upgrade to gw 6.5.6 and messenger 1.0.6

Hi:

How is step for upgrade from gw 6.5.1 to gw 6.5.6 and upgrado from
messenger 1.0.1 to messenger 1.0.6?
Regards...
David
Coquimbo-Chile
0
dlagoss
7/19/2006 7:33:37 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

dlagoss@manejatuvida.cl wrote:

> Hi:
>
> How is step for upgrade from gw 6.5.1 to gw 6.5.6 and upgrado from
> messenger 1.0.1 to messenger 1.0.6?

Install the new agents onto your server(s). I tend to install new
agents into new directories so that in case the new agents doesn't work
you can roll back easily to the previous version.

I don't know anything about messenger.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 with Groupwise 6.5
Morning, Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? Thnaks, Ray > Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 > sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? > Should be fine -- SBS 6.5 and 6.6 shipped with 6.5 SP1b and then SP3 and GroupWise 6.5.4. One thing though, why SP4 on the NW 6.5 server? I'd go with SP5 plus the post SP5 update package. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Only reason is config control, the ot...

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6
I ran the patch upgrade for gw 6.5 to get us to sp6. Ran the update and rebooted. all seem to upgrade except the gwia component. It was soft abending the server. I tried re installing the gwia from the new SDD directory and it still did not work. Is there any problems with going from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6 directly? gw 6.5.1 (poa, mta, gwia, webaccess on same server). One post office. novell 6 sp 5. Normally not, but try deleting sccfilt.bin, if it exists. <rmburt@nationalindemnity.com> wrote in message news:_Z7Qh.2389$mb6.563@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I r...

Upgrade Netware6.5.6 to 6.5.7 with GroupWise 6.5
Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 patch to this GroupWise server. At the present this GW server is a stand alone server, and after a week it unloads tomcat4 which shuts down webacc module and the users can not connect with Webacc. I have worked on this problem for a while now, upgraded java and several others things. I hope there won't be any problems with this patch and sp7. Thanks, Tim Support-forums.novell.com, > Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 > patch to this GroupWise server. At the p...

Upgrading GW 6.0.2 to 6.5.1
--____NMGXRCGWNRQBIXSSFGTR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We will be upgrading our GroupWise 6.0.2 soon to 6.5. I would like to = install 6.5 with support pack 1 at once. I am assuming that the 6.5 CD = software can be overwritten by the support pack software and this will = work. Is this correct? Dennis --____NMGXRCGWNRQBIXSSFGTR____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HQJSCUMPMQVIPWIFJENY____" --____HQJSCUMPMQVIPWIFJENY____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer...

Upgrading to GW 6.5 from GW 6.0
Has anyone had any issues with this so far? Any problems with running old clients against the newer PO and/or problems with updates to the any of the DB's? We had no problems at all moving from GW 6 to 6.5. Our older Mac 5.2.8 and GW 6 clients are working aok. The new Webaccess and client are receiving much praise from our faculty, staff, and students. If you want to cover all your bases, I'd suggest getting a copy of the GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide from http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html The guide covers many of the potential gotchas/problems you may run in to ...

Upgrade from GW 6.0 to GW 6.5
One quick question: to upgrade from GW 6.0 to GW 6.5, do I need to upgrade the primary domain first? I read it in the documentation but it does not reference what version you are migrating from. Thanks Abel Julien Yep, primary domain first. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS]}} Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Easy rule of thumb, "no matter what the mix, always start an upgrade with the Primary GW domain" If you think about it, the primary has to have the very latest database structure to pass out to the other...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

GroupWise 6.5.6 upgrade from 6.5.5 ABENDS server HARD
Last night around 9pm we upgraded our Netware SBS 6.5sp4a server from GroupWise 6.5.5 to GroupWise 6.5.6. This morning at about 10:15am (the server starts experiencing heavy user load around 6am) the server locked hard and had to be manually powered off and restarted... here's the abend. The only things I've changed between the 6.5.5 config and 6.5.6 are: * I chose the installation option to run the POA and MTA in protected mode. * I enabled two blacklist sites in the POA's Access List * I enabled Mailbox Protection in the POA * I enabled sender validation / verif...

