GroupWise security

Hiya,

We have gw 6.5.1 and I have been asked to find some docs that describe how
GroupWise security works. Primary from an internal point a view as opposed
to sending stuff over the net.

I'm looking for details on communication between Clients, POA, MTAs and
WebAccess.

Thanks

Marcus

0
marcus
9/13/2004 10:47:38 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's pretty much all encrypted except for the last bit of plain text
files floating into the GWIA.

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

"Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message
> It's pretty much all encrypted except for the last bit of plain text
> files floating into the GWIA.
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
marcus

GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed.
This message appers after new installation on Win2000 client laptop. Novell 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5.4 is running on the server. -------------------------------------------------------------------- GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed. GroupWise-components can�t initz.. Run GroupWise intall or contact your admin. OK -------------------------------------------------------------------- Tryed to install again but no good. Tryed to delete some client registry and it works ONCE. After restart of GroupWise the same message appers. Also tryed to clean out all of the registry and files installed of GroupWise and reinstalled. don�t work either. Any one have any idees? Please any one, help! Joakim Wolger Waplans Mekaniska Verkstads AB Sweden I had the same problem last week. It�s the Windows Messaging System. You install it before the installation of GroupWise Client but something is faulty. I downloaded the latest Windows Messaging from Microsoft and it worked. Sebastian Download the client cleaner from www.nexic.com Run it to ensure that there is nothing left on the machine. Then run the WMS install (client\win32\wms\nt\us\) Then reinstall the GW client... And? On Mon, 30 May 2005 15:30:45 GMT, Joakim.Wolgers@Waplans.se wrote: >This message appers after new installation on Win2000 client laptop. >Novell 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5.4 is running on the server. >-------------------------------------------------------------...

GroupWise 7 views versus GroupWise 6x views
Regarding copying the GroupWise views to the post office directory (GroupWise 7 Installation Guide, page 222). GroupWise 7 includes new views for the GroupWise Windows client. When the POA starts, it updates the post office database and also attemps to update the client views in the post office directory.In a hospital setting we have several post offices and thousands of users, so we are upgrading in increments. Can these files remain as 6.2 views and changed later? Were can I find more documentation on this issue. Vivian Short I just done views update on my GW 7 system &...

Groupwise Install Error related to security??
Hello I am trying to install Groupwise 7 on a Novell 6 server. When I am prompted for the path of the software distribution directory, I fill in the mapped drive path and click next. The Groupwise install changes this to a UNC path and states the path is invalid. If I fill in the path to the the gwdom.dc file on the CD, the error message changes to say the directory may be invalid. A coworker browsed (not sure where or how) to the server and received an access denied error when trying view the server volume, yet the drive mapping has full control over the directory structure. I susp...

GroupWise: Disassociate GroupWise Attributes
Hi all, My customer has an IDVault (eDirectory) and an eDirectory with GroupWise in it. I created a few drivers that synchronise the users between the IDVault and eDirectory, and create mailboxes based on entitlements. This all works like a charm (including password-sync). What i did next: When a user is moved to an 'inactive' container in the IDVault, the user is deprovisioned in eDirectory (deleted). The GroupWise driver 'reformats' the operation from a 'delete' to a 'move', and moves the user to an 'Archive' postoffice. This works like a charm also. The only problem: When i look in the archive postoffice using ConsoleOne, the user still has the eDirectory link. I have to manually right click -> GroupWise Utilities -> GW / eDirectory association -> Disassociate GroupWise attributes. Is there a way to do this automatically with IDM? Thanks in advance. Raymond -- R_Lankreijer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ R, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs available. - You could also try posting your message again. Make s...

groupwise security
Hello, We tried to add security on our groupwise server by adding the high security using ssl on the post office. The problem hit when people with groupwise passwords different to their NDS passwords tried to log in to groupwise it came up with 'LDAP failure detected' Is there something were missing when trying to run ssl when authenticating through ldap ?? very stuck... Thanks here's a couple of TIDs to get you started... i've had this problem, but have not answered it yet... http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/100...

Groupwise Installation
Hi, I have one question, can we install groupwise on windows or Linux without eDirectory and install the eDirectory on a separate server. Thanks & Regards -- arfhan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arfhan, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the ...

Groupwise installation
I recently installed groupwise but for some reason i cannot log into it using the imanager. I dont know whats wrong. Also if you could give me a link that shows step by step on how to install the groupwise i would apprieciate it. Adrian 1. GW doesn't use iManager yet. 2. Step by step? www.novell.com/documentation -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are...

