Upgrading 2 NetWare 5.1 servers to eDir 8.6.2

Have a 4 NetWare server environment: 2 NetWare 6.0 SP3 running eDir 8.6.2
and 2 NetWare 5.1 SP7 on NDS 85.30.

Have TID 10072620 that I'm following.  Have verified the versions of
Certificate Server, NICI and Java meet the minimum requirements.

Questions is steps 4b, 4c, and 4d under SCHEMA Preparation and Verification.
  Since I'm already running eDir 8.6.2 in the environment, the Schema should
already have been extended.  I don't need to perform these steps do I?  If I
do will I mess something up with the current directory DB? Can I just move
to step 5?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
0
Dave
7/20/2004 9:22:28 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

it wont hurt anything to go ahead and verify the schema.  and if the
schema is incorrect, it will hurt to skipi the step.

--
Cheers!
    Richard Beels

0
Richard
7/21/2004 12:06:10 AM
Is there a specific reason you choose 8.6.2?

In my experience 8.7.x has FAR better obit handling and 8.7.3 has
improved schema handling.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

Once DS is stable and healthy again, I can then do proper upgrade planning
to take them to NetWare 6.5 with eDir 8.7x.  They need a hardware refresh so
we plan on building 4 new NetWare 6.5 boxes and migrating from NetWare 5.1
and 6.0 to 6.5 using the migration wizard after everything is cleaned up and
ready to go.

>>> Timothy Leerhoff<tleerhoffNO@SPAMmyrealbox.com> 7/21/2004 9:57:26 PM

Is there a specific reason you choose 8.6.2?

In my experience 8.7.x has FAR better obit handling and 8.7.3 has
improved schema handling.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant
Independant Experts
Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sysop

0
Dave

Can I do a rolling upgrade of eDir 8.6.2 to 8.7.3 on a NetWare 5.1 cluster?
Hi, Can I do a rolling upgrade of eDir 8.6.2 to 8.7.3 on a NetWare 5.1 cluster? If so what would be the procedure..?? -SP7 for netware 5.1 -NICI update -JVM? -TCP/IP patches -TSA patches -NSS patches -PSP 7 -healthcheck -deployment manager netware 6.5 for updating to eDir 8.7.3 (overlay cd SP1.1) -8.7.3.1 postfix -healthcheck -? anymore suggestions..? -- Thanx, Louis G�hl Afdeling ICT Ziekenhuis de Tjongerschans Thialfweg 44 8441 PW Heerenveen Postbus 10500 tel : 0513 685072 fax: 0513 685965 www.tjongerschans.nl Louis_G�hl, It appears that in th...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 #2
I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. > I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a > clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or > is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. From reading other threds here, the 2 things to do first, is to upgrade to the most current eDirectory and the apply the most current patches to t...

upgrading a netware 5.1 sp5 to eDirectory 8.6.2
We have a netware 5.1 sp5 server running nds 8 right now and would like to upgrade to eDirectory 8.6.2 (the one that comes with netware 6) without going to netware 6. We also do not want to apply service pack 6 as we only do service packs during the summer when the students are not around. I've noticed that the eDirectory versions available for download on the Novell website are 8.7.1 and 8.7.3. Is there anywhere I can get the 8.6.2 file? -- Dennis ENSG Dalhouse University http://www.dal.ca edir862.exe is still available from the Novell site. Unfortunately it requires ...

Upgrade of iManager 2.6 Sp2 to 2.6 Sp3 on OES Netware 6.5 SP5 (Plus all post SP5 patches) Abends Server
Hello: I have encountered the following: OES Netware (6.5 SP5+) Environment eDir 8.7.3.8 NW 6.5 SP5 Plus Public Domain Post SP5 Patches iManager 2.6 SP2 Upgrading from iManager 2.6 Sp1 to 2.6 SP2 was an issue free process, a 5 minute Job. Upgrading the same servers from iManager 2.6 SP2 to 2.6 Sp3 produced the following (See sample abend log below) > ********************************************************* > Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 5 - CPR Release > PVER: 6.50.05 > > Server MIKOS halted Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:15:04.574 am > Abend 1 on P0...

