lets users save Snapchat photos without notifying sender
Want to save Snapchat pictures and videos without the sender finding out? There's an app for that.

Man Charged For Allegedly Not Notifying Partner Of HIV Status
A Columbus man is accused of not telling his former partner that he is HIV positive. Get the story.

Google begins notifying users of $19 million settlement with FTC over in-app purchases
Google has started notifying users of its Play Store about a $19 million settlement it reached with the FTC in September. The company is being ...

Apple begins notifying lottery winners of WWDC 2015 tickets
... , wwdc ticket Visit 9to5Mac to find more special coverage of AAPL Company , Apple , and WWDC . What do you think? Discuss "Apple begins notifying ...

Facebook introduces new Safety Check tool for notifying friends in times of disaster
Facebook has just announced a new tool that lets you say youre OK and check on others safety when major disasters strike.

Toyota, Lexus expanding Takata airbag recall, re-notifying customers
Filed under: Recalls , Safety , Lexus , Toyota Toyota is re-notifying owners and expanding its Takata airbag inflator recall for some regions. ...

- Rosenblum will propose law on notifying people when their information has been hacked
SALEM — Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum told lawmakers on Wednesday the state’s privacy laws need to be updated to keep up with cyberthreats ...

Pinterest Makes Itself Useful By Notifying Users When Pinned Items Go On Sale
But when does mac & cheese go on sale? Pinterest has long been the domain of overgrown sorority girls, bored Southern belles, and Your Annoying ...