Groupwise 6.5 cannot open archive when in proxy resource

User cannot open archive (option is greyed out) when proxied into
resource.  Found the following TID:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090013.htm

User had Groupwise 6.5.1 client, upgraded to 6.5.2 according to TID, but
archive option is still greyed out.  If the user logs in with /u@? switch
into the resource directly instead of proxying, then he can open archive.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you!
0
jeffreyrobert
8/31/2004 1:57:25 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Works OK here with 6.5.2, did you upgrade the client or the agents on
the server as well ?

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Thanks, Jeff

> Works OK here with 6.5.2, did you upgrade the client or the agents on
> the server as well ?
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
jeffreyrobert
9/1/2004 1:16:33 PM
Well, as I can't get it to fail here, I'm not going to be a lot of
help. The archive location of the resource is somewhere that the
proxying user can get to ?

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave
9/1/2004 4:58:20 PM
I appreciate the help.  Yes, the user is able to get to the location.  If
I close out of Groupwise and login with /u@? and login as the user of the
proxied account, then I can open the archive.

> Well, as I can't get it to fail here, I'm not going to be a lot of
> help. The archive location of the resource is somewhere that the
> proxying user can get to ?
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
jeffreyrobert
9/1/2004 6:58:28 PM
And this is a resource, not a user right ?

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave
9/2/2004 12:29:32 PM
My apologies Dave, I said originally that it was a resource mailbox, and
I see that the TID is about a resource mailbox, but it's not, it is a
user mailbox not a resource mailbox.  This did work however for this
particular user before we upgraded to 6.5 when we were running 6.0.
Thanks!  Jeff

> And this is a resource, not a user right ?
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
jeffreyrobert
9/2/2004 12:40:38 PM
OK, I go into a proxied user mailbox and then archive is greyed out, as
expected, and as it has been for years and years, since 5.2 I think it
is - see TID10052788

I can only guess that this was a 5.2 archive that has been recently
rebuilt ?

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave
9/2/2004 4:43:48 PM
Dave Parkes,

> OK, I go into a proxied user mailbox and then archive is greyed out,
> as expected, and as it has been for years and years, since 5.2 I
> think it is - see TID10052788

Since the 5.5 series Mr. Parkes. It was GW6 when it was changed.
<grumble>

--

Lindsey Johnstone
One of the XanaDudes, posting with 1.16.4.2

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave
9/3/2004 12:38:20 PM
Ok, so it looks like if you upgraded from 5.2 it would continue to work
in 5.5, and I'm assuming that it continued to work in 6.0, even though it
wasn't mentioned in the article, because our mailboxes have been upgraded
from 5.2 to 6 to 6.5 and this user told me that it worked up until we
upgraded to 6.5.  Thanks for all the info!

> 5.5 was when it stopped working, 5.2 was the last version that worked,
> as the TID I referenced explains in positively exhaustive detail :-)
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
jeffreyrobert
9/3/2004 1:37:05 PM
Could be one of these 'fixes' that sneak in sometimes. I had it fail
when we moved to the EP version, I think it was, fair time ago anyway.

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Groupwise 6.5 client with Groupwise 5.5 server?
Is it possible to run Groupwise 6.5 clients with Groupwise 5.5 server? Reason why I'm asking is that there are 160 clients and I'd rather install Groupwise 6.5 client first then upgrade the Groupwise 5.5 server to Groupwise 6.5. Thanks Sorry, but no. It does however works the other way around -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Be a GroupWiseR...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 server clients
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server only hold...

GW 6.5.5 Client unable to open Archive when Proxied to a resource
We have several Resources that have auto archive setup. If you login directly into resource mailbox via /@u the archive is accessable. If you proxy to the resourse the open archive option is grayed out. I thought this was fixed in 6.5.2, has this feature been removed? Is it in 6.5.6 or 7? Long gone, see TID 10052788 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave Parkes wrote: > Long gone, see TID 10052788 > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > Dave Parkes [NSCS] > Occasionally resident at http://s...

Upgrade Groupwise 5 Archives to Groupwise 6.5
I have installed a new Small Business 6.6 Novell server on our network and replaced the old Netware box. We had to archive our emails as we were short of volume space on the original server. I now have 20 users with archive folders on their local drives in Groupwise 5 format. How do I upgrade these folders to be seen by the new Groupwise 6.6 Clients. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks Dominick. Dominick wrote: > I have installed a new Small Business 6.6 Novell server on our network > and replaced the old Netware box. We had to archive our emails as we > ...

GroupWise 6 SP5 beta client is GroupWise 6.5
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2967892.htm says it's GW6 SP5, but it's actually a beta for the GroupWise 6.5 client. I sent an e-mail to Novell about it but they tell me I should report it here or open an incident ... Hmm. Well, that's done. - Gert GWCheck.com Gert, thank you very much, I reported it! Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. Confirmed and Seconded Tim On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:29:31 GMT, "Gert" <...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

Will the GroupWise 6.5 client work with GroupWise 6.0?
Will the GroupWise 6.5 client work with GroupWise 6.0? Thanks! Hi, dlorenzen@vtg.biz wrote: > > Will the GroupWise 6.5 client work with GroupWise 6.0? No. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Can GroupWise 6.5 client for Linux work with GroupWise 6 system?
--____FVSSLACSYPOYJJKRJKEN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am testing SuSe Professional 9.1, and have an evaluation copy of the = GroupWise client for Linux. Is it possible to have the GroupWise client = work with GroupWise 6? I am running small business suite 6.01 Thank you Michael Cunningham --____FVSSLACSYPOYJJKRJKEN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____RBRQKDJVATTYJAPHOAQK____" --____RBRQKDJVATTYJAPHOAQK____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfe...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

Web resources about - Groupwise 6.5 cannot open archive when in proxy resource - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...