Remote Mode vs. Online Mode

How do I prevent the remote users using the Online Mode and eating up the
bandwidth?

0
Kauko
7/2/2004 6:34:44 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Kauko,

I don't know that you can really.  You could try to do "live remote" from an MTA and block the POA from the outside I guess.

--
Danita Zanre
Novell Volunteer Sysop

0
Danita

mode Remote vs. mode Duplex
I want to call MacPerl from an AppleScript but have it return control to the script immediately. I don't ever want to hear from the Perl script again -- I just want MacPerl to do its thing in the background. Which mode for the Do Script command do I want -- Remote or Duplex? Or does it not matter in this simple case? * * * As a side note, I don't see any documentation in the 5.6.1 distributation regarding the AppleScript interface. In the old 5.2.0r4 distribution, there was a file named MacPerl.Frontend which briefly covered this. Am I missing something, or should I sha...

Cache mode vs Online Mode
Howdy, i was thinking about switching my users over to Cache Mode. But if say a user has a Cache Mode running on their Laptop, and say the Laptop goes for a FALL and is scrap metal, is there a Copy of that Users Mailbox on the Server? I guess im asking: If the Laptop is irrecoverable, Can they log in through say "web Access" and access all of their Emails (as a temporary fix until i imamge a new PC for them?" Does Cache mode allow this? If so, how? is it by default, or is there some configuaration? thanks = ] bruce.wayne@b.w wrote in news:P0oYe.5035$...

Cache Mode vs Remote Mode
Howdy, Can someone please explain the difference between "Cache Mode" and "Remote Mode" for the Groupwise client? I believe that 'Cache Mode' downloads a copy of everything in your mailbox (email, calendar, addressbook) and stores it on your local drive. I understand that the GWclient will also automatically sync with the server every 5-10 minutes as well. This way, the user can still have access to their mailbox, even if the server goes offline. (or if the user Lost their network connection, etc). If all of this is 'Cache Mode', then what...

Remote mode Vs. Cache Mode
What's the main difference between these modes? And Advantages and Disvantages? Caching mode stores all messages in hard drive, and remote mode stores only the period an things I set up. Is there any difference? -- Fabio Martins OS/CN Analyst http://fabiomartins.net Fabio Martins wrote: > Caching mode stores all messages in hard drive, and remote mode stores > only the period an things I set up. Is there any difference? Caching mode is a "full" copy of what you have in the master. Remote can be just a subset (for example, last two weeks). For...

caching mode vs. remote mode
I am not sure I am clear on the differences between caching mode vs. remote mode. Except that in Caching you could easliy use that in the office to cut down on network traffic, whereas you would not do that with remote. I don't know how to explain this since I find "hit the road" so darn easy it's silly, but, I have users, very high up, who just seem to have problems all the time. Get's his remote and live copy out of sync, can't seem to figure out why, seems his password is always getting goofy on one end or the other. I don't know what he...

remote mode (hit the road) vs caching mode
--____OEGACQYHMEMEDBKWXFUN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone explain the difference between these two to me? Thanks. Mark --____OEGACQYHMEMEDBKWXFUN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____ZRUOGACHIVWLUDEWQUZG____" --____ZRUOGACHIVWLUDEWQUZG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1"= > <META content=3D"M...

Groupwise Client online mode off site
Hello Currently we use the groupwise client internally at our location in online mode and the address specified is our internal address. We currently use webaccess for off site access. I just wanted to clarify if it is possible to use the groupwise client off site by specifying the servers external ip address / domain name. If so what if any ports on the firewall would i need to open for this to work I assume 1677? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jake -- edmundrice ------------------------------------------------------------------------ To edmundri...

Groupwise Client in Remote Mode addess book
Hi: When I start the wizard to enable the remote mode: Tools/Hit the Road The wizard allows me to filter the address book.I define a filter to only import the addresses of my local domain.Example:Domain=myDomain.After I sicronized the address book the problem is that syntax of the user addresses is the Groupwise sintax no the internet sintax.I don�t see the option to specify the internet email(the users that connect with remote mode will use smtp protocol). Somebody knows a workaround for this issue? Thank�s in advance. Amacip, It appears that in the past few days y...

Switching from Caching Mode to Online Mode GroupWise doesn't Restart
--____IAEFTAKANBRAAJLSGCUX____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable GroupWise Client 6.5.4 on Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.90 SP2. I usually run in Caching mode. I've got several of the Novell Support = Forums setup under NNTP and it works nicely for me thank-you. The few = inconveniences are tolerable for the convenience of having one app for = both. Anyway, I wanted to test a separate problem by going into Online mode to = see if it was just a bug in Caching mode. At the top of the folder pane I = click on Cachi...

