How can I download/save emails text (using .NET)?

I'm trying to programmatically (in VB.Net) download emails and parse
through them.  The message body is really all that I'm after (and the
date sent).  So far I can detect new messages but not get at them.

Thanks...

--
sl8rz

sl8rz
4/17/2008 7:46:01 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check the "GroupWise Object API" SDK - you'll find it on
developer.novell.com.

Wolfgang

"sl8rz" <sl8rz@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to programmatically (in VB.Net) download emails and parse
> through them.  The message body is really all that I'm after (and the
> date sent).  So far I can detect new messages but not get at them.
>
> Thanks...
>

> --
> sl8rz
> sl8rz's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14695
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=324685

0
Wolfgang

Download text file onto client using ASP.NET
Hi All, I am trying to download a text file around 2KB from the server onto the client using ASP.NET The downloaded file is incomplete 500bytes only The code is as below: Response.ContentType = "text/plain"; // Set the file content type to text Response.Clear(); Response.Buffer = true; Response.Charset = ""; // Remove the charset from the Content-Type header. this.EnableViewState = false; //Turn off the view state. Response.AppendHeader( "Content-Disposition","attachment; filename=FileName.txt" ); Response.AppendHeader( ...

How can I save a string as text file to client using TransmitFile method?
How can I save a string as text file to client using TransmitFile method?I have a string, I hope to save the string as text file to client using TransmitFile method.You know that TransmitFil method only accept Filename parameter, do I have to save the string as text file in server first than use TransmitFile method? Many thanks!HttpResponse.TransmitFile Method public void TransmitFile ( string filename)SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator yes, you have to save the text as temp file firste.g. &...

When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly?
When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly? A user want to upload a text file from client PC to server (normally it is Windows 2003), but I'm not sure which OS it is in client, maybe it is a english version Windows or chinese Windows (default encoding is GB2312).so the encoding of text file in client maybe is ASCII or GB2312.I think that "StreamReader myRead= new StreamReader(FileUpload1.PostedFile.InputStream,Encoding.Default) will be run in server,so "Encoding.Default" will be the default encodin...

you can download asp.net 1.1 but can you download asp.net 2?
hi   where can i download asp.net 2.0 without web developer express?   on a side note, does it come with VS-2K5?   if it does then i wont bother downloading itpwpaust ASP.NET should come with all versions of Visual Studio 2005. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/compare/ You can install ASP.NET by using the aspnet_regiis tool with the -i option. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h.aspxDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! thank you.pwpaust pwpaust: where can i download asp.net 2.0 ...

I need a free email client that saves email as text files
Hello everyone, I need to parse incoming emails (user action not required). I have done this easily in Unix but am having trouble with Windows 2000. Does anyone know of a free email client that saves each email as its own file? Or is there a way to do this using the SMTP service in Win2k? Thank you in advance for your help. Kevin Kevin wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I need to parse incoming emails (user action not required). I have done this > easily in Unix but am > having trouble with Windows 2000. > > Does anyone know of a free email clie...

Send e-mail with attachment using default email client using ASP.NET
Hi,                 In my application (web based application) a send link is there. Onclick of that I want to open the default email client on the local machine with a file attached to it and let the user enter the additional details (recipients, etc). The email client will be MS Outlook or Lotus Notes 8 or any other thing.I have tried:- Mailto, but this does not seem to be a very stable solution and not able to attach file to it.- Smtp, but I am not able to open the email client before sendingI hope someone...

Send e-mail with attachment using default email client using ASP.NET #2
Post split off from http://forums.asp.net/t/1350606.aspx.  Hi, how to open default mail client with attachment from web application? Regards, Kate Hi check this link for Sending Email with attachment in ASP.NET using SMTP Server http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SivaEMailSample.aspx you can also try this example to send Email using Gmail Account http://yasserzaid.wordpress.com/2009/04/12/send-email-using-gmail-account/ Hope this helps Good Luck...

