Understanding 504 Error message

--------------020009050604090304020507

When sending mail to a specific user I get the error message
"Response: 504 DNS verification of sending machine failed: no mail
will
    be accepted"

Go to the knowledge base and find TID 10055382

It says "The MX record had the incorrect "Name=' in the "Answer
Section"
and "Additional Records Section."

"Correct the MX record "Name=' in the "Answer Section" and "Additional

Records Section."

What is it telling me to do, is this a hhange in the GWIA section or
do
I need to make a DNS Entry change

--------------020009050604090304020507

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
When sending mail to a specific user I get the error message <br>
"Response: 504 DNS verification of sending machine failed: no mail
will &nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;be accepted"<br>
Go to the knowledge base and find TID 10055382<br>
"Answer
Section" and "Additional Records Section." <br>
"Correct the MX record "Name=' in the "Answer Section" and "Additional
Records
What is it telling me to do, is this a hhange in the GWIA section or
do I
need to make a DNS Entry change<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>

--------------020009050604090304020507--

0
Pete
6/9/2003 3:14:03 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Most likely your reverse dns in-addr.arpa is missing. Only the company
that
owns your ip address can fix this.

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's
unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"Pete Watters" <petew@csmicorp.com> wrote in message
> When sending mail to a specific user I get the error message
> "Response: 504 DNS verification of sending machine failed: no mail
will
>     be accepted"
>
> Go to the knowledge base and find TID 10055382
>
> It says "The MX record had the incorrect "Name=' in the "Answer
Section"
> and "Additional Records Section."
>
> "Correct the MX record "Name=' in the "Answer Section" and
"Additional
> Records Section."
>
> What is it telling me to do, is this a hhange in the GWIA section or
do
> I need to make a DNS Entry change

0
Michael

Error message I do not understand
Time to time I get this message on my server: "Received an unexpected decline packet identifying address XXX.XXX.XX.XXX or the address failed a ping test." Can anyone tell me what this means? It's always the same IP address and it's never logged in. Chucky, > "Received an unexpected decline packet identifying address > XXX.XXX.XX.XXX > or the address failed a ping test." > > Can anyone tell me what this means? It's always the same IP address and > it's never logged in. > That means that the DHCP server is going to h...

GroupWise Error Message
I am in ConsoleOne and I tried to change the phone number of one of the users. I got the following Groupise error message: "an error occured modifying an attribute value. Bad parameter (D109)" I cancelled , but the change was operated in NWadmin, in Consoleone but not in the GW Address Book Also when I clicked on tools/GroupWise Diagnostics/Display Object, The information in the GDS did not show the new phone number. How can I do it right ? Thanks Odavidov, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and ...

How to understand this message on an error ??
ZCMagent 10.3.3 XP_SP3 Always see this errors: .... BUNDLE.UnknownExceptionOccurred: An Unknown exception occurred trying to process task: System.TypeInitializationException: ????????????? ???? "Novell.Zenworks.MDStatus.StatusLibrary" ????? ??????????. ---> Novell.Zenworks.Cache.Sqlite.SqliteException: Sqlite Error: 14 .... How and what repair ?? Serg -- skoltogyan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Skoltogyan, Does TID 7009494 help? -- Shaun Pond No... All Bundles have number > 2 !! -...

Looking for error message documentation for CORBA error message
I am getting the error message: Error: CORBA System Exception: CORBA_BAD_OPERATION at line ...and can not seem to find any documentation on what changed or where to look. In the past when I have had the CORBA System Exceptions there is something logged in the svr.log but now I am getting nothing but the activate and deactivate entries. Thanks for the help. Scott Swafford BAD_OPERATION normally means you called a method that is not legal. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Scott Swafford" <sdswaffo@maplewoodsoftware> wrote in message news:yXYkE...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

FWD: Re: proliferation of error messages, sample of error messages
John, Here is a representative sample of the error output. Most of it has to do with DBI. But then it will generate a whole bunch of purely perl error messages about undefined variables, etc. However, while it is doing all of this, the application appears to be doing exactly what it is supposed to do! [Fri May 04 07:52:24 2007] [error] [client 63.92.219.234] <- dbd_st_execute 0 rows, referer: http://pin51.ucdavis.edu/EnterSample.pl? Login=tjmajcherek [Fri May 04 07:52:24 2007] [error] [client 63.92.219.234] <- execute, referer: http://pin51.ucdav...

Cannot understand dbping error message
Am using dbping -c "dsn=testdsn" -d -z in a batch file and checking the errorlevel if everything was OK. This job is run every 15 mins. It has happened in few instances the dbping returns errorlevel 1 with following error output <<<<< Connected to ASA Engine version 9.0.2.3137 Connected to the server, attempting to connect to a running database... Database is running, but could not connect to it Client disconnected >>>>> Any idea what this means ? Checked the database server console logs / dblogs and could not find anything abnormal on the...

GWIA Syntax error messages
I am unable to send mail to one specific domain. The following error messages are logged each and every time I try: 08-27-04 13:17:52 11 DMN: MSG 18 Sending file: GWISE6/MAIL:\HOMDOM\WPGATE\GWIA\send\p12f3480.004 08-27-04 13:17:53 11 DMN: MSG 18 Connected to mail.victoryjunction.org 08-27-04 13:17:53 11 DMN: MSG 18 Send Failure: 421 5.5.2 Syntax error (command line too long) 08-27-04 13:17:53 11 DMN: MSG 18 Connection was terminated 08-27-04 13:18:22 0 MSG 19 Analyzing result file: GWISE6/MAIL:\HOMDOM\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r12f3480.004 08-27-04 13:18:22 0 MSG 19 Command: vic...

