Replace a value of a current attribute?

I need to "adjust" the full name field in our eDirectory

It doesn't look like (in consoleone anyway) that this is a multi-valued
attribute.

Nor do I want/need it to be.

Would my ldif thingy look like?

dn: cn=dcschmid,ou=SOME,o=ABC
changetype: modify
replace: fullName
fullName: Drew Schmidt

???

--
kjhurni

kjhurni
8/25/2009 7:26:02 PM
novell.edirectory.linux 3108 articles. 0 followers. Follow

0
ab
8/25/2009 8:40:05 PM
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:26:02 +0000, kjhurni wrote:

> dn: cn=dcschmid,ou=SOME,o=ABC
> changetype: modify
> replace: fullName
> fullName: Drew Schmidt

That should work, provided that cn=dcschmid doesn't already have some
case insensitive variant of "Drew Schmidt" as its fullname.

 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Novell Knowledge Partner                         http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via email.

0
David

Mutli-valued attribute to multi-valued attribute
We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the attribute from the object. Any ideas ? > We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a > multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are > adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is > lost. When deleting ...

how to replace attribute values?
Hi guys, I know that if I can update a property like this:If (User.Properties.Contains("test")) Then    User.Properties("test")(0) = "testing 1" 'Update itElse 'It does not exist, so add it    User.Properties("test").Add("testing 2")end ifHowever, If i add the values as multiple values, e.g. User.Properties("test").AddRange(New Object() {"text 1", "text 2"})how can i update it? First remove and then add?  How to do so? If you want to replace the values, you can either remove all the values and then add the new ones or more easily you can just use the .Val...

One attribute value to two attributes/ values in eDir
Collective, I have a very interesting issue. I have the need to break one attribute that is in AD (ADval1) to two attributes in eDir (attrval1 and attrval2) . Basically what I want to do is take ADval1 and break that data into the two other attributes, attrval1 and attrval2. The attribute in AD looks like this: AD attribute value data 1 | value data 2 In eDir it looks like this: eDir attribute 1 vlaue data 1 eDir attribute 2 value data 2 I don't know if that's clear, when it was explained to me it was a white board. Has anyone tried this or have any id...

How to replace multiple values of an attribute
Hi, I spent my whole afternoon searching for a solution for replacing all values of an attrbute by an array. So what i got is basicly an reference $values to an array of my new values. I could iterate through the array using foreach my $value (@$values) {...} The code that works is: my $mesg1=$backendConn->modify($dn, replace => [$attr, ["Hello", "Test"]] ); But i need to be more flexible and tried today a lot of variations of... my $mesg1=$backendConn->modify($d...

Query a multivalued attribute and store part of each value in a single valued string/attribute
Hello hello again, so I am trying to cook something again and obviously I am failing. I have a mutlivalued attribute in eDirectory and I need to store a part from each value into a single valued attribute. Example: Attribute A - value1: 001-I - value2: 002-D - value3: 003-M I need the I and the D and the M and store in a single valued attribute Attribute B -value: IDM I managed to query the destination user to get the attribute I want from the user ... WOHOO :-) Yet everythin after fails Here is what I cooked up: <actions> <do-set-local-variable n...

SQL QUERY replace NULL value in a row with a value from the previous known value
Hi!! I have a table with no unique ID, I created an Id with ROW_NUMBER () OVER (ORDER BY column asc) rank and created a stored procedure with the rank and table. In this stored procedure I want to create an extra column that checks if the value from another columns contains value = 100 rank,Ifnummer,followingnr,productnr testing 2313,'6497269','001' ,412 , NULL 2314,'6497269','002' ,413 , NULL 2315,'6497269','003' ,100 , yes 2316,'6497269','004' ,430 ,NULL ...

Replace Value via DAL gives -614 exception if new value is same as existing value
AAA I am experiencing a problem in the 3.5 UserApp Workflow. I wonder if anyone else has come across this problem where the UserApp breaks when replacing a boolean attribute with the same value that it already holds. BBB In my eDir Schema I have a non-mandatory boolean single valued attribute. In the DAL the attribute in the Entity Definition has Edit Read View and Enable Access In the workflow, I have an Entity Activity which has Modify Type set to Replace Value and Modify Value Expression set to True. CCC If the Entity Activity is performed when the object has ...

When will the replacement for linux edirectory 8.7.3.6 patch be available
Hi We have several edirectory 8.7.3.4 servers running on linux falling over regularly. 8.7.3.6 may have fixed this but the patch was recalled. Management pulled the plug on my upgrade even though I had showed we did not have a dataset that would trigger 8.7.3.6. When will the replacement be released? I may have to force the issue soon and just apply 8.7.3.6 as we are having outages due to the 8.7.3.4 bugs. Cheers Matt Please explain how they fall over. Meaning what triggers failures. > Hi > > We have several edirectory 8.7.3.4 servers running on linux f...

Single Value to Multi Value attribute
Hi all I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory dn: cn=schema changetype: modify add: attributeTypes attributeTypes: ( source-oid NAME 'source' DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 SINGLE-VALUE ) - I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value attribute, - I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to 'uniqueSource' can any one please give me the exact syntax for the the above modifications ...

Clear all values / Remove attribute values
How can you remove all values for an attribute in an application? (LDAP-OID) If I use "do-clear-dest-attr-value" It wants a value to remove. I want do-clear-dest-attr-value(s) when I do not care what the attribute values are. THe situation is there is a flag in OID and we want to remove the all attribute values form the attribute based on a event in Edirectory. Thanks -jim do-clear-dest-attr-value is what you want - it does not require a value. -- Father Ramon Jim Willeke wrote: > How can you remove all values for an attribute in an application? >...

Pulling Values out Mulit-Valued Attribute

PickList field with values from a multi-valued attribute
Hello there, I have a PickList field in my form that I want to fill with a list of values. Let's call that field "department". The values must be dynamically obtained from a multi-valued attribute of a given Organizational Unit. Let's call that attribute "list-of-departments". I have a DAL entity that exposes the object class (Organizational Unit) and its attribute. Let's call the DAL entity "OU" and let's call the exposed attribute key "list-of-departments" (like the attribute itself). Of course, I have a field that cont...

unable to evaluate values in an multi-valued attribute
Dear Forum, we are running UA 4.0.1. We have to search through all values of an given attribute for evaluation purpose. According to the documentation either form.getValues() and idvault.get should return an array when multiple-values are found. Unfortunately this seams not to work. var contracts = IDVault.get(null, dn, "eCampus-User", "eCAssigmentsJStr"); form.setValues("AssigmentJStrs", contracts); var numOfContracts = contracts.length(); Testing has shown that the variable contracts is set correct, 'cos the form field AssigmentJStr is sh...

Passing QueryString Value into a HiddenField Value Attribute
Having trouble passing the value of a query string into the Value attribute of a HiddenField. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated:  <asp:HiddenField ID="NAME" runat="server" Value="querystringVALUE" />   Do it in the Page_Load :   <asp:HiddenField ID="NAME" runat="server" Value="querystringVALUE" />  NAME.value = request.querystring("myURLParameter") Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

Web resources about - Replace a value of a current attribute? - novell.edirectory.linux

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...