Client 6.5.6 Update 1 on 6.5.4 POA

Yikes!

I made the mistake of installing the 6.5.6 Update 1 client to use
against a 6.5.4 Post Office. As a result, I cannot log in to the Post
Office on that machine.

The machine in question is a Dell PowerEdge SC1420 server that is
destined to become a Blackberry Enterprise Server. The server O/S is
Windows Server 2003. The GroupWise Post Office runs on a HP ProLiant
ML350 with server O/S NetWare 6.5.

I've uninstalled the client and Windows Messaging. However, the C:\
Drive icon has taken on the appearance of the stylistic GroupWise Globe
Icon!
Strange indeed!

Is there some way I can redeem myself -- short of scrapping the whole
server and starting from scratch?

Thanks for any assistance offered.

Regards,
Jeffrey Majette
Network Manager
CASES, Inc.
New York, NY
jmajette@cases.org

--
MAJ790HAN

MAJ790HAN
11/24/2009 9:56:01 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MAJ790HAN,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

MAJ790HAN wrote:

> I've uninstalled the client and Windows Messaging. However, the C:\
> Drive icon has taken on the appearance of the stylistic GroupWise Globe
> Icon!
> Strange indeed!

Strange, but not too unusual. That's a native windows problem though,
and that it has hit you with a GW icon isn't probably coincidence. IIRC
TweakUI from Microsoft has an option to repair the default icons, but
there are other tools and tips to be found in google.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

updated from GW 6.5.4 to GW 6.5.6 but agents still run at 6.5.4
I recently attempted to update from GW 6.5.4 to GW 6.5.6. I ran the service pack and followed direction very closely, and once I finished updating the Primary Domain and the Post Office, I check marked to update the startup files and to launch the MTA and PO. When they launched after my update they were running at 6.5.6, but when I reset the server they went back to running at 6.5.4. I also need to update the GWIA and the WebAccess Agent. Do I have to do those separately? This is really the first time that I have ever patched a GW System. Are there more detailed instructi...

GroupWise Client 6.5.3 and NLM 6.5.1
--____OJRBESPXNQJXPNFMQWJQ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings, =20 1. We just finished updating all our GroupWise NLMs (MTA, POAs, GWIA, = WebAccess) from 5.5 to version 6.5.1. Now we have started upgrading the = workstation clients. Can we start to use the 6.5.3 client even if the = NLMs are still at 6.5.1 or do we need to do the 6.5.3 NLMs first? =20 2. Does the 6.5.3 version (NLM) change any of the data from 6.5.1 or is = 6.5.3 just NLM code changes without any data structure changes? =20 3. Also I know t...

Can I: Client 6.5.6 w/ Server 6.5.5
Real basic, can I run the SP 6 client software against the SP 5 server agents? Ryan Yep Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

GW client 6.5.7 talking to POA 6.5.4
Hi all, At the moment, we are running GW client version 6.5.7 to communicate with the POA which is on version 6.5.4. Normaly, a higher client version than the POA shouldn't work, but I tried this and all seems to work just fine. It's been running smoothly for a few months now. However, smoothly, it does seem that the server where GW is on (Netware 6.5 sp4) has got a higher utilization since we upgraded the client. Could the GW client cause that in any way? I can also see the C/S requests rising rapidly in the POA's logscreen, but the Busy-parameter stays at 0:0 or 1:0 so the PO...

Patched 6.5.4 with 6.5.6 but agents are still running 6.5.4
I recently attempted to patch GroupWise 6.5.4 with the most recent patch 6.5.6. After the update finished, I restarted the server, checked all agents and noticed that they all were still running version 6.5.4. However, the first time that I attempted the patch, and I got to the end of the installation, I chose the option to automatically update the startup files, and to start the PO and the Domain (after clicking finish). When the domain and the PO started on the server (after I clicked on finish), they where running 6.5.6, but when I restarted the server and checked the ver...

Problems with groupwise client 6.5.6 Update 1 and printing
Hi, I have problem with printing on newest groupwise client 6.5.6 update 1. National character have different fonts than rest of letter and does not print correct. Same thing happen using "View" icon from toolbar. We have now Groupwise client 6.5.5. Everything works fine, but we want to upgrade because of security vulnerability: http://www.novell.com/coolblogs/?p=357 If we do upgrade, then all our clients will have trouble with printing. What can we do. Any ideas ? Regards Roman Lenarsic, Slovenia Hi, It looks that problem is with default font to view ...

