XP question. #2

I need to run a batch file with administrator rights when users without
administrator rights log on to the local PC. Is there any freeware programs
that will do this that you know of?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0
Arthur
3/28/2012 10:26:54 AM
novell.community.chat 7635 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think I have it sorted.

"Arthur"  wrote in message

I need to run a batch file with administrator rights when users without
administrator rights log on to the local PC. Is there any freeware programs
that will do this that you know of?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0
Arthur
3/28/2012 11:42:51 AM
Not offhand - you may want to browse around on cnet:
"http://download.cnet.com/windows/?tag=hdr;brandnav"

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462

0
leroyjjr
3/28/2012 6:16:01 PM
'lsrunase : runas with encrypted password'
(http://www.moernaut.com/default.aspx?item=lsrunase)

--
bpenris
bpenris's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7496
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=454006

0
bpenris

XP Question #2
I help several organizations with their computer systems. Some of these folks are getting new XP machines and although I have told them that the XP Install disks are not interchangeable in the way the WIN98 disk are, they are still allowing the disks that come with the new machines to get intermingled. Here is the question: Do the actual install (or, more properly, the restore) disks have to be used to re-install (restore) an XP operating system or is the Key (or what ever it is called) enough to allow a legal reinstall? Put another way, if I just record the Key and then use any ...

2 Questions #2
1) Is there a way to search these on our email address - I have a tough time trying to find mine 2) I have a user when she holds the mouse over an address in the address book or in the TO line in a message, the information doesn't display (ie., the phone, etc. that is maintained in console1) 1) Search for what ??? 2) QuickInfo disabled perhaps ???? Addressbook and menu View -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through ema...

2 questions #2
1) How do you define global & lexical variables in Perl? 2) Is the arrow (->) a commonly used Perl operator? TIA, - NP _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. --- Naveen Parmar <naveen_parmar@hotmail.com> wrote: > 1) How do you define global & lexical variables in Perl? > 2) Is the arrow (->) a commonly used Perl operator? > > TIA, > - NP Global variables may be defined in several different manners. 1. Fully qualified with package na...

2 questions #2
(1) Can anyone tell me what the message, which pops up in recovery console after running the fixmbr command, that reads "This system appears to have a non-standard or invalid Master Boot Record" means? I have used disksector to read the code and see no apparent difference from the sample given in the help section for the MBR! (2) Is it possible to completely disable all UDP ports for a stand alone workstation that is used for very little more than to browse the web and write word documents? I connect to a cable modem via a router. "Matthew August Petti"...

2 questions #2
1. Is there any way to create desktop shortcut from a DOSS batch file ? 2. Is there any way to install fonts using DOSS batch file ? thanks Tana not in PB, but: you can make a C dll with two functions that calls inside to control pannel API's that creates the shortcut and install font, then use rundll32.exe in dos command line to execute these functions. Amit Tana <sahbaz@msn.com> wrote in message news:qEiQ0vyz$GA.203@forums.sybase.com... > 1. Is there any way to create desktop shortcut from a DOSS batch file ? > 2. Is there any way to install fonts using D...

2 questions #2
New to TB 2.0RC1 from Windows Mail, so thanks for your patience. Whenever I open TB, it checks and loads new messages from all my newsgroups instead of just email. My email accounts are the only ones marked "check for new messages at start-up" in account settings. My 4 news servers do not have this checked, but they are still downloading new headers each time TB is opened. Also, is there a way to configure email server checking timeout? I use YPOPS to check email on yahoo and it needs just a little longer than whatever is set as the default. It times outs. Th...

2 questions #2
Hi. I'm using Seamonkey 1.1.8 Composer for my website. and I have 2 questions. Is it possible to control the colour of text links? on my website they are blue, pink purple and white, seems that I cannot control it. Another question: I made up my webpages centered on a page but on many computers everything has moved to the left. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. BO bo janmaat / bo-photography www.bojanmaat.com E: bo-photography@swiftdsl.com.au M: 0408 640 199 Media All. nr.: 6000697 All rights reserved. No images or text may be used or duplicated without my permission....

2 questions #2
1) i got a registration wizard and when they get to step 3/4 (confirmation) they can go back to step 2 and edit something again if that was enterd incorrectly, but when they go back to step 2 i want to automaticly refresh that page so the control number (automaticly generated to prevent signup bots) updates again 2) i dont want asp.net to fill in the control number automaticly in the textbox field, it now fills it in auctomaticly and i need to prevent that somehow...

2 Questions #2
Hi all. Two possibly simple questions. Trying to save users some keystrokes. 1. Is there any way to set the position of the cursor in a column in a datawindow? For example, we have an 11 digit number. The first 9 digits are system generated. The user enters the last 2 numbers. If I grab the first 9 from the database and populate the column with a setitem, the cursor appears at the beginning of the data in the column. I'd like it to appear at the end so the user doesn't have to hit the end key or move over with the arrow key. Any suggestions? 2. Is there a way to si...

Windows XP Question #2
I am running Windows XP Home with Kerio 2.14 firewall. Can anyone tell me why Explorer.exe is trying to contact sa.windows.com? It could be the Windows XP Search Assistant. Read more about it here: http://pctalk.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10 http://www.devhood.com/News/news_details.aspx?news_id=3063 http://www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=25190 http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-20.html "Ed Keith" <edkeith60@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5hgn6vctbvcqs09rpnjiorpie5akrccatd@4ax.com... > I am running Windows XP Home with Kerio 2.14 f...

Windows XP question #2
Scenario: Computer A Dell with an Intel PIII 550 mghz cpu 512 mb of ram. Dual WD 40 gig hard drives. multi boot. 2k pro, XP pro Computer B Dell with a P4 1.2 ghz CPU. 256 mb of RAM 1 Seagate 40 gig drive RAM in A is compatible with B What happens if I take the RAM and drives from A and put them in B?? Theoretically 2K or XP should boot, recognize the difference and install necessary drivers. Correct?? tyia -- Steve 95isalive This site is best viewed............ ........................with a computer 95isalive wrote: > Scenario: > > Compute...

XP Pro question ... #2
Just curious ... is a clean install of XP Pro supposed to default into a volume letter other than c: even if there is only one partition? I thought that was kinda cool from a security standpoint, but I still thought I'd ask ;) ____________________________ Joe K. "Joe" <i386@usa.net> wrote in news:aq4ot8$2k11$1@news.grc.com: > Just curious ... is a clean install of XP Pro supposed to default > into a volume letter other than c: even if there is only one > partition? I thought that was kinda cool from a security > standpoint, but I still thought I&#...

2 Newbie Questions #2
I am an experienced programmer, but new to ASP.NET. I'm using WebMatrix, and have gone through all of the tutorials and now I'm trying to expand on what I learned there. Question #1: I am trying to query a database using 'Like' in the SQL SELECT statement, where the user can enter a first name and a last name (full or partial with * wildcards), and the datagrid will show that persons information. The WebMatrix code generator wizard creates this WHERE clause: " WHERE (([tblContact].[FName] like @FName)" & _ " AND ([tblContact].[LName] like @LName))" ...

2 easy questions #2
1) What is Quick info? 2) Why can I 'copy message header' but can't include that same information in replies, etc? for example, I click copy message header and I get this when I paste: From: Bob Smith To: Smith, Cindy; MIS Department Date: 8/25/2004 1:03:24 PM Subject: Re: Marketing Dist. Email But regular reply tos only have >>> Bob Smith 8/25/2004 1:03 PM >>> Okay. Nevermind about Quick info. I found it. 1 easy question! "Craig" <tech@novoco.com> wrote in message news:448Xc.1148$zN.1020@prv-forum2.provo....

Web resources about - XP question. #2 - novell.community.chat

Neil D'Costa and Chris Rogers question whether more could be done to honour memory of Phillip Hughes
Phillip Hughes' long-time coach and mentor has questioned whether cricket administrators are doing &quot;everything humanly possible&quot; to ...

Question Of The Day: First-ever car ride?
Filed under: Automotive History The first time you were ever in a motor vehicle, what was it? Continue reading Question Of The Day: First-ever ...

Housing Rebound Didn't Lift Economy as Much as Economists Expected: Why?; Six Questions for Zandi
Home prices are nearly back to where they were before the crash. In some places, home prices are above where they were at the peak of the national ...

Real question: did Brad Pitt wear a ’90s wiglet at ‘The Big Short’ premiere?
Brad Pitt could potentially have a film at the Oscars this year. NO, not By the Sea . His real Oscar-bait film this year is The Big Short , which ...

Want a job at Apple? Here are 10 of the toughest interview questions
We alternately praise and criticize the folks at Apple depending on whether they just created the iPhone or Apple Maps, but there’s no doubting ...

Trump questions Hillary's 'stamina,' apparently unaware of her marathon Benghazi hearing
Donald Trump will find a new criticism of Hillary Clinton soon because his latest one is downright ludicrous. In an appearance on ABC’s “This ...

Lisa Vanderpump Is the Latest 'RHOBH' Star to Question Yolanda Foster's Lyme Disease
Lisa Vanderpump Is the Latest 'RHOBH' Star to Question Yolanda Foster's Lyme Disease

What's The Right Way To Ask Audiences Questions?
The key to asking questions of an audience is authenticity.

LSU's Miles Sidestepping Questions About His Future
ABC News LSU's Miles Sidestepping Questions About His Future ABC News LSU head coach Les Miles ponders a reporter's question's following an ...