how to backrev edir 8.7.3.8 to 8.7.3.7

Im need  to back rev 8738 to 8737 for Netware 6.5 SP5 server. I've looked
though TID 10100930 but am not sure if it applies since FACT only list
this is for Solaris, Linux or HP. Please let me know if it's ok to follow
this TID if not, please point me in the right direction.
Thank you!
0
ralph
4/19/2006 12:43:40 PM
📁 novell.edirectory.netware
📃 7858 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 870 Views

Hi,
ralph@canon.com wrote:

> Im need  to back rev 8738 to 8737 for Netware 6.5 SP5 server.
Why? You should have a damn good reason to do this. Backrevving
eDirectory isn't something that should be done lightly.
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
> Hi,
>
> ralph@canon.com wrote:
> >
> > Im need  to back rev 8738 to 8737 for Netware 6.5 SP5 server.
>
> Why? You should have a damn good reason to do this. Backrevving
> eDirectory isn't something that should be done lightly.
>
> CU,
> --
> Massimo Rosen
> Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
> No emails please!
> http://www.cfc-it.de
===================

Don't worry. Its not in a production enviroment. I need test a feature in
ZFS to push down edir patches in the testing enviroment.
please advise.
0
ralph
ralph@canon.com wrote:

> Don't worry. Its not in a production enviroment. I need test a feature in
> ZFS to push down edir patches in the testing enviroment.
> please advise.
There is no official way on Netware to do this. Basically, you have to
manually backrev all files updated by eDir8738, and remove the products
database entry for it.
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
4/19/2006 2:34:11 PM
well, if it's just a test environment, look at the 87PATCH.ILS file in
the patch and backrev the files listed there...

--
Cheers!
    Richard Beels

0