GroupWise for NetWare to GroupWise for Linux
I started a thread under agents (subject is Move Users to New GroupWise v6.5 For Linux) but it might fit better here. Has anyone installed GroupWise for Linux and moved GroupWise for NetWare users to the GroupWise for Linux system? If you have please post how you accomplished this. Thanks in advance. Yep - piece of cake. First, I went and got a program called convert-case (you could probably make a script for it, but I'm lazy). Shut the agents down, make sure no users can access the system. I moved the domain first. 1. Ran convert case on the domain directory...

Install Groupwise
Having terrible trouble installing Groupwise. I use it at work on a network and download it for use at home. This was quite successful with Win98 but I upgraded to XP to make it happier. Since then every time I attempt download the setup is unable to install properly and I end up with no Address Book, no ability to reply to messages and some kind of conflict with Outlook which wants to be the default mail handler. Now I have an incomplete download installed which I cannot uninstall due to a corrupt .dll file vital for uninstallation. What to do? Honestly? Rebuild the machine from s...

Security on Groupwise..
Dear All, I am fed up of our support people changing the security on the POA to low and leaving it without changing it to "High". Is there any way I can check who has done this change ? the loggin on the POA set to Verbose. Or is there are way to lock this, so that only certain people can change it ? Many Thanks for any help. Varuni CNE 6 No, sorry. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell ...

Autodeclines not being recieved Groupwise to Groupwise
Hi all, I have one user in our Network how can not recieve Decline notifications from other Groupwise users in the same network. I have tried updating the user to groupwise 8 HP2 and still nothing (we are not using HP3 just yet because our server is still running GW8 HP2). The user can recieve accepted notifications and they come through almost instantly but not the Decline notifications. I have tried decline with comment and decline without comment but still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rudi -- rudigreeff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Most likely an issue with his malbox Contents check on that user first. Then we would have to start looking at things such as "Rest client options" or at the worst case, archiving everything, removing the user, recreating the user with the same original FID and then restoring the data. First things first though - contents check T On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:46:01 GMT, rudigreeff <rudigreeff@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: > >Hi all, > >I have one user in our Network how can not recieve Decline >notifications from other Groupwise users in the same network. I have >tried updating the user to groupwise 8 HP2 and still nothing (we are not >using HP3 just yet because our server is still running GW8 HP2). The >user can recieve accepted notifications and they come through almost >...

Groupwise Security
My mail server has both a public and private link. it is open to the internet which poses a security threat. How can i secure the groupwise mail server? thanks. Hi, gax wrote: > > My mail server has both a public and private link. it is open to the > internet which poses a security threat. How can i secure the groupwise > mail server? Hmm. Do you *need* or *want* Groupwise to be accessible from the Internet or not? If not, then the answer is, "with a firewall". CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Product Support Forum Sysop No emails please! http://w...

GroupWise 6.0 to GroupWise ?
I am running GroupWise 6.0 and was wondering when Novell will stop posting updates for this product. Things seem to be running great but my boss is wondering, so I have to ask. Just wondering, ken@rlmrlm.com GroupWIse 6.0 is no longer supported. I doubt you will see any updates for 6.0. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop "A bicycle cannot stand alone because it is two tired." > GroupWIse 6.0 is no longer supported. I doubt you will see any updates > for 6.0. > > -- > Timothy Leerhoff > Novell Support Forum Volunt...

GroupWise to GroupWise send fail
Hello, I have a interesting situation. I have a GroupWise 7 server on the internal segment of my firewall which is our corporate email system. I also have a GroupWise 8 server in the dmz. I need to have the ability to send mail from our corporate server to the dmz server. I can send from the dmz to the corporate because of the firewall rules. However the firewall will not allow the send to happen from the corporate to the dmz. Is there a way I can send to the dmz server without modifing our firewall rules? -- immecor ---------------------------------------------------...

Groupwise install
Keith, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in...

GroupWise install
Hello, I'm a new adminstrator in a small company after many years of retirement. I'd like to install and test GroupWise. After some looking, I can't seem to find GW on 3.5" floppy. If the latest version is not available on floppy, I can still do my tests version 6.x. Thanks in advance. Floppy? If you want to down load a trial version of GroupWise you need to go to http://download.novell.com This will allow you to download 2 ISO images that you can burn onto a pair of CDs These you can use to install a GW system on a NW or a Windows server. Have a goo...

