Maximum Size of To:, Cc:, and Bc: values

I have a user that has reported that the Windows GW 6.5.2 client does not 
allow more that 88 internet address in the Bc: field.  My guess that this 
is about 2048 characters, or close to it.  Is there a limitation of the 
number of characters for any of these values?  Does the RFC state a 
maximum value?

Thanks for your help.

Brian
0
Brian
9/23/2005 6:53:43 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
421 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

No maximum in the RFC. However I'm not aware of a limit in the client

-- 
Michael J. Bell
Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

<Brian.Shade@wmich.edu> wrote in message 
news:XaYYe.6880$Oi6.3693@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>I have a user that has reported that the Windows GW 6.5.2 client does not
> allow more that 88 internet address in the Bc: field.  My guess that this
> is about 2048 characters, or close to it.  Is there a limitation of the
> number of characters for any of these values?  Does the RFC state a
> maximum value?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Brian 


0
Michael
9/23/2005 10:02:12 PM
Is there a maximum line length limit?  About 1024 characters?

Brian

> No maximum in the RFC. However I'm not aware of a limit in the client
> 
> -- 
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
> 
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
> 
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> specifically identified as such.
> 
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
> 
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
> 
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
> 
> <Brian.Shade@wmich.edu> wrote in message 
> news:XaYYe.6880$Oi6.3693@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> >I have a user that has reported that the Windows GW 6.5.2 client does 
not
> > allow more that 88 internet address in the Bc: field.  My guess that 
this
> > is about 2048 characters, or close to it.  Is there a limitation of the
> > number of characters for any of these values?  Does the RFC state a
> > maximum value?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Brian 
> 
> 

0
Brian
9/25/2005 1:29:26 AM
There's one for SMTP, but normally names are folded to multiple lines.

-- 
Michael J. Bell
Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

<Brian.Shade@wmich.edu> wrote in message 
news:W3nZe.7384$Oi6.2707@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Is there a maximum line length limit?  About 1024 characters?
>
> Brian
>
>> No maximum in the RFC. However I'm not aware of a limit in the client
>>
>> -- 
>> Michael J. Bell
>> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
>> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>>
>> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
>> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>>
>> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
>> specifically identified as such.
>>
>> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
>> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>>
>> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
>> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
>> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>>
>> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>>
>> <Brian.Shade@wmich.edu> wrote in message
>> news:XaYYe.6880$Oi6.3693@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>> >I have a user that has reported that the Windows GW 6.5.2 client does
> not
>> > allow more that 88 internet address in the Bc: field.  My guess that
> this
>> > is about 2048 characters, or close to it.  Is there a limitation of the
>> > number of characters for any of these values?  Does the RFC state a
>> > maximum value?
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.
>> >
>> > Brian
>>
>>
> 


0
Michael
9/26/2005 6:49:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Groupwise
I encountered the problem with Groupwise external email address the time when i use the coding below, all to@abc.com, cc@abc.com, bc@abc.com has been categories to "TO" category. any problem with my coding? I'm not use objMessage.Recipients.Add "to@abc.com", "NGW",0 because the address is not in the address book. Other than NGW, is that have any other type which represent external email? Set objGroupWise = CreateObject("NovellGroupWareSession") Set objAccount = objGroupWise.Login Set objMessage = objAccount.MailBox.Me...

Maximum volume size for GroupWise
Hello! I currently have a GroupWise volume sitting at 12GB with room for another 90GB. What is the maximum manageable volume size for GroupWise 5.5 EP I can expect without getting too many problems. Let me know as soon as possible please. Regards The largest I have seen was 230GB but that was with GW6. If you can I would split out the archive databases to their own volume and try to force archive all the users mail after 90 days or so. They can still see it when they want, but the data is not in your "live" database. Tim On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 0...

Groupwise Maximum Receive Message Size?
In Consoleone I can set the max send size via Client Options > Send options > Disk Space Mgmt. What about Receive Size limit? There seems to be a 12-16MB receive limit. When I send an email from a Gmail account with a 16MB+ attachment it gets a bounce back saying "message file too big." -- Cougie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 01.08.2011 09:26, Cougie wrote: > > In Consoleone I can set the max send size via Client Options> Send > options> Disk Space Mgmt. > What about Receive Size limit? ...

Groupwise 6x Client
I have a user who is using the calender in Groupwise, in Multi-user view. When he clicks on the year in the top of the calendar, it brings up a drop down menu that has the year's 1995 to 2005. Problem: He wants the year 2006 to be also available. Other Info: He can access dates in the year 2006 by scrolling through the calendar, he just click straight through to 2006 through the drop down menu. Thanks for any help given Scott It's a problem with GW6 that has been remedied in 6.5 and 7 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://...

Groupwise 6.5 clients and GroupWise 8.0.1 clients using the same Postoffice
--____SIDQTLMYGJPBRKKAQPSJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Language: Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 R1cgNi41IGNsaWVudHMgaGF2ZSBubyBwcm9ibGVtIGFjY2Vzc2luZyB0aGUgR3JvdXB3aXNlIDgg UE8gc28gbG9uZyBhcyBJIGRvbid0IGNvcHkgR1cgOCBWSUVXIEZJTEVTIGludG8gdGhlIFBPIG9m ZnZpZXdzIGRpcmVjdG9yeS4gV2hhdHMgdGhlIGJlc3Qgc29sdXRpb24gZm9yIHRoaXMgcHJvYmxl bS4gSSdtIHRoaW5raW5nIG9mIGNvcHlpbmcgdGhlIHZpZXdzIHRvIGEgIGxvY2FsIHRvIEdXOCBj bGllbnQgcGMncyBvciBqdXN0IGNyZWF0aW5nIFBPQSBmb3IgR1cgOCBDTElFTlRTLg== --____SIDQTLMYGJPBRKKAQPSJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____PV...

How to set font size to all Groupwise Client application
I am not talking about change a particulary email text font size which is simply. I wondering if there is a way to set font size to all groupwise client. In my case i have user that think that the default font of the Groupwise 6.5 client is to small and the only way that we found to grow it is changing the monitor resolution. Any suggestions ? Thanks a lot. nb@nospam.com wrote in news:5x1wd.2575$Ei5.2104@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > Any suggestions ? Groupwise integrates in the Windows scheme, so changing whatever Windows uses will change the default Groupwise font....

GroupWise Clients mailbox size wont change
I am running GW 7.02 and have an employees mailbox that I wanted to increase in size. So I increased the size and sychronized. 2 days later his mailbox size has not changed. So I ran GWcheck against the whole Post Office with the option of check user space. Still nothing. I just recently raised another employees mailbox size with no problems. What could be the problem with this persons mailbox? Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com -- RLMILLIES ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tried GWCheck reset client options ? Cheers Dave...

maximum number of addressees displayed in GroupWise client
Hi All, Everything GW 6.5.4 (front to back end) on NetWare 6.5.2 (front to back end). External mail with around 110 recipients in To: field (don't even ask). User has informed me that when he opens the email in his client, only the first 95 show up in the header banner (where you can expand the list of addressees, right-click them and perform various actions). I had him forward the email to me, and, sure enough, MIME.822 shows an additional 15 or so extra recipients that can't be seen in the client view. Anyone encounter this before? Is there some sort of hard limit on the ...

Groupwise Client 6.5.6 and Font Size
After installing GroupWise Client 6.5.6, the font size is very small when printing. Any help would be appreciated :) Lisa, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "...

GroupWise Client 6.0 Sp4 Cache Mail box size
I have a client that shows 134% full while online but still receives mail when he is in cache mode. I have all the clients set to 200mb on the server. I thought when a mail box reaches its limits it would stop receiving email. Is this happening because he is running in cache mode? Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com ken, > I thought when a mail box reaches its limits it would stop > receiving email. Actually, no - mailbox limits make a user cleanup before SENDING new mail. > Is this happening because he is running in cache mode? Caching mode has it's "...

what is the maximum size of data that I can return from the ASP.Net to Service Client
Hi All,  I am writing a webservice using asp.net under IIS. I am returning all the records in a database back to the service client. Some times there would be more than 4000000 records and each record may contain photographs also.  I know that Paging would be the best option. So I want to know what is the maximum amount of data that can be returned to the service client during a single synchronous transaction.  Please help me out to find an answer to this question....M.NizarBangaloreMob: +91-9916687354  view this bloghttp://www.guidanceshare.com/wiki/Web_Servic...

Client side Values to Server values
Hi all, I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and C#.Net  I have one big security problem. I have one web page for user login. When user click in button "Login" i run some functions of javascript for detect pki credentials and i write the credentials in some textboxes. When the login process end, the user must click in another button for redirect the application to another page. I want pass the login credentials to target page, but i can´t use querystrings in url because is not secure ans i don´t want use cookies because some users have disableded cookies. I want...

Enabling "Check Mailbox Size" menu item in Groupwise 6.5 client
We have a 6.5.0 system that was upgraded from a 5.5.4 system some time ago. System is working well with no problems. However, the Check Mailbox Size menu item under TOOLS in client is grayed out. I am not trying to implement size limits, just the ability to view client usage. From Groupwise Admin Manual, page 170, it says to run a Mailbox/Library maintenance, Post Office, Analyze/fix databases, with Contents, fix problems, reset (mine says update) user disk space totals. Select only User database. Submitted job, completed sucessfully. Restarted client, still no change in ...

[Thunderbird] values of macAccountManager.size and prefWindow.size
Hi all, while packaging the Mac builds I noticed that some locales either kept the en-US values in macAccountManager.size or entered some other strange values. As the Account Manager _cannot_ be resized by the user on Mac, it is important that we use usable values here. So here is my idea: as most locales need bigger windows that en-US, please a) either test on a Mac b) if you cannot do so and think you need a bigger window than en-US, use "73em" as width. This does not break 800x600 resolution and fits most of the locales (except ca-AD so far) for some locales, as...

Web resources about - Maximum Size of To:, Cc:, and Bc: values - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Paleocene–Eocene Thermal Maximum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the temporal boundary between the Paleocene and Eocene epochs around 55.0 million years ago. This event, the Paleocene–Eocene Thermal Maximum ...

Facebook Extends Maximum Status Update 12-Fold
Facebook has extended the maximum length of status updates to 60,000 characters, 12 times what it used to be.

Facebook Changing Maximum Size of Photos, Profile Pictures
... breaking upcoming changes to the way Facebook handles user photos and profile pictures. Here’s the upshot for developers: 1) Increased Maximum ...

Maximum PC (@maximumpc) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Snooker player misses black, blows $90,000 during maximum 147 break attempt
... player Thepchaiya Un-Nooh who missed a final black ball shot worth &pound;44,000 ($90,561) while trying to complete a rarely seen 147 maximum ...

David Price joins the Red Sox, who achieve Maximum Dombrowski status
[insert joke about Joe Kelly's great stuff here] In retrospect, this move was always going to happen. The Red Sox rolled into the 2015 season ...

Brussels Put on Maximum Terror Alert, Virtual Lockdown of the City
Belgian authorities have raised the terror alert in Brussels to the maximum and canceled events for fears of an imminent jihadist attack.

Belgium maintains maximum terror alert status - Videos - CBS News
Belgium is maintaining their maximum state of alert today as the police continue to search for two suspects who escaped following the attacks ...

Brussels deserted as it stays on maximum alert
Belgian capital remains on the maximum level of alert, indicating a "serious and imminent" threat of an attack.

A $330 Hoodie Designed For Maximum Relaxation
Through psychological and physiological hacks, this sweatshirt forces you to meditate. $330, though!?

Resources last updated: 12/6/2015 11:27:24 AM