Single server, Corrupted Directory

Hello

I was migrating a 5.1 to another hardware and wizard v6 stopped in the middle.

Destination server's name has changed and directory service is corrupt on
both destin and source server.

Restore directory services does not find any NDS backup file and both
servers are stuck.

- What should one do in such situations?

- How can one backup NDS on a server without having a Tape Backup? (I have
lost 150 defined users + permissions plus everything except files)

Regards,
Mac
0
siamaks2000
10/6/2006 10:59:33 AM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you have a backup of the database or have the BACKUP.NDS made by
migration wizard, you have to open a call with Novell and they should be
able to restore it...

Cheers, Akos

siamaks2000@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was migrating a 5.1 to another hardware and wizard v6 stopped in the
> middle.
>
> Destination server's name has changed and directory service is corrupt on
> both destin and source server.
>
> Restore directory services does not find any NDS backup file and both
> servers are stuck.
>
> - What should one do in such situations?
>
> - How can one backup NDS on a server without having a Tape Backup? (I have
> lost 150 defined users + permissions plus everything except files)
>
> Regards,
> Mac

0
Akos
10/6/2006 11:11:45 AM
siamaks2000@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was migrating a 5.1 to another hardware and wizard v6 stopped in
> the middle.
>
> Destination server's name has changed and directory service is
> corrupt on both destin and source server.

How did you determine that the DS on the source server is corrupt ?

--
Cheers,
Edward
> How did you determine that the DS on the source server is corrupt ?

- DS.NLM was not able to open database.
- NWConfig said there is a directory present on this server and was not
able to remove it either
- DSRepair had problem openning database or locking it.

Regards,
Mac

0
siamaks2000
10/7/2006 4:53:38 PM
siamaks2000@yahoo.com wrote:

> > How did you determine that the DS on the source server is corrupt ?
>
> - DS.NLM was not able to open database.
> - NWConfig said there is a directory present on this server and was
> not able to remove it either
> - DSRepair had problem openning database or locking it.

If you used the migration wizard the DIB set is being locked so you
can't open it anymore. It is not corrupted. Check the documentation of
the migration wizard next time on how to get it unlocked.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Consolidate 2 x Netware v5.1 servers (500gb total) to a single Netware v6.5 server
--____NQOYCJNRIBRQSEARRGXL____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 2 Mar 2007 22:23:22 +0900" Looking for suggestions for the best (quickest etc) way to get 500Gb of = data from 2 x Netware v5.1 SP6 servers to a single Netware v6.5 server = (same tree). There are Netware v6.0 SP5 servers in the tree also eDir is at v 8.6.2 or better throughout tree. Each of the Netware v5.1 servers has Arcserve v7 and a LTO tape drive. The Netware v5.1 server volumes are Trad...

netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree
I posted this in the NETWARE 6 forum also, but posting it here may be more relevant. I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running edirectory 8.7.1. From what I read on the site about mergin with edirectory 8.7.1, both the target tree and the source tree must have the same edirectory version. BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later netware server and I do not have that. Is there a way for me to merge the netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first upgrade...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

netware server see active directory
Hi I am trying to map a drive for a group at my work, only problem is that the group is located in Active Directory not in Netware. Is there a possible way in the login script to have netware check the active directory group to see who is a member of that group and therefore determine who gets that specific drive mapped to them. , > Is there a > possible way in the login script to have netware check the active > directory group to see who is a member of that group and therefore > determine who gets that specific drive mapped to them. > Not unless you replicate...

Netware 4.11 Single Server
I have installed SP9 but cannot load the Ethernet_II protocol At the console, I receive the message "The hardware configuration conflicts Attempt to reinitialize re-entrant module failed" When I look at the config it states the 802.2 procotol is already loaded and the configuration for the lan card is INT=3, DMA=5 & PORT=300. I am using the commands UNLOAD CNE2100 LOAD CNE2100 FRAME=Ethernet_II Name=CNE2100_1_EII SLOT=3 INT=3 DMA=5 PORT=300 When I execute these commands, and run config again, nothing has changed. How do I replace the 802.2 protocol with Etherne...

