Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?

I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1

My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration
wizard on one server and have
the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e.
have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with
edir/nds?)

Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the
5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers
from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time!

John
1/8/2005 9:03:23 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

John,
> My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration
> wizard on one server and have
> the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e.
> have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with
> edir/nds?)

Did not Marcel answer this elsewhere?? Yes he did:

From: "Marcel Cox" <cimetmc@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Newsgroups: novell.support.netware.6x.install-upgrade
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:54:34 GMT

It is not possible to do an in place upgrade from NW 5.0 to 6.5, e.g.
an upgrade on the same server

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders