can't open client

We have one user that can't open her GW client.  Every time she logs in,
it immediately says grpwise.exe has caused an error and needs to close,
and then it closes.   It does this no matter what PC we try to login.   We
can access the mailbox thru WebAccess but just not the PC client.   There
is no error that shows on the POA.   I have run gwcheck with analyze/fix
contents and structure, I have run a structural rebuild and I also ran it
to reset the client options.  Nothing has worked to fix it.   We are
running 7.0.2HP1a.
Any suggestions?
Tina

0
tina_buechner
10/1/2007 12:34:54 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tina,

if the user has an archive, rename the archive folder and try again.

Uwe

--
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0
Tommy
10/1/2007 2:00:42 PM
so - just as basic troubleshooting:

- make sure the mailbox is at the top of the folder list
- make sure the archive isn't damaged.
- if all else fails, run a gwcheck with a reset user options.

--=20
Danita Zanre
Support Forums Sysop
www.caledonia.net/blog

0
Danita
10/1/2007 2:13:07 PM
Thank you both for your thoughts.  I knew it wasn't archives because we
keep them on the local C: drives and this person's GW wouldn't open on ANY
PC we tried, even without her archives.   I found a way to get into her
GroupWise on a Metaframe server and changed her mailbox display settings
from "All items" to "custom settings" and that seemed to fix it.  I don't
know what was wrong with the display but we have had similar problems with
the new "Home" display crashing the client.  Also, why doesn't resetting
client defaults change the display settings back to default???
Tina

0
tina_buechner

client install doesn't work and can't uninstall client
Help! I installed Groupwise 6.5 client on a freshly formatted workstation. All seemed to go normal, except when i tried to run Groupwise i get the following... Groupwise is not properly installed. The Groupwise components could not be initialized. Please run groupwise setup, or contact your systme administrator. so i then tried to uninstall the the client and i get this... The log file "C:\windows\system32\delsl2.isu" is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue. so i then tried to just do an install anyway, and i end up...

Groupwise Client as a POP3 client--SMTP doesn't work as a 'send'
Our company was just acquired (never happens these days) by another company that has an exchange server. We're trying to keep our GW for at least the near future and want to just 'POP' and SMTP through the Exchange server. I can receive messages no problem, but can't send. When I send, I get the super-duper descriptive error message, 'Service not Available'. How do I track down where the SMTP is failing? I can send from Outlook Express, so I assume it's something within the Groupwise client that is having issues with the SMTP service on the Exchange serve...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!!
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

Groupwise Client Linux, can't open vew files
Hello, I'm rundisappointinggwise Client 6.5.4 for Linux and am unable to open a "vew" file. I see the following in the body of the message "The Attachment can only be viewed with an external application". the attachment is filename.vew This seems to work fine from a windows Groupwise Client. This is rather disappointing. -- -Mettius Mettius wrote: > This seems to work fine from a windows Groupwise Client. VEW files are only available for opening with the Windows client - sorry. -- Danita Zanre Novell Support Forums Volunteer www.ca...

X client 'Can't open display' on OS11
I'm having a difficult time getting a remote x client to display on my machine. I have an xserver running locally, and connect via ssh. I turned on X11 forwarding in remote host sshd_config: X11Forwarding yes X11DisplayOffset 10 X11UseLocalhost yes I set the local ssh(OpenSSH) connection for X11 Forwarding. An X server, Xming, is running locally. X on the remote host is running without listening on port 6000: # ps -ef |grep X root 1940 1924 0 Aug20 tty7 00:34:30 /usr/bin/X :0 -audit 0 -br -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -nolisten tcp vt7 netstat -an |grep 6...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!! #2
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

can't login from client, but can use ping to and from clients
We need more info. What version of Novell Client ? Were you able to login before ? Is this a new server installation ? Are there other servers in this TREE ? If you replace the server name with its IP address under Novell GUI Login | Advanced | Preferred Server - can you login then ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) > I have had many problems. 1. Replaced power supply 2. Replaced motherboard 3. hard drive 2 of 2 disk mirror failed. can still log in 4. Replaced all ram cannot login from client. Please hel...

Can't open .pdf attachment directly with Acrobat Reader in Groupwise client
The issue isn't serious but it cause inconvenience and it used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago. In the S.O. the association is OK and when i open a .pdf document from the hard disk it just launch acrobat reader but when i try to open a .pdf attachment from Groupwise the "open with" windows appears so i have to select acrobat reader and inspite of the fact that i select de checkbox that always use this application to open this extension it ask me the same everytime i tried to open a .pdf attach. Any suggestions ? Regards, Nico. Nbogliaccini, It appea...

Can't install Groupwise Client
I have an NT4SP6a workstation that will not install the Novell Client update. I have Groupwise 6 with the latest service pack. When trying to install the updated/patched client I get a Dr. Watson Error in _INS5576_MP.exe I've killed all running services in NT 4 that can be killed I've re-applied SP6a I've deleted all GW6 files and registry entries I can find. I've installed the original, long ago Groupwise 5.2 client, uninstalled it and run the groupwise Cleanup utility. All gets to the same Dr. Watson error Help! Max Tyler > I have an NT4...

Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore?
FF 4, Win 7 Prof can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How does one do that now? Thanks Louise On 4/3/2011 5:11 PM, louise wrote: > FF 4, Win 7 Prof > > can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. > > I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How > does one do that now? > > Thanks > > Louise found safe mode and disabled all my add-ons. The site, bose.com, still do...

GW Client, accessing external POP, can't configure client
Hi all, I followed the instructions here http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10098450.htm and was able to enable the user in question's client to allow POP access, but I still do not see the "Accounts" menu option in the GW client at the user's machine. I'm using client version 6.0.4 and was unable to find a newer 6.0 client at www.novell.com/downloads Any suggestions? -- Chris Shipley Managing Director Nutmeg Consulting http://www.nutmegconsulting.com Ph: 860-781-7108 toggle it off, wait 5 mins. Toggle it on, wait 5 mins. -...

Can't print from GroupWise 7 client
Can't print from GroupWise 7 client. On some user accounts, the print button is greyed out. This is not the case for all accounts. Dmack, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com. - You could also try posting you...

Can't Open Email Client Hangs
We have one user on our GW 5.5 eh that when he leaves his GW running for a lenght of time - then he goes to open an email he get the hour glass. Sometimes after a long(5 minutes) wait, the message will open up. Most of the time he has to kill GW and re-start. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks Ron Oops!! I should done this first. I sent out an email to all of the users and have found this is a global problem. Everybody has expirenced this - not just one user. Ron On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:21:29 GMT, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote: >We have o...

Groupwise 7 Client
Hello Now maybe I have missed something, but I thought I would download groupwise and have a look at the latest version but . . . . I am running SBS 6.6 and it refuses to connect Any Ideas or is it designed that way, are novell becoming microsoft or Autodesk Sharif Novell is acting like they always have. A newer client version has never ever (for the last 12 years maybe longer) connected to an older backend. Older client, newer backend fine. Older backend, newer client no go. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinever...

Web resources about - can't open client - novell.groupwise.7x.clients