Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0

Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my
GroupWise.  I have been reading the install procedures, but there is
always something unexpected that comes along.  I am running NW 6.0.2
and
GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server.  I also
have
David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I
have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade
this week end.  I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA. Any
tips out there that would save me a lot of problems.

Thanks,

Tim

0
Timothy
5/7/2003 3:32:41 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Well I dunno anything about David compatibility with 6.5; the rest
should be
pretty smooth, assuming you've already previously gone through the
internet
adressing setup in 5.5

--
Michael J. Bell

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's
unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"Timothy Stenberg" <Tstenberg@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my
> GroupWise.  I have been reading the install procedures, but there is

> always something unexpected that comes along.  I am running NW 6.0.2
and
> GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server.  I also
have
> David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I

> have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade

> this week end.  I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA.
Any
> tips out there that would save me a lot of problems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

0
Michael
5/7/2003 4:08:26 PM
Try getting the upgrade guide from www.caledonia.com

Well written and very informative on the upgrade procedure
highlighting a few gotchas on the way.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

0
Timothy
--------------0544AAEB287044B476828CAC

I have that manual, it is good.

Thanks,

Timothy Leerhoff wrote:

> Try getting the upgrade guide from www.caledonia.com
>
> Well written and very informative on the upgrade procedure
highlighting a few gotchas on the way.

> --
> Timothy Leerhoff
> Principal Consultant
> Independent Experts
> Novell Support Forums Sysop

--------------0544AAEB287044B476828CAC

begin:vcard
n:Stenberg;Timothy
tel;work:270-686-1622
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Audubon Area Community Service;IS/IT
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:tstenberg@mindspring.com
title:IT Manager
note:CNE, CCNA, MCP, iDBO
fn:Timothy Stenberg
end:vcard

--------------0544AAEB287044B476828CAC--

0
Tim

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

Netware 5.0 SBS with GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 with GW 6.5
I am assisting a client with a migration from NW 5.0 w/ GW 5.5 to new server hardware (will be replacing the old server) running NW 6.5 with GW 6.5 via the 7.1 Migration Wizzard. I am still a little unsure of the best migration path. I planned on migrating straight from NW 5 and GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 and GW 6.5. However, other people indicate that it is not a clean migration. Furthermore, the documentation states that I will have to re-install GW6.5 to update the NLMs on the Target after the migration. Won't this overwright my information store? Perhaps I am supposed to m...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

GW 5.5 to GW 6.5 Upgrade
We currently have a 2 node cluster of Netware 5.1 servers with GW 5.5 (with Enhancement Pack) installed. In a few weeks, we will be upgrading to Groupwise 6.5 My question is regarding the minimum support pack level required by Netware 5.1 to support Groupwise 6.5. At the moment, we have our Netware 5.1 servers patched to NW51SP3. Is it necessary to patch our Netware 5.1 servers to NW51SP7 before upgrading to GW 6.5 ?? Any other patches or gotchas ?? Any issues with Apache or Tomcat on Netware 5.1 ? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks! groupwise isn't going to care too much. ...

GW 5.5 on NW 5.1 -> GW 6.5 on NW 6.5
Hi All, Setup: I have a single tree (TRINET) with 3 Netware 6.5 SP4 servers (INTL, ENV, AUSTIN) running file/print services. In this same tree I have 2 Netware 5.1 SP8 servers (MASTER, EMAIL). MASTER does nothing but have the PO and DO sitting in it's OU on the tree. It is NOT providing any services such as file/print. The server named EMAIL is running GroupWise 5.5 EP SP5. We have a Linux based web server (apache) at a remote site (co-lo) running the WebAccess that connects to EMAIL. I have a NEW server ready to take on an installation of Netware 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5. ...

GroupWise 5.5.5 under Netware 6.5
I have not been able to get my Groupwise snapins back since I upgraded my Groupwise server to Netware 6.5. Is there any way to do this? Recopy the snapins from the SDD Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ I got an error before, but this time it worked. Thanks. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.1a495f6d48d9516ce6@support-forums.novell.com... > Recopy the snapins from the SDD > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] ...

GW 5.5 to 6.5 Upgrade
Upgrade the GW 5.5 to 6.5 loaded the MTA and POA single domain and single Post Office The old clients can access GW but when I install the new client on a work station I get the error message that "this version of the client will not work with the existing version" What can the problem be The PO didn't actually get updated. Take down the POA and copy the new .DC files from the 6.5 CD/SDD to the post office directory. Bring back up the POA and see if that fixes it. Double check that the Domain shows as GW 6.5 in ConsoleOne first of course, to make s...

Groupwise upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5
I upgraded my Netware server from 4.11 to netware 6.5.This server was also running my groupwise 5.5 enhancement pack with service pack 5. I actually created a duplicate nds on new server and grafted groupwise nds objects to the new tree,all of this worked except for Web access is down.What should I do at this point?I tried unsucessfully to get Webaccess going.Although I did go ahead and purchase an upgrade to groupwise 6.5.Should I try to get the webaccess up and running before I do the Webaccess upgrade or should I just proceed forward with the upgrade the after maybe webaccess w...

GW 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade
Before we upgrade to 6.5, we obviously need a backup. Will it surfice to shutdown all GW Agents and manually copy the domain and po directories? If the Upgrade fails, can you copy the backup back and start over? Do you have to use gwbackup? Any other gotcha's in this upgrade? Thanks in advance. I woulod start with a DS health check since you will extend schema (TID 10060600). Then a top down rebuild of GW. Yes backing up the Domain and PO directories are the way to go. Copying is fine. If there is a failure during the upgrade you will have to copy the Domain...

upgrading gw 5.5 to 6.5
Hi, I have a gw5.5 sp5 system with one domain and post office. I need to upgrade to gw6.5 sp1. What is the fastest way perform the upgrade and apply gw6.5 sp1 at the same time? Thanks in advance. Jonathan jtalbot-jones@ada.co.uk wrote: > What is the fastest way perform the upgrade and apply gw6.5 sp1 at the > same time? You can just copy the shipping CD to an area on your hard drive then patch it to Sp1, then install/upgrade from there. If you need step-by-step details on how to upgrade and what to watch out of, I recommend this book http://www.caledonia.ne...

Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5 Upgrade
We are running a Novell 4.11 server currently with GW 5.5. We do not have any other use for the Novell server. I understand that eDirectory can be installed on a Win2k Server. Is there any documentation available that can explain how to migrate the NDS to eDirectory and GW 5.5 to 6.5? Thanks Tim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgeb...

Web resources about - Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube