Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5

I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then

gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the

new 6.5 client.  Can I do this ?  Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide"
says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2)

D109 errors opening mail.  Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very

prominent ?

David Schryer
SOLGEN

0
ssu
7/21/2003 7:19:04 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can.

The D109 error can happen from time to time.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

0
Timothy
7/21/2003 9:28:30 PM
i have not had any reports of the D109 error since upgrading our
backend to 6.5 on June 30th.  We are still using 6.02 clients.   then
again, it is summer break for us, so not a whole lot of folks are in.
we will see come mid-august.

0
Matthew
7/22/2003 12:17:42 PM
If you encounter any I wouldn't mind knowing ... if possible.

Thanks ...

-------------------

Matthew Shuter wrote:

> i have not had any reports of the D109 error since upgrading our
> backend to 6.5 on June 30th.  We are still using 6.02 clients.
then
> again, it is summer break for us, so not a whole lot of folks are
in.
> we will see come mid-august.

0
ssu
7/22/2003 2:49:08 PM
ssu@smtp.gc.ca wrote:

>If you encounter any I wouldn't mind knowing ... if possible.

You will not encounter them if you are using a newer client than the
person you're sending to.   The receiver WILL see the D109's.

If everyone's using the same client, you will not see the 109's.

0
Charles

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

GroupWise 5.5.5 under Netware 6.5
I have not been able to get my Groupwise snapins back since I upgraded my Groupwise server to Netware 6.5. Is there any way to do this? Recopy the snapins from the SDD Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ I got an error before, but this time it worked. Thanks. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.1a495f6d48d9516ce6@support-forums.novell.com... > Recopy the snapins from the SDD > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] ...

Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5 Upgrade
We are running a Novell 4.11 server currently with GW 5.5. We do not have any other use for the Novell server. I understand that eDirectory can be installed on a Win2k Server. Is there any documentation available that can explain how to migrate the NDS to eDirectory and GW 5.5 to 6.5? Thanks Tim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgeb...

Groupwise upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5
I upgraded my Netware server from 4.11 to netware 6.5.This server was also running my groupwise 5.5 enhancement pack with service pack 5. I actually created a duplicate nds on new server and grafted groupwise nds objects to the new tree,all of this worked except for Web access is down.What should I do at this point?I tried unsucessfully to get Webaccess going.Although I did go ahead and purchase an upgrade to groupwise 6.5.Should I try to get the webaccess up and running before I do the Webaccess upgrade or should I just proceed forward with the upgrade the after maybe webaccess w...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Upgrade to 6.5 from 5.5
I have a GW 5.5 domain that I am upgrading. I've read the docs and it says to upgrade the primary domain first, then secondary domains. What is a secondary domain? I have one domain, and one "External Groupwise", is that the same thing? And more importantly, can I upgrade my domain and leave the other alone and have them still communicate peacefully? Thanks! One of the nice things about GW is that you do not have to pay for the server side of the software. This means that you can have as many domains and post offices as you need for your system with...

Upgrading 5.5 to 6.5
I am planning on upgrading our network (NW5.0, GW5.5) to SBS6.5 including a new server earmarked (initially) for email. I do not want my users to lose email during the upgrade and want to know the best way to move them from the old server to the new server. My plan is to install the new (SBS) server onto the existing 5.0 network and include GW6.5 on it as a second post office. The new PO will include GWIA and all of the agents. Since there are only 20 mailboxes, I was going to move them manually to the new PO. Are they any pitfalls to doing this? I have seen some traffic about prob...

Upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5
Hi, I am in the process of upgrading from 5.5EP sp4 on Netware 5.1, edir8.7.1 to 6.5. Are there any gotchas? Is it a straight forward procedure, I cant seem to find definitive documentation on this process.? Any Advice/help would be greatly appreciated. TLI Take a look at the GroupWise upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop Hi - our 5.5 ep sp5 to 6.5 went really well, the only problems we encountered was with the 5.5 clients having D109 error, most of these ar...

Web resources about - Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...