From NW 6.0/GW 6.5 to NW 6.5/GW 7 New Hardware
I have new hardware upon which I want to run NW 6.5, and GW 7. I found the Cool Solutions Article titled "Consultants Corner: Tips for Upgrading to GroupWise 7" I am only dealing with a single post office, GWIA and Webaccess. Looking for any Advice, gotcha's, document's I can be pointed to, etc. I have no room on the current 6.0 server any more, so I am hoping any upgrading to the files woudl be done after moving the DBs over... Phil Phil Smith wrote: > I have new hardware upon which I want to run NW 6.5, and GW 7. > > I found the Cool Soluti...

updated from GW 6.5.4 to GW 6.5.6 but agents still run at 6.5.4
I recently attempted to update from GW 6.5.4 to GW 6.5.6. I ran the service pack and followed direction very closely, and once I finished updating the Primary Domain and the Post Office, I check marked to update the startup files and to launch the MTA and PO. When they launched after my update they were running at 6.5.6, but when I reset the server they went back to running at 6.5.4. I also need to update the GWIA and the WebAccess Agent. Do I have to do those separately? This is really the first time that I have ever patched a GW System. Are there more detailed instructi...

Upgrading from perl-5.6.0 to 5.6.1

GW 6.5.6 to GW 7.0.1
What is the fastest way (no problem way!) to upgrade whole GW 6.5.6 system (NSBS6.6) to GW 7.0.1? Is necessary to upgrade ALL components to 7.0 first or is the way to go directly to 7.0.1? I hope there is no need to download all 7.0 CDs... Any solutions are appreciated. Thanks! Zbigniew Skreta Go directly to 7.0.1. You do need the 7.0 CDs though - you need a copy of the DC files. Not included with support pack "Zbigniew Skreta" <skreta@neostrada.pl> wrote in message news:1Rkmg.6835$tN4.403@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > What is the fastest way (no...

Web resources about - upgrade to gw 6.5.6 and messenger 1.0.6 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

Windows Live Messenger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2011 (Build 15.4.3555.308) / March 20, 2012 ; 59 days ago ( 2012-03-20 ) Windows Live Messenger (formerly named MSN Messenger ) is an instant ...

More Social Partners To Join Facebook Messenger On Firefox Social API
Move over, Facebook Messenger : You’ve got company on the Firefox Social API . Mozilla announced the addition of several social partners to its ...

Facebook Messenger: tips and tricks
Messenger has been downloaded more than one billion times on Android and is the second most popular iOS app of all time, behind Facebook. Here's ...

Q&A: What Brands Should Know About Facebook Messenger Chat Bots
The bots are coming. Actually, they're already here. Brands like Disney have worked with tech firms like Disney-backed Imperson to create chat ...

Facebook, Developers Quietly Beefing Up Messenger
Facebook’s Messenger application is well on its way to becoming much more than just a messaging app. Josh Constine of TechCrunch reported that ...

A conversation with Miss Piggy showed me how Facebook Messenger is about to become a huge money-maker ...
What if an AI Homer Simpson could contact you on Facebook Messenger to encourage you to buy Duff Beer ? Or if Jon Snow could send you an emoji ...

Silicon Valley invests in India's Hike Messenger
Execs from companies like Dropbox, WordPress and Quora have all recently invested in Hike Messenger, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises ...

Yahoo Hit With Class-Action Lawsuit Claiming Messenger Service Sent Spam Texts To Some Users
When you sign up for one kind of message service, you might not expect, or want, messages about that service elsewhere. As such, Yahoo is facing ...

Facebook is reportedly making a Messenger app for Mac
Desktop messaging apps haven't gotten much attention lately. Sure, you continue to see mainstays like Skype, but the big chat services still ...

Facebook Messenger Has More Than 800 Million Monthly Users
In just over a year, Facebook Messenger grew from 500 million to 800 million users. Facebook's star standalone app, Messenger, crossed 800 million ...