change subject line on incoming messages

Using GroupWise 6.0.2, we need to be able to change the text on the
subject line for incoming (not outgoing) email messages, to better
sort
them. Any idea how to do this on the client or modify something on the

server?
Thanks, Ken

1
kkaplan
12/19/2003 1:04:33 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Explain why you need to do this.

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's
unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

<kkaplan@ebocom.net> wrote in message
> Using GroupWise 6.0.2, we need to be able to change the text on the
> subject line for incoming (not outgoing) email messages, to better
sort
> them. Any idea how to do this on the client or modify something on
the
> server?
> Thanks, Ken

0
Michael
12/19/2003 5:46:59 AM
The 6.5 client allows you to do this - it adds a 'My Subject' option

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
Dave
12/19/2003 3:23:42 PM
> Using GroupWise 6.0.2, we need to be able to change the text on the

> subject line for incoming (not outgoing) email messages, to better
sort
> them. Any idea how to do this on the client or modify something on
the
> server?
> Thanks, Ken

This seems bad on a couple fronts. Would you want someone manipulating
the
e-mail you send out? If I send an e-mail to someone, I do not want my

message doctored in any way. Perhaps I am being a bit anal... but I
would
be peeved.

I do not think there is any simple way to do it... With Outlook, I
know
the object model, and could conceivable write some VB code to do this.
do not know GroupWise. If you want to pursue, this is your likely only

avenue.

Eric

0
eric
12/22/2003 4:16:19 PM
The reason is simply to be able to better sort incoming email by a
Subject that means more to me (or any other end user) than it did for
the
sender. Typical example: vendors send me messages with "My contact
info"
on the subject line and I want to change it to "IBM contact info",
etc.
Thanks, Ken

> Explain why you need to do this.
>
> --
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's
unless
> specifically identified as such.
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>
> <kkaplan@ebocom.net> wrote in message
> > Using GroupWise 6.0.2, we need to be able to change the text on
the
> > subject line for incoming (not outgoing) email messages, to better

sort
> > them. Any idea how to do this on the client or modify something on
the
> > server?
> > Thanks, Ken

0
kkaplan
12/22/2003 4:36:30 PM
> > Using GroupWise 6.0.2, we need to be able to change the text on
the
> > subject line for incoming (not outgoing) email messages, to better

sort
> > them. Any idea how to do this on the client or modify something on

the
> > server?
> > Thanks, Ken
>
> This seems bad on a couple fronts. Would you want someone
manipulating
the
> e-mail you send out? If I send an e-mail to someone, I do not want
my
> message doctored in any way. Perhaps I am being a bit anal... but I

would
> be peeved.
>
> I do not think there is any simple way to do it... With Outlook, I
know
> the object model, and could conceivable write some VB code to do
this.
> do not know GroupWise. If you want to pursue, this is your likely
only
> avenue.
>
> Eric

Eric,
Understand and basically agree with your feelings on doctoring
messages.
My concern is simpler - the reason is to be able to better sort
incoming
email by a Subject that means more to me (or any other end user) than
it
did for the sender. Typical example: vendors send me messages with "My

contact info" on the subject line and I want to change it to "IBM
contact
info", etc.
Thanks, Ken

0
kkaplan
12/22/2003 4:46:09 PM
> The 6.5 client allows you to do this - it adds a 'My Subject' option

> Cheers Dave
>

> --
>
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Dave,
Can you mix a 6.5 Client with a 6.0.2 Server install or does the "post

office" need to be upgraded also?
Thanks, Ken

0
kkaplan
12/22/2003 4:48:53 PM
Yep, you need a 6.5 PO to let a 6.5 client in

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
Dave
12/22/2003 6:16:35 PM
That's pretty much the reasoning behind how it works in 6.5, the 'My
Subject' masks, but does not alter, the original subject

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
Dave

groupwise client subject line tabulator
There is intresting issue in in groupwise, when using long subject line with spaces, it wraps subject line and adds tabulator in subject line after linebreak This causes problem for example in thunderbird clients. Any clues? this looks like a bug. -- Eero -- eerovolotinen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eerovolotinen, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try on...

Changing the Subject Line of a Received Message
The number of solutions and suggestions made on this list is astounding. I save almost all of them. However, most of the time, the message subject does not describe the solution, so -- with an extension that worked in v2.x but does not work in 3.x -- I was able to change the subject line to one that I felt was more appropriate. Then I would move the message to a "Solutions" subfolder for later retrieval. Is there any way to achieve this end using v3.x? Thanks. On 12/20/2009 4:42 PM, Pete Holsberg wrote: > The number of solutions and suggestions made on this...

Subject Line Changes
I save certain messages for future reference and prefer identify them in certain cases to enable easier reference to the contents. I follow the procedure of forwarding a message to myself with the revised subject line; when received it is moved to the appropriate folder, and the the original deleted from the Inbox. Files are compacted. Is there a "cleaner" way to change the subject field or uniquely identify the contents in some other fashion? TedK wrote: > I save certain messages for future reference and prefer identify them > in certain cases to enabl...

Right click on a message and have the subject line entered to the serach field so filtering is done on that subject only automatically
Name: Ulf Öberg Email: ulfdotobergatteliadotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Right click on a message and have the subject line entered to the serach field so filtering is done on that subject only automatically Comments: The summary says it all Regards Ulf Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 ...

Right click on a message and have the subject line entered to the serach field so filtering is done on that subject only automatically #2
Name: Ulf Öberg Email: ulfdotobergatteliadotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Right click on a message and have the subject line entered to the serach field so filtering is done on that subject only automatically Comments: The summary says it all Regards Ulf Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 ...

