merge system help

Michael Bell recently stated in response to another query ...

 "Where things DO get ugly is if you install an entirely NEW GW System and
databases and want to move stuff from an old one. It can be done, but it's
ugly."

I have exactly that situation. I have an eDir 8.73 tree and a branch office
running eDir 8.6.  GW in the newer tree is at 6.5 whereas the branch office
is at version 6. I take it from the above comment that we should be looking
at some sort of merge operation rather than taking the databases and trying
to marry them to recreated users in the new tree.

Any comments, TIDs etc I can look at in this regard? I have bought Tay's
book and he doesn't go into this type of scenario in quite enough depth (no
criticism, the book is excellent - just want a bit more information I
guess). In particular, what might go wrong, a recommended order of
operations etc from those who may have been there before :)

regards,
Mike

0
mike
5/24/2004 10:36:21 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Michael,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Merge your Live Chat system with your CRM and/or Help Desk system
SigmaLive 1.2 (released 7.16.2006) integrates into SigmaPro Draconis 5.0.  Now you can turn your sales and support live chat sessions into new sales leads or support requests in SigmaPro Draconis 5.0 with the click of a button from the SigmaLive Agent Windows application.  You can also have all off-line messages to your SigmaLive live chat system posted to your SigmaPro projects as well as emailed to you. With SigmaLive 1.2 and SigmaPro 5.0 you have a full CRM and Support system integreated with each other and DotNetNuke. The new SigmaLive Windows client allows you to quic...

Installing OpenSuse in a system with windows 7 already installed..help needed
I'm sorry if this is an outdated or repeated question, but I'm new to Unix and new to this forum too. I need your help regarding this installation. I've a system with Windows 7 installed. Now I'm being trained in Unix. So I want to install OpenSUSE full version (not live cd). So is there a way to install OpenSUSE in my system without disturbing Windows 7? I want to have both the Operating systems in my Laptop. I could have tried by installing it directly, but I'm afraid that I may lose all my data present in the harddisk. Please tell me how to install thi...

Can a ".chm" help file be installed into the XE2 help system?
I have an "Apro.chm" help file for the TurboPower Async palette components. Is there any way of integrating this into the XE2 help system? Eric Wright wrote: > I have an "Apro.chm" help file for the TurboPower Async palette components. Is there any way of integrating this into the XE2 help system? No, it's not the appropriate format. You can install CustomHelp from [http://code.google.com/p/theunknownones/] Short info video [http://vimeo.com/15021497] Tomislav, Thank's for the suggestion - I will check into that. Regards Eric ...

Merge GroupWise Systems
We have two GroupWise systems in separate trees. Is it possible to merge the systems without merging the trees? What are the consequences of doing this? Thanks. Hi, Mike Kanfer wrote: > > We have two GroupWise systems in separate trees. Is it possible to merge > the systems without merging the trees? Yes. > What are the consequences of doing > this? For full administration of the GW system, the admin has to login to both trees afterwards. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

help system, help!
Hi, Im trying to code in VB a help system for my web form. I have 1 label (lblhelp) and several textboxes, what i want to happen is that when a user clicks inside (or even mouseovers) one of the textboxes, the lblhelp populates with help text (different text per text box) i have no clue where to even start with this, although im thinking it would be nice to create a function that i can use throughout the project. any ideas?www.the-web-shed.com You would typically use client-side scripting such as Javascript for this. You'll want to create a Javascript function and handle the onfocu...

Help! Installing Seamonkey 1.0.1 messed up system
Something went horribly wrong when I tried to install Seamonkey 1.0.1. First, Seamonkey was missing menu and menu item labels and displayed a partial error message in red at the very bottom of the window (_below_ the row containing the status area, the on-line/off-line indicator, etc.). The message says: <broadcaster id="Communicator:Workmode" --^ The really bad part is that is messed up something on my machine (Windows XP)--when I uninstalled Seamonkey 1.0.1 and tried installing Seamonkey 1.0 and then Mozilla Suite 1.7.12, I get the same symptoms. I also...

merging two groupwise systems
I have been giving the task of combining two groupwise systems that came about because two offices had two separate trees. The need for two trees is now removed and since one of the offices only had 15 users, I manually added the users from that tree into our larger tree. The problem is the groupwise system that is on the tree that is going away. How do I get everything over to the larger system. I need to move all files, users, po's to the larger system. I tried to graft the small system into the larger, but all that seems to do is move the management of the users. When I tr...

Moving/Merging Groupwise system
Hi, 1)I have a GW 6.5 single domain, 2 x post office, webaccess & GWIA install on a single server. 2)I have just setup a GW 7 cluster with all of the above as a new system with new domain, post office names etc. 3)I prefer the new system name and naming standards on the new system. Can I move/merge the 6.5 domain and post office users easily and reliably to the new system. I had a brief look at the merge process in the docs, but it only talks about the domain, not post offices. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Brett Whitford ASAS bwhitfor...

Merging two GroupWise systems
I have a problem merging two GroupWise systems. I want to merge a small system (1 MTA, 1 POA, 1 GWIA, 1 API, 1 WebAcc) into a larger environment. Both systems are synchronized via synchronization rule. I am connected to the primary wpdomain.db of the large system. Via the domain object (=external domain) of my small GroupWise system I start to merge the systems. Walking thru the first setup screens the merge runs fine. During the merge process the C1 closes without comment (and without success). Some steps I have tried to solve the problem: - Copying the small domain directory ...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

The GroupWise system installation was not successful
Hi, I'm going trouhg the roof here.... I'm trying to set up a GW 6.0 system. But it just can't finish the setup. In ConsoleOne it finaly comes to The GroupWise system installation was not successful just after he tries to create the post office. As far as I can see, the domain is created, the MTA is created (as object in the NDS). All the names are less then 8 char. (Mail, domain and PO). Tried to install from sp3 cd.. tried deleten everithing and begin from scratch... nothing.. :( Please can somebody help me! tnx in advance Another item to check is that yo...

Web resources about - merge system help - novell.groupwise.6x.install

Type system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A type system associates a type with each computed value. By examining the flow of these values, a type system attempts to ensure or prove that ...

Secrets of North Korea's Red Star computer operating system revealed
... researchers have delved into the secretive state's computer code and found a dichotomy. Seoul: North Korea's homegrown computer operating system ...

Andrew Hastie: Ice freezes addicts in justice system
AS a newly elected Member of the Federal Parliament, I have been challenged by numerous experiences over the past three months.

First-class refugees: Malaysia's two-tier system
Malaysian government extends helping hand to Syrian refugees, as thousands of other refugees struggle in illegal limbo.

Company Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) Rally 4.23%
News Watch International Company Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) Rally 4.23% American Trade Journal Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. ...

Massive storm system on the move as death toll climbs
System that brought twisters, ice, snow, floods to South and Midwest, killing at least 48, churning northeast; flooding fears mount along Mississippi ...

Thousands Of Flights Canceled, Delayed As Storm System Wreaks Holiday Travel Havoc
Even if you haven’t had to fly anywhere yesterday or today, you’re likely aware that there’s a large storm system currently duffing up air travel ...

California's Shameful Bail System Needs To Go
... Attorney says the charges are dropped, but all that cash you just dropped on the bail bondsman is gone. That is California's bail system, rigged ...

Short Interest in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Declines By 9.9%
American Trade Journal Short Interest in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Declines By 9.9% Dakota Financial News Cisco Systems logo Cisco Systems, ...

Value of remote power systems expected to total nearly US$200 billion from 2015-2024, says Navigant
... and nanogrids in an off-grid environment mirrors the dynamics in a grid-tied environment in developed industrial economies, where the systems ...