upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6

Hi,
We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem
with sending mail to yahoo.  My question is do I have to upgrade
everything?  On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main
postoffice and webaccess.  On the second server we have 4 other
postoffice's for our student email.  Can I just upgrade the main server
with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at
6.5.5?  If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post
offices?
0
jpaul
3/9/2006 5:36:40 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Hi,
> We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the
problem
> with sending mail to yahoo.  My question is do I have to upgrade
> everything?  On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main
> postoffice and webaccess.  On the second server we have 4 other
> postoffice's for our student email.  Can I just upgrade the main server
> with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone
at
> 6.5.5?  If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post
> offices?

Is it better to use the /copyonly switch rather than doing a regular
upgrade?  When we went to 6.5.5 we ran the install from a workstation and
chose upgrade existing groupwise system.
0
jpaul

Upgrade Netware6.5.6 to 6.5.7 with GroupWise 6.5
Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 patch to this GroupWise server. At the present this GW server is a stand alone server, and after a week it unloads tomcat4 which shuts down webacc module and the users can not connect with Webacc. I have worked on this problem for a while now, upgraded java and several others things. I hope there won't be any problems with this patch and sp7. Thanks, Tim Support-forums.novell.com, > Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 > patch to this GroupWise server. At the p...

GroupWise 6.5.6 upgrade from 6.5.5 ABENDS server HARD
Last night around 9pm we upgraded our Netware SBS 6.5sp4a server from GroupWise 6.5.5 to GroupWise 6.5.6. This morning at about 10:15am (the server starts experiencing heavy user load around 6am) the server locked hard and had to be manually powered off and restarted... here's the abend. The only things I've changed between the 6.5.5 config and 6.5.6 are: * I chose the installation option to run the POA and MTA in protected mode. * I enabled two blacklist sites in the POA's Access List * I enabled Mailbox Protection in the POA * I enabled sender validation / verif...

Upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 with Groupwise 6.5
Morning, Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? Thnaks, Ray > Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 > sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? > Should be fine -- SBS 6.5 and 6.6 shipped with 6.5 SP1b and then SP3 and GroupWise 6.5.4. One thing though, why SP4 on the NW 6.5 server? I'd go with SP5 plus the post SP5 update package. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Only reason is config control, the ot...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Upgrade from 6.5.3 to 6.5.6
Hi there, I have a GW 6.5.3 system running on a SUSE 9 server. I am moving to a new server and I want to also upgrade GW to 6.5.6 at the same time. I'm not sure how to go about doing that. My thought was to build the server, install NDS, install GW admin, graft my data, and install the agents using my 6.5.3 SDD. Then apply the patch after that. Does anyone have any advice on this? -- brownl573 * brownl573 , no need to install the 6.5.3 agents first, just install the 6.5.6 stuff directly. Else it sounds fine. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp ...

upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6
I ran the patch upgrade for gw 6.5 to get us to sp6. Ran the update and rebooted. all seem to upgrade except the gwia component. It was soft abending the server. I tried re installing the gwia from the new SDD directory and it still did not work. Is there any problems with going from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6 directly? gw 6.5.1 (poa, mta, gwia, webaccess on same server). One post office. novell 6 sp 5. Normally not, but try deleting sccfilt.bin, if it exists. <rmburt@nationalindemnity.com> wrote in message news:_Z7Qh.2389$mb6.563@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I r...

Upgrading from 6.5.4 to 6.5.5
Hello, When I upgraded to 6.5.4 from 6.5.3 I was told I could just copy out the newer files instead of going through the setup. Is this possible for 6.5.5 and what files would I need to copy over and to where? Thanks in advance Michael Copy them to the SDD (software distribution directory). Once there you can install the agents with the /copyonly switch. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I have the body of a god, unfortunately it's Buddah" - T-shirt quote > Copy them to the SDD (software distribution directory). > > Once there ...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

sccimg.nlm Abends with Groupwise webaccess 6.5.5 and 6.5.6 field release A
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040003000909050006000107 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Im experience some problems with Groupwise webaccess 6.5 SP5 & 6.5 SP6 Field test A. Sometimes de server abends on nlm sccimg.nlm (see abend.log). The server is a DL380G3 with hp agents and latest bios. Netware 6.0 SP5, eDirectory 8.7.3.3, apache webserver and tomcat 3.3. Does someone know how to resolve this problem? I think the nlm works better on netware 6.5. But Tomcat 4 and Groupwise...

Notify not working after upgrading from 6.5 to 6.5.5
After upgrading from 6.5 to 6.5.5, we've noticed that when your Notify pops up with a new message and you click read, it just closes w/o opening the message. It works if the GroupWise client is already opened, but doesn't if it's not. Also, it doesn't delete, if you click delete. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Stockpickwiz, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following opti...

Upgrade from 5.1 to 6.5 with grpwise 6.5
I have upgraded to NW65 with SP5 from NW5.1 and my server seems to run fine since the upgrade. My WEB server was Novonyx which does not work anymore since apache has taken it's place. It will not come up, giving an error that LDAP is not loaded. Groupwise agents MTA, POA and GWIA are operating fine. If I load NLDAP manually I still get the same error. I have looked in the config file in the apache folder and all of the pointers are to the Novonyx location for my files to load. How can I get the web server operational again? Thanks Wendell What is the exact error o...

Web resources about - upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...