No Proxy Access to Resource - Groupwise 6.5

I deleted a user who was the owner of 2 meeting room resources. The
Resources still work perfectly but I wanted to change the auto reply so
I made myself the owner. When I login to Groupwise as my self and proxy
to one of the meeting rooms I don't have the access that being owner
should give me. I can see the number of mail in the inbox "Inbox (32)"
but cant see any mail. Rules and Options are greyed out. I can manage
other resources no problem. In console One the Resource has my name to
it.

David Farrell

0
dfgoogle
2/13/2006 4:52:27 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tried logging in directly as the resource ?

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

DF

0
dfgoogle
2/14/2006 11:04:29 AM
Using LDAP or GW authentication ?, if you are using LDAP then despite the
fact that it *should* fall through to using the GW password, a lot of
times it doesn't seem to work - so you may need to flip LDAP off briefly
to let you get into the resource account

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave

any possibilities to get into the resource with enabled LDAP authentication?

Cheers,
Jim.

Dave Parkes schrieb:
> Using LDAP or GW authentication ?, if you are using LDAP then despite
> the fact that it *should* fall through to using the GW password, a lot
> of times it doesn't seem to work - so you may need to flip LDAP off
> briefly to let you get into the resource account
>
> Cheers Dave

0
Jim
8/24/2006 8:25:59 AM
Nope, that's the problem with LDAP, resources have no eDir equivalent so
the LDAP passwords fails. I've been assured that the system *should* fall
through to using the GW password, but I've never got that to work

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave
8/24/2006 12:39:50 PM
Wild guess, but.....

Proxy Access for a std. user is stored in the userDb

Try and run a gwcheck with "Reset Client Options" on the resource

To be sure, that you access it directly, use the standalone version of gwcheck

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0
Tommy

Webaccess 6.5.6 Proxy Access
Some of my users are reporting they can not use Webaccess to grant proxy access to other employees; but they can by using the GW client. There are, however, several of us here who can do it just fine using Webaccess. I'm having a hard time narrowing down a cause. The users experiencing this problem can get so far as choosing someone to grant proxy access, and they can check the check boxes for read or write access; but attempting to save the changes within Webaccess results in the error: Unable to process request. Please contact you system administrator. I seems to f...

After NW 6.0 to 6.5 fresh install, 6.0 NSS volume not accessible
I just installed Small Business Suite v6.6 (NW 6.5) over nw 6.0sp4. This was a fresh install on a single-server LAN, not an upgrade (very small tree). The installation went great and, using LIST DEVICES on SYSTEM CONSOLE and NSSMU the SYS and DOS volumes drive show up normally. However, an NSS Western Digital 180 GB PATA drive containing data does not - although NSSMU shows the drive under DEVICES, it is reported with no partitions, and therefore cannot be added to pools and cannot be mounted as a volume. My latest tape backup failed after tape #1, so the drive in question is...

GW 6.5.5 Client unable to open Archive when Proxied to a resource
We have several Resources that have auto archive setup. If you login directly into resource mailbox via /@u the archive is accessable. If you proxy to the resourse the open archive option is grayed out. I thought this was fixed in 6.5.2, has this feature been removed? Is it in 6.5.6 or 7? Long gone, see TID 10052788 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave Parkes wrote: > Long gone, see TID 10052788 > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > Dave Parkes [NSCS] > Occasionally resident at http://s...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Cannot install 5.6.0 on IRIX 6.5.10
Hi, having problems to install perl-5.6.0 on IRIX 6.5.10 (Compiler: /bin/cc -n32): cc-1143 cc: ERROR File = perlio.c, Line = 533 Declaration is incompatible with "int vprintf(const char *, char *)" (declared ... After making a correspondent change in perlio.c, it can be compiled, but then make crashes with .... cc -n32 -L/usr/local/lib32 -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-woff,84 -o miniperl \ miniperlmain.o opmini.o libperl.a -ldb -lm -lc -liconv ld32: ERROR 33 : Unresolved text symbol "do_aspawn" -- 1st referenced by libperl.a(pp_sys.o). Use linke...

How to tell if 6.5 sp1a or 6.5 sp1b installed?
Is there an easy way to tell on a client workstation if 6.5 sp1a or sp1b is installed? I'm assuming there should be something in version numbers to indicate, but I'm not seeing any documentation on Novell's website to confirm. I'm assuming 6.5.1 = sp1, but don't know if Novell modified version numbers to something like 6.5.1.1 for the sp1a and b. Sounds more like you are talking about Netware than Groupwise here. Help/About shows the client versions in GW. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.co...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

ZW 6.5 and GW client 6.5 install ?
I am using ZW to roll out our GW client. I am using the GWs' Setup.cfg file to install GW. Durning the install, it will need to reboot. Does anyone know how I can have the install to reboot ZW/GWs' setup.cfg ? Thank you, all Bsinclair, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the othe...

Install order 6.5.7 -> 6.5.8
I am about to apply 6.5.8 to our 6.5.7 boxes.. It may happen over a few days as I test inbetween. Is there any MAJOR changes that could affect eDir with the versions out of sync. WE only have 3 NW boxes now compared to 7 a year ago, there are some OSE Linux SP1 Boxes as well, will these need SPing? I did hear there was an issue with them on VMWare?????? Thanks Rob -- twinturbo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ twinturbo;1889433 Wrote: > I am about to apply 6.5.8 to our 6.5.7 boxes.. It may happen over a few > day...

Can I have 6.5.0 and 6.5.1 installed on the same PC?
I need to have these two versions installed simultaneously (one app is still on 6.5.0 and will stay there, but another one is going to 6.5.1). If I just install them in different directories and make sure they use their own /Shared directories, will that be sufficient or is there something else I should be aware of? TIA -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- No, I need two instalaltions of PB (i.e. the IDE). ...

5.5 proxy access
It appears that anyone can view anyone else's email by just choosing it in proxy. They were not granted access. This is on a W2000 workstation. Any help on how to stop this? rpacheco@car-gobattery.com wrote: > It appears that anyone can view anyone else's email by just choosing > it in proxy. They were not granted access. This is on a W2000 > workstation. Any help on how to stop this? Check "Minimum User Access" in any of the clients, if there rights granted to this account, that means EVERYONE in your GroupWise system have whatever rights are g...

Web access 6.5 with NW 6.5 and BM 3.8
I have a new installation of web access that is up and running with one exception (and this may be the wrong forum). The "web" portion is running on a NW 6.5 (sp 1) box that also has BorderManager 3.8 on it. Thus the box has both an internal IP address and an External address. I would like to be able to get to the "normal" portal and iManager on the internal address and the web access on the external address. I am not very familiar with the NetWare implementation of Apache and Tomcat and the subtleties of command line configurations of either (I've always had some s...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

Cannot get into Web Access GW 6.5 sp6 . NW 6.5
Clicking Go button Service unavailable! The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 503 servername Monday, August 27, 2007 15:07:40 Apache/2.0.59 (NETWARE) mod_jk/1.2.15 Restart server and it works for acouple hours. GW 6.5 sp7 , nw 6.5 sp6 -- I never see any activity for login on the Web Access screen How do I trouble shoot error 503 Thanks in Advance !! Chris. "Chris" <chris@nos...

Web resources about - No Proxy Access to Resource - Groupwise 6.5 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...