Where can I find or download ASP .NET AJAX Client Script files for .NET 3.5 SP1?
Hi,I was using a slightly modified version of the ASP.NET AJAX scripts. This is achieved by using the ScriptPath property of the ScriptManager component. <asp:ScriptManager ID="smScriptManager" runat="server" ScriptPath="~/Scripts"></asp:ScriptManager> My scripts are located in ~\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0\3.5.21022.8.This worked until I upgraded to .NET 3.5 SP1. Now I get an exception that the script files cannot be found. I worked out that the framework tries to locate the script files in the folder 3.5.30729.1 instead of 3.5.21022.8 because tha...

How can you use SQL Full Text Search CONTAINS() with an asp.net 2.0 ObjectDataSource using @Parameters?
How can you use SQL Full Text Search CONTAINS() with an asp.net 2.0 ObjectDataSource using @Parameters? MSDN says something like this, but only works directly using like the Query from SQL Manager: USE TestingDB;GODECLARE @SearchWord NVARCHAR(30)SET @SearchWord = N'performance'SELECT TestTextFROM TestingTableWHERE CONTAINS(TestText, @SearchWord); I tryed to mak something like that work with the DataSet DataAdapter Query Builder for the ObjectDataSource, but you can't use DECLARE or SET. SELECT TestTextFROM TestingTableWHERE CONTAINS(TestText, @SearchWord); But again it say...

Groupwise 8 client saving email
In GW7, when you set the Tools, Options, Environment, File Locations, Save, Check out to a directory, that directory saved when you tried to browse to a subfolder. Now, with GW8,when you set the initial save path in Tools/Options/Environment/File Locations/Save, check out/ the browsing to a subfolder no longer works, when you go to save an email or attachment, it starts out in the root directory you pick, but then when you click on browse, the pathing switched back to "my computer". Any ideas? Jenny, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a respons...

How can i track an email or how can i generate an http call from email client
Dear thanks for replying in advance, You may know to track an email we simply embed an image in our email, when receiptien opens the email, we got an request on server. So by using that request we can track the email, Is its read or not. I think now u will get the senerio. okey. Almost all email client tools are blocked the images from automatically download. So is there any way to track an email or u can say to generate the http call back to server. If u have any other tip then please also tell me thanks.Qaiser Mehmood Mughal.....................Software EngineerNextbridge Pvt. Ltd. L...

can't login from client, but can use ping to and from clients
We need more info. What version of Novell Client ? Were you able to login before ? Is this a new server installation ? Are there other servers in this TREE ? If you replace the server name with its IP address under Novell GUI Login | Advanced | Preferred Server - can you login then ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) > I have had many problems. 1. Replaced power supply 2. Replaced motherboard 3. hard drive 2 of 2 disk mirror failed. can still log in 4. Replaced all ram cannot login from client. Please hel...

How to Send email using System.Net.Mail ,in ASP.NET using c#
Hi dis is suresh,   can any 1 plz tell me, how to send a email using system.net.mail in ASP.Net using c# waiting for ur reply.............. sureshkumar_246: Hi dis is suresh,   can any 1 plz tell me, how to send a email using system.net.mail in ASP.Net using c#  waiting for ur reply.............. you can refer my article http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/Send-Email-using-CSharp.aspxMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets Hi Dear, also finds these links for sending email . http://fo...

Can I use the groupwise client to view an archive?
I have a user who has a groupwise archive saved locally, but no longer has a groupwise server to connect to. He still has a licensed copy of the software, though, so he could easily install the 6.5 client. Is it possible to install this client and use remote mode to view the archive? If so, how would we go about getting the client in remote mode and pointing it to the archive. If not, is there any other solution short of rebuilding a groupwise server? Thanks! -- JesterPoet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JesterPoet wrote: ...

Web resources about - How can I download/save emails text (using .NET)? - novell.groupwise.7x.clients

Don't Download This Song - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Don't Download This Song " is the first single from "Weird Al" Yankovic 's 12th studio album Straight Outta Lynwood . The song was released ...

Facebook Adds To Download Your Information
Facebook increased the amount of information users can access when they download their account histories using the social network’s Download ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

‘Silent updates’ for Android download latest version of Facebook without Google Play
... users to receive app updates without going through the Google Play store. Some Android users are now receiving “silent updates,” which download ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Hey Siri, download Cortana to my iPhone later today, would you?
... , Cortana iPhone , Siri For more news on Apps , Siri , and Cortana continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Hey Siri, download ...