Groupwise 6.5 with groupwise 6

Hi,

I am currently setting up a test groupwise 6.5 server to evaluate the
product.  I would like to connect it to our current groupwise 6 server to
allow sending and recieving of email across our whole company.  I don't
want to impact on our live server (groupwise 6).  What would be the best
way to get the two running together with the lease impact on the live
system.  BTW - the 6.5 server is in its own test tree.

Cheers

Michael Penney
Serco Assurance
0
michael
2/6/2004 11:28:29 AM
📁 novell.groupwise.6x.install
📃 6728 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 251 Views

michael.penney@sercoassurance.com wrote:

> I am currently setting up a test groupwise 6.5 server to evaluate the
> product.  I would like to connect it to our current groupwise 6 server to
> allow sending and recieving of email across our whole company.  I don't
> want to impact on our live server (groupwise 6).  What would be the best
> way to get the two running together with the lease impact on the live
> system.  BTW - the 6.5 server is in its own test tree.

About the only thing you can do is set up a completely separate GW6.5 system
and send messages between them via external domain functionality. You cannot
simply add a 6.5 post office to the existing system, for example, because
the above all the *primary* domain must be upgraded to 6.5 before any 6.5
POs can exist within a system.
--
Jim
NSC SYsop