Single Value to Multi Value attribute

Hi all

I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory

dn: cn=schema
changetype: modify
add: attributeTypes
attributeTypes: (
source-oid
NAME 'source'
DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from'
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
SINGLE-VALUE
)

- I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value
  attribute,

- I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to
  'uniqueSource'

can any one please give me the exact syntax for the the above
modifications

Thanks
Sri

--
sriramt

sriramt
4/21/2008 8:36:02 PM
novell.edirectory.linux 3108 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Why don't you just create a new attr with the required name and
characteristics, and delete the old one?
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
4/21/2008 10:59:06 PM
sriramt wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory
>
> dn: cn=schema
> changetype: modify
> add: attributeTypes
> attributeTypes: (
> source-oid
> NAME 'source'
> DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from'
> SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
> SINGLE-VALUE
> )
>

> - I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value
>   attribute,
>
> - I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to
>   'uniqueSource'

You can't modify an attribute. You'll have to remove it and then
redefine it. If the attribute is in use by a class and there are
objects of that class you'll have to delete those objects first. Do as
Andrew says, create a new similar attribute. It'll spare you the
headaches.

--
Cheers,
Edward

I have a question, Just knowledge sake,

If we extend the schema, in which location or files the details of the
extended classes and attributes will be stored ..?

Thanks again
Sri

--
sriramt
sriramt's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5151

0
sriramt
4/22/2008 3:56:02 PM
sriramt wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your reply, I will follow your suggestion.
>
> I have a question, Just knowledge sake,
>
> If we extend the schema, in which location or files the details of the
> extended classes and attributes will be stored ..?
>
> Thanks again
> Sri

They are stored in the directory database which you can't access. It is
not being maintained in a single file.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Web resources about - Single Value to Multi Value attribute - novell.edirectory.linux

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...