GroupWise error message D039
I have a user getting this error when she tries to modify an appointment on here computer in GroupWise. Easy fix just go an delete the rofdata folder on her remote but she does not have a remote.. o.O I have ran a Structure, Index check, Content, and Fix problems on the user's database with no errors. Anything else you can think of that I should try? wemanuel@oceaneering.com wrote: > I have a user getting this error when she tries to modify an appointment > on here computer in GroupWise. Easy fix just go an delete the rofdata > folder on her remote but she does not ...

Trying to Understand An Error Message
Hello, I have Perl/CGI script that work fine but for the fact that it logs a message in the error log file. The message is: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at... Despite the message, the script does what it is supposed to do. I would like to know if this message is a harmless message or is it something that needs to be investigated and found a solution for? Thanks. Akbar Ehsan Internet Services Coordinator Central Office Ivy Tech Community College 9301 E. 59th St. Indianapolis, IN 46216 Phone: 1 317 921-4872 ----- Original Message ----- F...

Internal error message in Groupwise
There is one end user who is receiving the following error on an intermittant basis: "Internal error, address book deinitialization function never called by parent application" It closes her out of Groupwise where she then reboots her PC and gets back in. I had uninstalled and reinstalled her Groupwise and Windows Messenging for a MAPI issue 2 weeks ago and she appeared to be fine until now. She may get this error about 1-2 times one day and not see it again for a few days. Sometimes it is when she opens email and other times it is when deleting email, but it is...

Groupwise Message Error on Mailbox
Hi.. I have a user with groupwise 5.5 client... he has this error Message.. Groupwise has encountered a problem with your mailbox. Groupwise can rebuild your mailbox to avoid further problems. Rebuild now (this may take several minutes) ? YES NO CANCEL I just click YES bottom, and I leave it for more than 10 hrs.. and doesn`t do anything.. Can anyone have any solution to this problem? Thanks for your time to read my email.. Regards.. RTL Rtamez, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That con...

GWIA not transferring error messages
The bottom line: My GroupWise users are not getting returned error messages to notify them of failures. I have a production and test GroupWise system. In both networks, the MTA and GWIA are on a single server (Novell 6.5sp5). GroupWise 7.0.2HP1a is running on both (this is an issue that was around way before any recent updrades though). In the test system, if I send a message to a nonexistent yahoo account, I'll receive (in my inbox) a notification that the delivery failed. If I do the same thing in my production GroupWise system, the delivery status message does pr...

gwia stats showing read errors but errors not seen in gwia logs
Hi - we are using Groupwise 6.0.4 and Novell 5.01. We changed out outgoing mail to hosted mail symantec.net for outbound virus scanning. Since doing that we are seeing lots of 420 TCP Read Errors. So far we have increased our send /receive counts/ increased the Timeout settings / swapped our hardware / flushed our ip's / changed some firewall settings. Now we do not see 420 Errors in the logs but the counter stats indicate that Read Errors are happening. Has anyone got any ideas on why these errors show in console and not in logs? thanks very much, Susie H...

Web resources about - Understanding 504 Error message - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

'The Force Awakens' stars reveal if they would leave Earth for Star Wars universe
Mashable's Chris Taylor stopped the stars of 'The Force Awakens' and previous 'Star Wars' films whether they'd be willing to leave the comfort ...

Apple Working on Scalable 3D Touch Technology for Future iPads and iPhones
Apple is working on next-generation pressure-sensing display technology that will work on screen sizes as large as the iPad Pro, reports AppleInsider ...

The Last Pieces of the Destroyed Twin Towers Are Leaving New York City
The memorial is finished, the tower replacing it is occupied, and the museum is open—for better or for worse. Today, several of the largest remaining ...

Tuesday Night News: ‘Divanation’, Dude Wipes, Derek Jeter’s Underwear, Los Angeles, Nyle DiMarco
READING ROOM. Amy Schumer, Bryan Cranston, Kristen Wiig, Elizabeth Banks, Joel Egerton, Rooney Mara, Brie Larson, Greta Gerwig, Paul Dano, Saoirse ...

Google is working with Australian banks for Android Pay launch
Google's announcement today that Android Pay is getting a major update brought with it the news that the mobile payment service is coming to ...

Uber and Lyft drivers can now form unions in Seattle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , UAW/Unions , Smartphone , Technology The Seattle City Council voted unanimously to allow drivers for ...

Clinton outlines five-point plan to take on Islamic State
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton on Tuesday outlined how she would stop homegrown terrorist ...

Jury Deadlocked in Freddie Gray Manslaughter Trial
On Tuesday, Judge Barry Williams told jurors to keep deliberating in the trial of William Porter for the death of Freddie Gray after they sent ...

Grooveshark clone slammed with damages in lost court case
Following the original Grooveshark’s demise, a cloned version of the service was brought to life in early May of this year, just a few days after ...

Russian capsule docks safely at International Space Station
A Russian spacecraft carrying three astronauts from the United States, Britain and Russia has docked successfully at the International Space ...