Installation of Groupwise
We are a small firm of 11 users (mostly remote) and are planning to install Groupwise 7 with Netware 6.5 most recent service release. We are using an outside vendor to install it. They estimated that it would take 100 hours to do the job. This includes installing GWAVA AND WASP. I have nothing by which to measure whether their estimate of hours it will take seems reasonable or not. I would appreciate any feedback as to what your experience has been. I assume that this is a small biz setup from scratch. Installing the server afresh with all the twists etc. and unpacking...

After GroupWise 8 client install, got "Security warning"
I ran cleanit.exe and then run the GroupWise client setup.exe to install GroupWise 8 client on Windows XP SP3 PC. The first time I run GW8 client, I got the "Security warning" message if I should trust the certificate. I never saw this message on GW 7 client install. Is there a way I can skip this warning on GW8 client? Thanks in advance. Wilson -- wilsonhandy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wilson, I have never seen this on any of our XP sp3 installs. Rick >>> wilsonhandy<wilsonhandy@no-mx.forums...

Groupwise driver trigger events from groupwise
I have build a driver which syncs the user's Preferred Email ID; (50319) from groupwise to an attribute in the vault. I have set the filter to sync this attribute both ways. When I change the Preferred Email address in groupwise the driver is not triggered at all, so nothing is synced to eDir. When I do a migrate of the user the attribute is then synced properly. Is this true that the groupwise driver is not triggered by changes in groupwise? And if yes; is there any way to overcome this? -- http://www.it-vision.nl ------------------------------------------------------...

GroupWise System
Ok. 'Just Migrated our GW 6.5 system from a NW 5.1 O/S to NW 6.5 . . . I gave the TEMP Tree a different Container Object name of "Grpwise", instead of "Grpwise6" (since we are intending to upgrade to GW8--and I wasn't sure if it mattered with the TEMP Tree, anyway). So, the system went over well. I reinstalled the Agents and copied over the Configuration Files. All Agents are working normally. HOWEVER, the Container "Grpwise" now appears under our normal Tree, instead of "Grpwise6". In ConsoleOne, if I right-click the Objects...

Outlook Connector for GroupWise vs. GroupWise
I've seen the feature comparison between Outlook over Exchange, Outlook over GroupWise, and Outlook over Notes, but I can't seem to find a comparison between Outlook over GroupWise and the standard GroupWise client. Basically, I'm trying to find out what a user would lose by using the Outlook connector instead of staying with the GroupWise client. I believe the whole proxy functionality is foreign to Outlook, and I don't know how shared calendars compare; these are a couple of things I need to know. Does anyone know more, or have a link I can go to? Thanks, R...

Migrating from Groupwise Netware to Groupwise Windows?
Hello All: I have a Groupwise 5.5 system on Netware 5.1SP8, I wish to migrate my Groupwise 5.5 system to Groupwise 7.0 on a Microsoft Windows 2003 system. Is there a how to for this type of migration. Thanks for time. Thierry www.caledonia.net Have a look at the GroupWise 7.0 upgrade guide. On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:46:23 GMT, thierry.sempey@bell.ca wrote: >Hello All: > >I have a Groupwise 5.5 system on Netware 5.1SP8, I wish to migrate my >Groupwise 5.5 system to Groupwise 7.0 on a Microsoft Windows 2003 system. >Is there a how to for this type of mig...

Outlook Connector for GroupWise vs. GroupWise
I've seen the feature comparison between Outlook over Exchange, Outlook over GroupWise, and Outlook over Notes, but I can't seem to find a comparison between Outlook over GroupWise and the standard GroupWise client. Basically, I'm trying to find out what a user would lose by using the Outlook connector instead of staying with the GroupWise client. I believe the whole proxy functionality is foreign to Outlook, and I don't know how shared calendars compare; these are a couple of things I need to know. Does anyone know more, or have a link I can go to? (Or another ...

Switching from Firefox to Groupwise kills Groupwise
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Switching from Firefox to Groupwise kills Groupwise Comments: Our company uses Groupwise as an email system (ie I have to use it) and I have used Firefox at the same time without problems until I downloaded 3.5.2 - now Groupwise messages if opened while Firefox is active will flash repeatedly, slow down/freeze the computer, and eventually Groupwise will quit. As older versions of Firefox did not cause this problem, it seems to be something that has happened as a result of upgrades. Groupwise has not changed (since the Dark Ages ;). Browser De...

Web resources about - GroupWise security - novell.groupwise.6x.install

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...