Want to compare test server directory with production server directory- easy way?
Hey guys, do any of you know of an easy way to compare two directories? I'd like to compare all the asp files between my test server and production server. Right now, I only know of doing that from the command prompt... and that's a lot of files to "fc file1 file2" for. I'd like to think I could just print out both directory listings, and compare by date and file size... but I'm kinda anal, and know that's not a bulletproof way. :) Thanks! -Thomas Beyond Compare... It's awsome. We use it here at work. http://www.scootersoftware.com/ check it out :// 13one Well,...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 eDirectory failed during eDirectory migration
Hello, Does anyone have a recommendation for fixing a failed eDirectory Acrross the wire migration? The file migration went fine, the backup of trustess went fine. During the eDirectory migration when it downed the source server and tried to finish up with the destination server it did not complete. It told me to copy the autoexec.mig to autoexec.ncg if it did not complete. It also had some other files to copy over as well, but I don't know what they are. Help In what state server stays? Can you get it up and running that you could run commands like dsrepair? I run i...

Directory Rights issue on Netware Server
I have one container in my tree which happens to be the IS Container where all the Information Services department employees resides, including the Network Admin and Admin equivs. Right now we are having a rights issue on the Home volume of a particular server. We have shared folder area setup where only certain users should have rights to certain folders based on groups they are in. If I create a new user in the IS Container (don't give them any rights). I can map a drive to the root of the Home volume and see all the data there including all users home directory. I ...

Netware Server-to-Server Replication
Hello: I am setting up a replicated SQLAnywhere DB in a company with 10-15 offices running Novell 4.10. I am proposing to place SQLAnywhere server on each Novell server and after determining a hierarchy of server DB's, setup replication across all of them. I will be replicating the data around every hour or so. My problem is I can not find an DBRemote agent (NLM) to run on each Novell server to allow replication. Is Novell server to server replication between SQLAnywhere DB's simply not supported? We are using v5.03. Thanks for time. Greg Norman Epicure -- ***...

move edirectory/netware server behind firewall
Hi, I am looking at putting my edirectory/netware server behind our company firewall, this will be the first netware box that we've put across. I am unsure of what I should be doing to my server in order to prepare for this move. Do I need to find out which port numbers we are using? Thanks for your help. Elizabeth > Do I need to find out which port numbers we are using? > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013531.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Support Connection SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Web resources about - Single server, Corrupted Directory - novell.edirectory.netware

The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chapter I Hadleyburg enjoys the reputation of being an “incorruptible” town known for its responsible, honest people that are trained to avoid ...

Corrupted Call - The Demonic Furby - YouTube
So a man named Milton, buys his obsese son a Furby doll. However what he soon finds out is that the Furby is a demon, who uses vulgar language ...

Dangerous liaisons: How George Alex and his gang corrupted the building industry
George Alex's ambition to control building construction in Australia was enabled by the backing of ruthless criminals, big building companies ...

Leaders of national political advisory body discuss expelling corrupted official
Leaders of national political advisory body discuss expelling corrupted official People's Daily Online 19 Chairman and vice chairpersons of ...

Apple is pushing out corrupted apps, remains silent on the matter
As highlighted by Instapaper developer Marco Arment, Apple appears to be pushing out corrupted updates that cause a number of apps to crash immediately ...

Now That Scalia Has Corrupted Kagan, What Progressive Pastime Should Kagan Make Scalia Do?
Scalia now has Kagan hunting defenseless animals. Great. His victory is nearly complete… Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter ...

Google introduces safety warnings for corrupted and modified Android software
... will be checked every single time the device boots, giving you a specific warning if the phone has been somehow tinkered with, or is corrupted. ...

Apple tells developers fix is coming for corrupted App Store
Developers were notified by Apple on Thursday that a fix is in the works for the corrupted iOS and Mac App Stores, some three days after a possible ...