Netware 5.1 with edirectory 8.6.2
Hi, i have a netware 5.1 with edirectory 8.62 and i buy oes with idm 3.0.1 starter pack, because i wantto sync Active Directory Domain. what can i do??? i put oes into the netware 5.1 tree or i can install oes in a new tree and sync the two edir with IDM 3.0.1 driver for edirectory thanks You would have to install at least one OES server into your tree. Note that unless you upgrade all the servers that hold replicas of Users, you are not likely to get password synchronization from eDir to AD working because that functionality requires eDir 8.7.3 or higher. -- Fathe...

Upgrading a Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5
I am part of a large tree. Before starting upgrade of Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5 I ran dsrepair and received no errors. During the Health check of the upgrade I received two warnings. They are Warning extend schema and repair schema. All the primary servers in the tree have already been upgraded to Netware 6.5. The admin of the primary servers control extend the schema. I am trying to find out if the warnings I received is something they need to repair or is there something else I need to do on my own server? I would appreciated any help I can get. Thanks Michel...

netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree
I posted this in the NETWARE 6 forum also, but posting it here may be more relevant. I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running edirectory 8.7.1. From what I read on the site about mergin with edirectory 8.7.1, both the target tree and the source tree must have the same edirectory version. BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later netware server and I do not have that. Is there a way for me to merge the netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first upgrade...

iManager 2.6 problem on NetWare 6.5 SP4 with eDir 8.8
Hi, I get following error when I try to login to iManager: Login failed. The required dependencies were not found. Please reinstall this software from the original distribution to ensure the components are available. Refer to Novell documentation for the required prerequisites. I have NetWare 6.5 SP4 with eDirectory 8.8 and IDM 3. I reinstalled iManager and deleted the NPS directory from tomcat, but nothing helps. Thomas Thomas Eggers, Does the server hold a R/W replica. You may wanna check if TID-10099304 applies in your situation. -- ____________...

edir 8.6.2 and NetWare 5.1 Support Packs
Several months ago, we upgraded out NetWare 5.1 servers to eDir 8.6.2 with SP3. Now, as we move forward, assuming additional Support Packs are released for NetWare 5.1 (we are at SP6), do we still apply the regular Support Packs for NW 5.1, or do we just need to apply the Support Packs for eDir?...or do we still apply both types to our servers? Thanks, Vince Juliano vjuliano@nc.rr.com, > Several months ago, we upgraded out NetWare 5.1 servers to eDir 8.6.2 > with SP3. Now, as we move forward, assuming additional Support Packs > are released for NetWar...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade EDIR question....
We have a tree of 20 servers all at NW 5.1, sp4 with edir 8.6.2 (sp3). We are getting ready to begin upgrades of all the servers to NW 6.5 sp1.1. Each server will have nw51sp6 applied just prior to the upgrade. The process will take 10 - 12 weeks to upgrade all of the servers. My question: Will we experience problems between servers still at NW 5.1 with edir 8.6.2 (sp3) and the new servers at NW 6.5 with edir 8.7.3? Will they cooexist in a fairly stable manner until all upgrades are complete? We prefer not to travel to all locations just to update edir.... THANKS! Rick. R ...

Netware 5.1 to 6.5 upgrade #2
Is there a preferred TID on putting a server back into the tree the way it was, if the migration wizard fails halfway through the migration? , > Is there a preferred TID on putting a server back into the tree the way it > was, if the migration wizard fails halfway through the migration? > It is in the migration wizard docs. See troubleshooting - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at http://support....

iManager 2.5 problem on NetWare 6.5 SP4 with eDir 8.8
Hello, We have two clustered NetWare 6.5 sp4a servers. Since the migration to edir 88, we are not able to connect to iManager 2.5. The message is "Login failed. The required dependencies were not found. Please reinstall this software from the original distribution to ensure the components are available. Refer to Novell documentation for the required prerequisites." We have tried the env "NDSD_TRY_NMASLOGIN_FIRST=true" in startup.ncf, but it makes nothing more. We tried to install iManager 2.6 on the other server, a nightmare. Is there a way to understan...

Netware 5.1 (nds 8.51) to Netware 6.5 edirectory
I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not edirectory) to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds version and do we need to update the nds first or directly upgrade to netware 6.5 as it is now? , > I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not > edirectory) > to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What > are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds ...

Web resources about - Upgrading 2 NetWare 5.1 servers to eDir 8.6.2 - novell.edirectory.netware

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube