XP 64 bit and GroupWise 32 bit client

Can anyone tell me if the GroupWise 6.5.x Windows client will run on
Windows XP 64 bit OP.

Thanks..
Nigel
0
Nigel
2/14/2006 5:19:41 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Probably not. It certainly ain't supported.

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

"Nigel Goddard" <Nigel.Goddard@newcastle.edu.au> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me if the GroupWise 6.5.x Windows client will run on
> Windows XP 64 bit OP.
>
> Thanks..
> Nigel

0
Michael

32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S
We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're moving that client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system. Is there any advantage to switching to the 64-bit Sybase client? I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is 12.5 64-bit running on a 64-bit O/S. TIA only if you client app needs the extra memory "Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170712581.822225.158160@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're > moving that > ...

Groupwise client and Windows XP 64 bit
Seems Novell doesn't have a 64 bit client for Windows yet, so we must use the Native File Access NFA to access the Netware volumes. How does one run the Groupwise 6.5 SP5 client without the Netware Windows Client for XP x64? Thanks John wrote: > How does one run the Groupwise 6.5 SP5 client without the Netware Windows > Client for XP x64? The GroupWise client is not dependent on the NetWare client, except for single-signon. That said, I've no idea if the current Win32 client runs on WinXP64... probably not, due to MAPI stuff. -- Jim NSC SYsop T...

Is there/Will there be a version of GroupWise client for XP Pro 64-bit?
--____PXKJBSHLWZSZJHCDJYTJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 14 Jan 2008 03:43:02 -0600" SXMgdGhlcmUvV2lsbCB0aGVyZSBiZSBhIHZlcnNpb24gb2YgR3JvdXBXaXNlIGNsaWVudCBmb3Ig WFAgUHJvIDY0LWJpdD8= --____PXKJBSHLWZSZJHCDJYTJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____JDXYTGTJQUTIEYFOYJYN____" --____JDXYTGTJQUTIEYFOYJYN____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 14 Jan 20...

Groupwise 5.5 32-bit client crashes on Win XP
I receive "Novell Grouwise 32-bit Windows client has encountered a problem & needs to close" opening up Groupwise then have the old option of 'sending the report to Microsoft' I have uninstalled and cleaned the groupwise as well as uninstalling and re-installing Windows Messaging. Anyone have any ideas? Ron, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search...

32 bit vs 64 bit server / client
Hello, Is upgrading a server from 32bit to 64bit (solaris 9) as easy as starting the 64bit server with the same database devices ? Does open client 64bit connects to a 32bit ASE server ? (sorry if these are easy questions, but I'm short on time to search for the answers) Thanks, Luc. > Is upgrading a server from 32bit to 64bit (solaris 9) as > easy as starting the 64bit server with the same database > devices ? This is method 3 of the 3 methods described in : http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1012280 > Does open client 64bit connects to a 32bit A...

64 bit Groupwise Client support?
I was searching the forums for information on the above topic and found the following post back from Jan 2008. <quote> No and no. Vista 64 and Server 2003 64 are both supported, however. -- Joe Marton Novell Support Forum SysOp Novell does not officially monitor these forums! http://forums.novell.com/ </quote> Can someone steer me in the direction of documentation supporting the above scenario? We recently required new 64 bit workstations and have been forced to run VM's with XP 32 bit in order to get groupwise working. Most of what I've found says runni...

Groupwise 7 client for 64 bit
Is there currently or planned to be a 64 bit client of Groupwise for Windows? Before anyone asks or tells me that you dont need this, little gain, etc. The reason I am wanting this is for our terminal server environment. I can run 3-4 times as many users per Citrix PS 4.5 server in 64 bit versus 32 bit. The current Groupwise 7.1 and 7.2 clients install, but blow up when you execute it. Any ideas? On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:24:18 +0000, Sysadmin wrote: > Is there currently or planned to be a 64 bit client of Groupwise for > Windows? I don't believe there are...

Mobilink on 32-bit clients and 64-bit sync server
My admins are asking if we can upgrade the systems that our sync servers run on to a 64-bit OS. We are currently in a 9.0.2.3557 environment and are working on upgrading our clients to 11.0.1.2452. The sync servers and clients are on Windows Server 2003. The clients will remain on 32-bit for a little while yet, but I know they want to start using 64-bit for them as well. 1) Is 9.0.2.3557 64-bit ready? 2) Does it matter if the sync server is on 64-bit architecture and the clients are on 32-bit for either 9 or 11? 3) Does it matter if the clients are on 64-bit before the sync se...

Groupwise 7 client 64 bit for Windows?
Is there a 64 bit version of the Groupwise 7 client for Windows XP x64? Thanks nope. and it's not supported. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at http://support.novell.c...

64 bits Groupwise 8 client for Linux
Is there a 64 bit GroupWise client for Linux? I've been searching on Novell site and did not find any mention of 64 bit client. -- santosh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe there is only one linux client, and it works with both 32 and 64bit arch. Regards, Brent -- rbalcorn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 11/17/2010 11:36 AM, rbalcorn wrote: > > I believe there is only one linux client, and it works with both 32 and > 64bit arch. > > Rega...

64 Bit Netware Clients, Inc Groupwise
Hi All We beta testing a 64 bit platform with windows, I need 64 bit clients for Netware, Console1, and Groupwise. Can anyone help???? Please There are none from Novell thatare even in beta yet that I know of. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com What sort of platform -- what version of Windows? The current 32bit products should work. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop None exist. If you are beta testing AMD Windows, the GW 32 bit client should work ok. I suspect C1 would be ok, except for the obvious fact that I ...

64 bit client communicating with 32 bit Interbase 2007 server
Hi, I have the following set up: 1. Interbase 2007 server on a 32 bit computer(XP) 2. A java client application (2 versions : one for 32 bit(interclient for 32 bit) and one for 64 bit(interclient for 64 bit)) 3.DataDirect ODBC driver When I try to connect from 64 bit client(have tried it with both 32bit and 64bit version) to the server I get the following error: Chained exception: java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException: [interclient][interbas e]Unable to complete network request to host "java.net.ConnectException: Connect ion refused: connect". ...

Pros vs Cons of 32-bit vs 64-bit OpenServer and Client
We are using 32-bit OpenServer 12.0 but want to upgrade to 12.5. Since O/S is 64-bit Solaris 8 we would like to go 64-bit with OpenServer 12.5. Our ASE 12.5 is 32-bit, though. Is OS 12.5, 64-bit stable, and should there be any problems working with a 32-bit database? On 4 Jun 2004 08:14:39 -0700, Ed Rutkowski wrote: 32 bit will always be faster and smaller. Only use 64 bit if you have address space requirements that exceed the 32 address space. 32 bit has been around much longer, I would think you might run into an isolated 64 bit addressing problem that was not caught in the...

Groupwise 8 client and Windows 7 64-bit
Anybody have any information as to whether the Groupwise 8 sp1 client will work on 64-bit Windows 7? If not, are there plans for it to work in the future? Client appears to work absolutely fine in 32-bit Windows 7 environment. Thanks. Don -- djhess ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:16:02 +0000, djhess wrote: > Anybody have any information as to whether the Groupwise 8 sp1 client > will work on 64-bit Windows 7? It does. -- Joe Marton Novell Knowledge Partner Super! Just instal...

Web resources about - XP 64 bit and GroupWise 32 bit client - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...