buttons and images not showing up in Web access

I have a server with Netware 6.0 SP3 and Groupwise 6.5 SP1.  We have
just installed the WebAccess portion and are running into a minor
problem.  None of the images for the buttons and icons are showing up.
 The are all showing up with a small x in them like the images could
not be found.  I have checked the properties of some of the images to
see where the file is supposed to be and looked for the files in the
specified locations and they are there.  Web Access seems to be
operating fine.  How do I get these images to show up properly?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Brian

0
Brian
10/22/2003 11:47:47 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.web-access 3846 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try copying the entire com\novell\... directory structure from
sys:\apache\htdocs to sys:\apache\nwdocs

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Jim
10/24/2003 7:22:35 PM
Thanks, I tried this and it did not make a difference.  I copied the
files and restarted the server.  Any other suggestions?

Brian

0
Brian
10/28/2003 12:47:50 AM
Brian wrote:

> Thanks, I tried this and it did not make a difference.
> I copied the files and restarted the server.  Any other suggestions?

Hmmm... I guess we'll need a little more info at this point, then.

1) what instance of Apache is handling your webaccess static content:
nvxadmup.ncf, or gwwebup.ncf?

2) what does the apache conf file look like for this instance?
Specifically,
what is the DocumentRoot directive pointing at?

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Jim
10/28/2003 11:31:58 PM

Brian wrote:

> Thanks, I tried this and it did not make a difference.
> I copied the files and restarted the server.  Any other suggestions?

Hmmm... I guess we'll need a little more info at this point, then.

1) what instance of Apache is handling your webaccess static content:
nvxadmup.ncf, or gwwebup.ncf?

gwwebup.ncf

2) what does the apache conf file look like for this instance?
Specifically,
what is the DocumentRoot directive pointing at?

DocumentRoot "SYS:/Apache/htdocs"

Thanks
Brian

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Brian
10/29/2003 2:06:01 AM
Brian wrote:

> gwwebup.ncf

> DocumentRoot "SYS:/Apache/htdocs"

Ok, that's normal... so, try this for me:

gwwebdn
nvxadmdn
gwwebup

Now see of the icons are there. Do you see a large \com\novell\..
directory
structure under htdocs?

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Jim
10/30/2003 12:03:20 AM
Tried doing

gwwebdn
nvxadmdn
gwwebup

Still got the samething.  Also tried reming out the NVXADMUP in the
autoexec.ncf and moving gwwebup near the top of the autoexec.ncf file
and restarted the server.  Still get the same thing.

When I looked at the \com\novell\.. directory, the novell folder is 22
Mb in size.  Is this large enough?

Brian

Brian wrote:

> gwwebup.ncf

> DocumentRoot "SYS:/Apache/htdocs"

Ok, that's normal... so, try this for me:

gwwebdn
nvxadmdn
gwwebup

Now see of the icons are there. Do you see a large \com\novell\..
directory
structure under htdocs?

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Brian
10/31/2003 2:08:41 AM
Brian wrote:

> Tried doing
>
> gwwebdn
> nvxadmdn
> gwwebup
>
> Still got the samething.  Also tried reming out the NVXADMUP in the
autoexec.ncf and moving gwwebup near the top of the autoexec.ncf file
and restarted the server.  Still get the same thing.

> When I looked at the \com\novell\.. directory, the novell folder is
22 Mb in size.  Is this large enough?

Yeah, it sounds like the correct files are there. I have no
explanation of
what might be going on... your symptoms are indicative of running
webaccess
from a web server that has the images in the wrong documentroot, but
that
doesn't seem to be the case.

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Jim
10/31/2003 2:58:24 PM
Do you think it would do anything to delete the groupwise web access
files and reinstall them? If so what files in the appache folder
should be deleted?

Brian

Brian wrote:

> Tried doing
>
> gwwebdn
> nvxadmdn
> gwwebup
>
> Still got the samething.  Also tried reming out the NVXADMUP in the
autoexec.ncf and moving gwwebup near the top of the autoexec.ncf file
and restarted the server.  Still get the same thing.

> When I looked at the \com\novell\.. directory, the novell folder is
22 Mb in size.  Is this large enough?

Yeah, it sounds like the correct files are there. I have no
explanation of
what might be going on... your symptoms are indicative of running
webaccess
from a web server that has the images in the wrong documentroot, but
that
doesn't seem to be the case.

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Brian
11/3/2003 11:37:53 AM
Brian wrote:

> Do you think it would do anything to delete the groupwise web access
files and reinstall them? If so what files in the appache folder
should be deleted?

It couldn't hurt, since re-installing is easy. You should whack the
sys:\apache\htdocs\com and sys:\apache\nwdocs\com directories.

Now, if you install again via the normal routine (setup.exe), you
*should*
end up with only the files in sys:\apache\htdocs\com. With that setup,
you
should get webaccess working by NOT running nvxadmup and running
gweebup.ncf
instead.

If you need BOTH nvxadmup functionality *and* webaccess, *don't* load
gwwebup.ncf, and instead copy the files from sys:\apache\htdocs\com to

sys:\apache\nwdocs\com

Clear as mud? ;-)

--
Jim