GW6.5 upgrade from 5.5 on SBS5.0

Will GW6.5 run on SBS5.0?  Docs all indicate 5.1 requirement, no mention
of the 5.0 platform
0
jerry
5/31/2005 10:17:49 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It will run it is just not supported by Novell in case you get problems. We
ran it on NetWare 4.11 for a while in order to able to upgrade.

Cheers,
Edward

<jerry@svcinc.com> wrote in message
> Will GW6.5 run on SBS5.0?  Docs all indicate 5.1 requirement, no mention
> of the 5.0 platform

0
Edward

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

upgrading to GW6.5 from 5.5
Is it recommended to have two domains before upgrading to 6.5? Setup one as the primary and another as secondary. Any good TIDs on doing this? The Domain is the first piece I need to upgrade right? Henry Lei wrote: > Is it recommended to have two domains before upgrading to 6.5? Setup one as > the primary and another as secondary. Any good TIDs on doing this? > > The Domain is the first piece I need to upgrade right? > Please post this in the groupwise forum. -- Andy Thompson Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No email support, thanks.) ...

Upgrade to 5.5.0.5
Hi, Does anyone have a guestimate date for the release of 5.5.0.5, and will it contain Power Dynamo 2.0? ken harkness I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05. They say 5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative. On Fri, 09 Jan 1998 12:40:51 -0500, "Jim Egan" <eganjp@compuserve.com> wrote: >I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05. They say >5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative. ..04 is now here. ftp.powersoft.com /pub2/pbuilder/maintfls/win/504 great, but: Why is it NOT in ...

upgrading to GW6.5 from 5.5
Is it recommended to have two domains before upgrading to 6.5? Setup one as the primary and another as secondary. Any good TIDs on doing this? The Domain is the first piece I need to upgrade right? One or two domains are up to you. I normally setup 2 if I have more than one server running GW agents I install a secondary domain on it. Yes you start at the PRIMARY domain to do an upgrade. You may want to get the upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Very good. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop ...

upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5
Hi, What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. Cheers Chito Hello, The maintenanace patches on the Web should be able to handle it. Regards, Raymond Kwong Sybase iAnywhere Solutions On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:39:19 -0400, 14/6/2001 wrote: > Hi, > > What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the > upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. > > Cheers > > Chito The v5505 maintenance release can be fo...

Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0
Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my GroupWise. I have been reading the install procedures, but there is always something unexpected that comes along. I am running NW 6.0.2 and GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server. I also have David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade this week end. I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA. Any tips out there that would save me a lot of problems. Thanks, Tim Well I dunno anything ab...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

groupwise 5.5 #5
any real world configs out there that i can read about and use for my setup? thanks z Zemi, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in the "free product support" drop down box. - You could also try po...

Major upgrade of 5.0 NW ang GroupWise 5.5
I appologize if this question has been asked before. I couldn't find it. We have 1 server running NW 5.0 and GW 5.5. We want to upgrade to the latest NW as well as GW. We want to split up NW and GW and have each run on a separate machine. A basic question I have is do I need to purchase NW 6.x 150 license for both machines? Thanks for your help. Peter The licensing on NW6.x (with 6.5 the latest version) is different. You will have to purchase a NetWare 6.5 user license for each user that will connect to the network (150?). Each user license gives you the abilit...

Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5 Upgrade
We are running a Novell 4.11 server currently with GW 5.5. We do not have any other use for the Novell server. I understand that eDirectory can be installed on a Win2k Server. Is there any documentation available that can explain how to migrate the NDS to eDirectory and GW 5.5 to 6.5? Thanks Tim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgeb...

Groupwise upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5
I upgraded my Netware server from 4.11 to netware 6.5.This server was also running my groupwise 5.5 enhancement pack with service pack 5. I actually created a duplicate nds on new server and grafted groupwise nds objects to the new tree,all of this worked except for Web access is down.What should I do at this point?I tried unsucessfully to get Webaccess going.Although I did go ahead and purchase an upgrade to groupwise 6.5.Should I try to get the webaccess up and running before I do the Webaccess upgrade or should I just proceed forward with the upgrade the after maybe webaccess w...

Web resources about - GW6.5 upgrade from 5.5 on SBS5.0 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube