Here's a headscratcher! "I" and "*"

We have a user, all of a sudden whenever he types in the body of a
message from GroupWise (6.5.5), he can't type the letter "I" as in "me
myself and I."  When he does, what appears instead of an I is either an
asterisk (*) or a dash (-).  It's the wierdest thing and I can't find
anything to even remotely describe this situation.  At first I
suspected his keyboard but he does not have this issue typing in Word
or other applications, just GroupWise.

Anyone ever see this?  What in the world is going on there?

(By the way, it's a really funny situation, truth be told.  Just the
support call email I got from him alone made me chuckle).

--
maxthedork
0

maxthedork,

a sick Quickcorrect?

Uwe

--
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.

Possibly, I thought of that yesterday, but he was unavailable all day.
I'm hoping to get with him today.

--
maxthedork
0

What's with "~/" and NOT "~/" ?
In trying to deplay test projects to my provider (GoDaddy) I'm finding a consistent barfness with the form of reference that I read as "in this directory, this file"  or "~/filename.filetype". I am having to consistently strip the "~/" to make it work.Is there a way to strip off this type of reference through a preference? In the past, I've been led to believe that "filename.filetype" when in the same directory was just FINE as that -- no need for this "~/".Hints, direction, etc. welcomed and appreciated in advance ... mahalos .....

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Deleting "to's" and "from's" on emails
Name: Rae McFarland Email: larryatmacsmachinedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Deleting "to's" and "from's" on emails Comments: There doesn't seem to be a way to edit and email and then forward it. Some people send something I'd like to forward, but there's a whole page of previous mailing addresses. I'd like to delete them before forwarding. I've tried and the whole email gets deleted. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL: http://hendrix.mozi...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"Using" or "With"

"Me" is better than "You"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

replace the "." with a ","

double quote

"-" not "_"

"To" and "From" missing

Using "+" or "||"

Wired's Vista "Do's" Have Some Major "Don'ts"
Wired has an article up about how to speed up Vista. While they have a couple OK tips in there, there are a couple of suggestions that caught my attention as colossally BAD. I tried to edit the wiki page to reflect this, but I was rebuffed by the original author. So much for community contributions. http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/robert/archive/2008/02/27/wireds-vista-dos-have-some-major-donts.aspx -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" In grc.techtalk, on Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:32:04, paradoX wrote: >Wired has an article up about how to speed up Vist...

Web resources about - Here's a headscratcher! "I" and "*" - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Microsoft's $7.9b Skype deal 'a headscratcher'
Microsoft's whopping $US8.5 billion ($7.9b) acquisition of Skype may have pipped Google and Facebook but critics and investors have lashed the ...

Mark His Words - Bo-Ring - Headscratchers - FishbowlNY
FishbowlLA : I’m sure Mark Twain would find Garrison Keillor’s review of his autobiography devastating were he not dead and were Keillor’s voice ...

The Game: Skullcandy IPO Is a Headscratcher
Skullcandy, the company that makes large colorful headphones stamped with skulls, recently filed for an IPO. WSJ's Dennis Berman explains to ...

David Axelrod Tweets Existential Headscratcher, Twitter Answers
They do say you get more ponderous in your autumn years: As anybody’s who’s ever been a smartass knows, there are two responses to this question: ...

Pirate Go HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Pirate Go HD on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Most Popular Pages on Wikipedia in 2012: Facebook, One Direction and … Cul De Sacs?
... phenomenon 20 619 920 8. The Dark Knight Rises 18 882 885 9. Google 18 508 719 10. The Hunger Games 18 431 626 It’s a bit of a headscratcher ...

Picking an NL All-Star Team Based On Merit
What would happen if you picked a National League All-Star team, based entirely on an objective measure of ability? We crunch the numbers and ...

Photos for Cowboys Offseason Headscratcher: Will The Backup OLBs See More Snaps in 2012? - Blogging The ...
Dallas Cowboys outside linebackers DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer have played almost every snap for the past three seasons. Might the Cowboys ...

Drifting Through The Grift
skip to main - skip to sidebar Strange Tales of Georgia Politics and Media About Me griftdrift Reborn unfettered View my complete profile Contact ...

Limbaugh Claims Dark Knight Movie Villain Bane Is A Secret Jab At Mitt Romney
... presidential candidate Mitt Romney that's featuring prominently in President Barack Obama's campaign ads. Hmm, this might be more of a headscratcher ...