Client changes for Groupwise Not Registering
GW65 Netware 65 current support packs Go to Console one to make changes to a users password or andd a new user and assigning that user to a post office. It seems to take on all machines. However, only one of 3 machines actually makes the change, if the change is made on either one of the other machines it does not take, same user login and Console One is run from the same version on the server What is goung on? Pete, When you say "machines" - do you mean servers with post offices? If so, something is up with the administration threads. You might look at the &q...

Change Undeliverable messages from GroupWise
Do you know if it's possible to change the way GroupWise notifies you of an internal undeliverable message from the user id to the client's full name? For example when we expire a GroupWise account and someone sends an email out to that person and receives an undeliverable back saying that "Item to user123 was undeliverable" is it possible to have it say "Item to John Doe was undeliverable" ? Thanks. -- jdrawert ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nope...HardCoded.... -- Best Regards Tommy Mikke...

Changing the color of the Subject line
Is there any way to change the color of the Subject line in the Groupwise client? We can change the font, bold, underline and itliac but no color. Thanks! > Is there any way to change the color of the Subject line in the Groupwise > client? We can change the font, bold, underline and itliac but no color. > Thanks! I use Categories to achieve this option. Send Options/General tab ...

messages with empty subject line
I created a filter for messages with blank subject lines. I would like the messages sent to Trash, but the closest I could find was "delete." Can I do what I want in TB without an add-on? Thanks. The date and time was 1/8/2008 9:25 AM, and on a whim, Jim pounded out on the keyboard: > I created a filter for messages with blank subject lines. I would like > the messages sent to Trash, but the closest I could find was "delete." > > Can I do what I want in TB without an add-on? > > Thanks. Hi Jim, You could create another option (...

Changing the subject-line of an email
Hi, is there any extension or does anyone know if ther is any possibility to change the subject-line of an email. Often I got emails with a subject line that is not very helpfull or an empty subject-line. Therefor I would like to write a new subject for such emails so that I could instantly see, what the message is. Thanks for your help Klaus ----- Original Message ----- From: Klaus <kldegr@tiscali.de> Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 3:07:38 AM Subject: Changing the subject-line of an email > Hi, > > is there any extension or does anyone know if ther is any p...

Subject line and email message
Greetings, When a user leaves the subject line blank in GW6.5, GW will put the first line of text in as the subject. If a user puts a space in the subject line, it will stay blank. Is this a known bug? kincheloea@osage.k12.mo.us wrote: > Is this a known bug? I think that is working as designed. By "puts a space", you're referring to the beginning of the subject, right? A space between words in the first line should still end up as the subject. -- Jim NSC SYsop Not a bug; GW does it deliberately. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Vol...

GroupWise change message category
Dear Sirs Our customers have the following problem with the german GroupWise 7 Client: When we change the message category of an eMail with attachement to a "job", GroupWise displays the error mesage "GroupWise Error D028". After that, the generated job's attachement is unreadable and the original eMail is gone. Thanks a lot for your help. Kind regards Raphael Dietschweiler On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:30:38 GMT, raphael@rbd.org wrote: >Dear Sirs > >Our customers have the following problem with the german GroupWise 7 Client: > >When we ...

Changing Color of Subject Line Text
We are using GroupWise 7.0.2 HP. Is there any way to change the color of the text in the Subject line for new messages, that people are sending to other GroupWise users? -- n_kerr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The only way to do this is through "categories" - but the sender's category isn't sent to the recipient - but if they all had a category that was "internal" or something with a color defined, when the message was sent or received both sides would see the colors. -- Danita Zanre Novell Su...

Changing Groupwise Server location in Client
Hi NW6.0sp3 GW6.5sp1 We want to change the address for the groupwise server from xxx.company.com to xxx.company.lan We run a dns server pointing the .lan tld to our internal network. We've had a few cases where, when our internet connection goes down at our firewall, people cannot access Groupwise because it iscoming in on the EXTERNAL port (.com). So, we want to go to everyones computer and change it to .lan The only way I can find to do it it to exit groupwise client, UNPLUG their network wire, run GW Client, wait for it to timeout and then it puts up the 'Ca...

Web resources about - change subject line on incoming messages - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Adding Support for Incoming App Links on iOS
Learn how to implement support for receiving incoming App Links for iOS.

Skype Incoming Call Ringtone (15 minute loop) [1080P] [Download] - YouTube
Quite possibly the best ringtone in existence. I recommend you listen to it all day, and in glorious 1080p. edit: picked up a new source file ...

Incoming senators under pressure: Tony Abbott reintroduces carbon tax repeal bills
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has set up the axing of the carbon tax as one of the first debates of the new Senate, reintroducing a bill to repeal ...

Incoming Coles MD flags fresh food, liquor focus - Business Spectator
Durkan eyes turnaround in liquor, Goyder says Wesfarmers will evaluate opportunities for value adding transactions.

Am I supposed to tell my children they could die at any time from an incoming shell?
My older son was so excited when the Israeli bombing raids began. "Fireworks!" yelled Rami, 4.

Charge asylum seekers $50,000 to come here, says incoming senator
Liberal Democrats senator-elect David Leyonhjelm has proposed an open door asylum-seeker policy that would charge people $50,000 for permanent ...

We respect China, says incoming Defence head
We respect China, says incoming Defence head

NBN is an omelette that an incoming Abbott government must unscramble
THE breathtaking hypocrisy of Julia Gillard's attack on state governments and power companies for purportedly forcing up power prices by "gold-plating" ...

China's incoming leader man for the times: Rudd
China's incoming leader man for the times: Rudd

Kevin Pietersen given faint hope of England return by incoming ECB chairman Colin Graves
Incoming ECB chairman does not rule out future England selection for Pietersen.