6.5.4 GW Client using 6.5.1 GW Admin
it is ok for a client GW 6.5.4 to access a System db GW 6.5.1? Thanks Regards Monica Hi, is@chiavazza.com wrote: > > it is ok for a client GW 6.5.4 to access a System db GW 6.5.1? Yes. Although you should seriously update those agents. 6.5.1 had some nasty issues. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Groupwise 6.5.6 client for MAC intel )X 1.4
Please advise on what to use for GroupWise Client 6.5.6 on MAC OS 10.4+ or for MAC Intel OS X. Does GroupWise 7.02 Client for MAC OX 10.4+ works with GroupWise 6.5.5 post office and MTA? Thanks Matt A. 847-581-8302 You have no options for Mac Intel other than WebAccess or virtualizing the win32 client 6.5 will never run. 7.0x client requires a 7.0x PO "Matthew Aldakka" <maldakka@bgeltd.com> wrote in message news:XZW7i.9593$Gp4.3759@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Please advise on what to use for GroupWise Client 6.5.6 on MAC OS 10.4+...

Updating from Groupwise 6.5.1 to 6.5.4 the Archive files give an error.
In moving Archive files from Groupwise 6.5.1 to 6.5.4 the message I get is "Need to convert older version of database to GroupWise 6". When I click on the OK key I get "GroupWise error C067". The archive files worked fine in 6.5.1 and all of the folders and files can be viewed. When I try to view them in 6.5.4 I get the messages that I mentioned above. How do I get these 2751 files to be accepted and viewed in version 6.5.4. Since they were accepted in 6.5.1 I assume that they are version 6 files. YoungNB, It appears that in the past few days you h...

6.5.5 GW Client using 6.5.4 GW System
Does anyone know if it is OK for a GW 6.5.5 Client to access a GW 6.5.4 System? The entire GW System is at v6.5.4. It's OK, but not recommended. You should always update the primary domain first, then secondary domains, then PO's, and lastly the client. However, especially with beta releases of the client, I often will run a slightly newer client version than the server components. On the other hand, it only takes 30 minutes to update the domain/PO . . . Ted Kumsher >>> Gus Dandas<GDandas@azlottery.gov> 01/17/06 3:03:39 PM >>> Does an...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6
I ran the patch upgrade for gw 6.5 to get us to sp6. Ran the update and rebooted. all seem to upgrade except the gwia component. It was soft abending the server. I tried re installing the gwia from the new SDD directory and it still did not work. Is there any problems with going from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6 directly? gw 6.5.1 (poa, mta, gwia, webaccess on same server). One post office. novell 6 sp 5. Normally not, but try deleting sccfilt.bin, if it exists. <rmburt@nationalindemnity.com> wrote in message news:_Z7Qh.2389$mb6.563@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I r...

Web resources about - Client 6.5.6 Update 1 on 6.5.4 POA - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Dropbox dumps popular email client Mailbox and photo service Carousel
Facing growing competitive pressures, Dropbox has dumped two of its flagship products, including smart email pioneer Mailbox.

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

Beyond Biglaw: Give Clients What They Need…
Tailoring your services to meet the client's needs is the only way to build a legal practice that is sustainable, impactful, and rewarding for ...

Turner Broadcasting Ad Sales Adopts Client-First Strategy
Turner Broadcasting's ad sales team is adopting a client-first strategy. The Time Warner-owned cable programmer is reorganizing its ad sales ...

Dropbox is shutting down Mailbox, the popular email client
Dropbox acquired Mailbox, the extremely popular email client, way back in 2013, and unfortunately it's now time to say goodbye. That's right, ...

Guggenheim Securities' clients - Business Insider Deutschland
The 16-year-old firm has been an adviser on 5 massive transactions in what has been one of the busiest years for mergers and acquisitions on ...

Microsoft launches new OneDrive for Business sync client, developer kit
... and other large organizations. First and most importantly, the company launched its next-generation OneDrive for Business sync client Wednesday, ...