GroupWise client 6.5 remote mode option grey out
Server is Netware 5.7 SP7 and GroupWise is 6.5 SP2. In the GroupWise client, File > Mode and Remote option is grey out. Checked the Post office and GWIA but don't see the option to enable remote mode. Any idea. Thanks On 05/11/2006 user@user.com wrote: > Checked the Post office and GWIA but don't see the option to enable > remote > mode. It is in the client options in C1 for either domain, PO or client. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. Also, Tools > H...

Groupwise Remote Mode and Remote Mailbox Location...
I tried setting my groupwise client to remote so I could use newsgroup functions and such, and accidentally tried to create my remote mailbox location on the server in a place where I don't have permissions to write. So, I have since shutdown and tried to restart Groupwise today, and now the client tries to check the remote mailbox path, cannot find it, and won't let me in. Question is: Are there any command line options for the groupwise executable that i can pass through the windows shortcut that will prevent the client from checking the remote mailbox, and ...

Cannot switch to online mode from caching mode
When I try to switch from caching mode to online mode, it tells me it needs to restart the GroupWise client. Fine, I say Yes and it closes the client and nothing ever happens after that. Ever. I checked the task manager in XP and it shows that two GroupWise processes are running: gwsync.exe gwreload.exe If I then manually run the groupwise client again (desktop, shortcut, etc.) it loads into online mode fine. If I swtich from Online to caching, THAT always works. But never the other way around. If I whack the gwsync.exe process, then it'll switch into cac...

Caching mode and online mode out of sync
Noticed online mode has more messages that caching mode. Is there a way to ensure they are the same. I have done Tools > Retrieve entire mailbox already. Thanks Ronny Ronny wrote: > Noticed online mode has more messages that caching mode. Is there a way > to ensure they are the same. I have done Tools > Retrieve entire > mailbox already. Unfortunately, not that I'm aware of. I'm actually currently investigating with Novell an out-of-sync issue I see with the Windows caching client. Will report if/when we are able to dupe at will and Novell has...

PIO Mode vs ATA Mode ?
This has probably been asked before, but is there a way to convince SR to work in ATA mode instead of PIO mode ?? It seems to always run in PIO mode regardless of the capability of the system or the drive. mc "MicroChip" <byteme@mctech.org> wrote in message news:feu5pq$1s6$1@news.grc.com... > This has probably been asked before, but is there a way to convince SR to > work in ATA mode instead of PIO mode ?? It seems to always run in PIO mode > regardless of the capability of the system or the drive. I believe ATA mode can be "flaky" or unrel...

Web resources about - Remote Mode vs. Online Mode - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Microsoft Remote Web Workplace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Remote Web Workplace is a feature of Microsoft's Windows Small Business Server , Windows Home Server 2011 , and the midsize business-focused ...

Helicopter pilot falls down Antarctic crevasse on remote ice shelf
A helicopter pilot is in a critical condition after he fell 20 metres down an Antarctic crevasse on Monday evening.

iHome unveils new SmartPlug model w/ power consumption tracking, remote control support
... as a successor to the iSP5. The new model features all of the same capabilities as last year’s, but adds the ability to manage it with a remote ...

Tesla’s new firmware improves Autosteer, adds remote parking—of a sort
... improvements to the Model S' various driver assists and adds a new beta feature that allows the car to drive into or out of one's garage remotely. ...

ISIS rigs remote-control car bombs to beat detection systems
Filed under: Videos , Middle East , Military Uncovered terrorist training videos have shown that ISIS is attempting to develop remote-controlled ...

Microsoft Remote Desktop for Windows 10 Mobile will gain Continuum support
... current hardware, only apps designed for Windows 10 Mobile are supported. But, now that Microsoft has introduced Continuum support in the Remote ...

New remote access Trojan Trochilus used in cyberespionage operations
A cyberespionage group was found using a new remote access Trojan dubbed Trochilus whose detection rate was very low among antivirus products. ...

CES 2016: Acer showcasing cloud-based health monitoring, remote diagnostics solutions
IT vendor Acer is showcasing cloud computing-based health monitoring and remote diagnostics solutions through cooperation with hardware and software ...

Waiting On The Court To Figure Out How To Tax Remote Sales
... are giving up on Congress and instead hoping that the U.S. Supreme Court will act to provide clarity and uniformity on the taxation of remote ...

ESP8266 GoPro Remote Adds Buttons, Screen
Last year we featured a GoPro camera remote by [Robert Stefanowicz] that was built around an ESP8266 . [Robert] has been working hard on improving ...