GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?

Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a
temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...

THANKS!

📁 novell.groupwise.6x.install
📃 6728 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 427 Views

should be ok

order of upgrade

pri domain
other domains/post offices
clients
gateways

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

"R Carroll" <rcarroll@cspinc.com> wrote in message

> Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a
> temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
> clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
> function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...
>
> THANKS!

0
Michael
2/20/2004 7:48:03 PM
Wait a minute? How do we upgrade "clients" before "gateways"? We have to
have GWIA reinstalled and up and running right away. Or did I misunderstand?
By the way, we have just one Domain, one PO... GWIA, and over 100 clients...

THANKS!

"Michael Bell" <mikebellno90spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> should be ok
>
> order of upgrade
>
> pri domain
> other domains/post offices
> clients
> gateways
>

> --
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> specifically identified as such.
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>
> "R Carroll" <rcarroll@cspinc.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for
> > temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
> > clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
> > function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...
> >
> > THANKS!

Ok, but

a) old gwia works with 6.5
b) new gwia cannot do pop/imap with old pos

which is why the order recommended. It's fine otherwise to switch em

--

> Wait a minute? How do we upgrade "clients" before "gateways"? We have to
> have GWIA reinstalled and up and running right away. Or did I
misunderstand?
> By the way, we have just one Domain, one PO... GWIA, and over 100
clients...

> THANKS!
>

> "Michael Bell" <mikebellno90spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > should be ok
> >
> > order of upgrade
> >
> > pri domain
> > other domains/post offices
> > clients
> > gateways
> >

> > --
> > Michael J. Bell
> > Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> > Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
> >
> > PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> > I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
> >
> > All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> > specifically identified as such.
> >
> > Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> > Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> > http://support.novell.com/enhancement
> >
> > "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> > for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> > turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
> >
> > Johnny Cash (RIP)
> >
> > "R Carroll" <rcarroll@cspinc.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay
for
> > > temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
> > > clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
> > > function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...
> > >
> > > THANKS!

0
Michael