groupwise 5.5 on netware [to] groupwise 6.5 on windows

Hello all,

I am trying to search everywhere I can to find someone with the same setup
as I'm encountering and looking for any type of documenation available on
this subject and I can't find it.

Can anyone here help me in the direction I need to go with this?  I have a
netware/groupwise 5.5 machine and I want to move this to a new groupwise
6.5 domain on a windows 2003 box.  How can I migrate this over?  I see
options for migrating from netware to netware using the migration tool and
also see some links on migrating netware to linux but not to windows?

Anyone help?

Thanks!
0
lee
9/6/2005 3:01:30 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Copy your domain and post office directory structures to your windows server
and then run the new 6.5 agents against the databases. This will upgrade the
databases. Before  you run the agents make sure that you check the dc files.
Sometimes they are not copied over correctly.

Launhc ConsoleOne and make sure that the correct ip address and unc paths
are being displayed in the poa and mta objects.

Cheers,
Edward

<lee@ammocomp.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to search everywhere I can to find someone with the same setup
> as I'm encountering and looking for any type of documenation available on
> this subject and I can't find it.
>
> Can anyone here help me in the direction I need to go with this?  I have a
> netware/groupwise 5.5 machine and I want to move this to a new groupwise
> 6.5 domain on a windows 2003 box.  How can I migrate this over?  I see
> options for migrating from netware to netware using the migration tool and
> also see some links on migrating netware to linux but not to windows?
>
> Anyone help?
>
> Thanks!

0
Edward

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

GroupWise 5.5.5 under Netware 6.5
I have not been able to get my Groupwise snapins back since I upgraded my Groupwise server to Netware 6.5. Is there any way to do this? Recopy the snapins from the SDD Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ I got an error before, but this time it worked. Thanks. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.1a495f6d48d9516ce6@support-forums.novell.com... > Recopy the snapins from the SDD > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] ...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5
Can anyone here tell me how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5? Thanks. It's not too difficult, but probably too much for here. Take a look at the e-guide at www.valedonia.net. -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless requested please!! *** Or even www.caledonia.net Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ That one too I suppose<g>. Thanks:-) -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless reques...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 server clients
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server only hold...

Groupwise 6.5 client with Groupwise 5.5 server?
Is it possible to run Groupwise 6.5 clients with Groupwise 5.5 server? Reason why I'm asking is that there are 160 clients and I'd rather install Groupwise 6.5 client first then upgrade the Groupwise 5.5 server to Groupwise 6.5. Thanks Sorry, but no. It does however works the other way around -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Be a GroupWiseR...

Groupwise webaccess (6.5) and Groupwise 5.5.4
Dear All, We still using GW 5.5.4 and hoping to upgrade to GW 6.5 early next year. One of the first things we have been asked to do (by the MAnagers) is to get Webaccess working. Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i.e Can we get away with installing Webaccess first and then migrating the MTA/POAs ? Will there be a client functionality difference between 5.5. webaccess and 6.5. I know there was no proxy in 5.5 ?? Many Thanks for any help. Varuni CNE6 varuniw@hotmail.com wrote: > Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i....

Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 6.5
Is there any reason why I can't run Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 6.5? Has anyone done this and are there any problems\things to be aware of. As far as I am aware there is no reason why it should not work, but this would not be supported so please test it first! Tim On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:37:32 GMT, simon@nospam.com wrote: >Is there any reason why I can't run Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 6.5? Has >anyone done this and are there any problems\things to be aware of. > No Direct e-Mail Please! -- **************** Tim Heywood Independent Consultant S...

Groupwise 5.5 and Netware 6.5
Groupwise 5.5 - webaccess (plus POA, MTA and GWIA) is running on server A. Novonyx web server is running on Server B (netware 5.1). I have upgraded server A to 6.5. No issues with Groupwise. To upgrade server B to netware 6.5, which services should I install apart from basic. Or any procedures? To access via web anything changes? Thanks Kumar Personally, I always install everything, and rem-out the ones I don't need. That way, they do get patches, but is available if needed later -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Foru...

Groupwise 5.5 to groupwise 6.5 migration on new server
I have an existing Netware 4.11 / Groupwise 5.5 server that I wish to move to a new server. I'm planning on running the novell migration utility that will migrate all user data to the new server along with the groupwise data files. But do I simply install Groupwise 6.5 and the install will upgrade the 5.5 database to 6.5 or do I need to move the groupwise data then install 5.5 on the new server and finally install 6.5 on the new server? Thanks Upgrade first, make sure it is all good and then do the move. This way your not fighting 2 fires when things go wrong. Ch...

groupwise 5.5 server groupwise 5.5 client multipule mails
i have a user that is getting the same e-mail from a cient she has. she's getting socres of the same e-mail. i made her logout of groupwise. i also see other mail disappear as this multipule e-mails come in. anyway i can stop this. this client's e-mail address is legit. I don't want her mailbox to crash please help regards, harry Harryste, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following opti...

GroupWise 5.5, WebAccess and Netware 6.5
We are upgrading our servers from Netware 4.11 to 6.5. We are trying to get webaccess 5 to work under Netware 6.5 with Apache2 and Tomcat. We have the server set up, apache2 and tomcat seem to work fine (we can get to the netware 6.5 page from internet explorer). We install webaccess 5 with no errors and it loads up on our server with no problems. We then tried webaccess and the main page is still the netware 6.5 page, the webaccess page is not displaying. We copied and moved some files around and are able to get to a page where we select the language, we select English (only opti...

groupwise 5.5 to 6 under netware 5.0
Is it possible to upgrade groupwise 5.5 to 6 running on netware 5.0? has anyone done this? if so, what are the required steps to prepare a single 5.0 server for this upgrade? where can I find the patch file to start? Thanks Yes, GW6.5 was originally supported on 5.0 and I know of nothing that will stop this upgrade. I would however ask you to start thinking of upgrading to ensure that you are able to run Sequoia when it is released... On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 04:25:23 GMT, david.polo@dojuknow.com wrote: >Is it possible to upgrade groupwise 5.5 to 6 running on netware 5.0?...

Groupwise 5.5 library on Netware 6.5
Does anyone know of any issues running Groupwise 5.5 libraries when Groupwise is sat on Netware 6.5 No, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid prod...

Web resources about - groupwise 5.5 on netware [to] groupwise 6.5 on windows - novell.groupwise.6x.install

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...