Data or Data

I pronounce it "data".  HTH

0
Craig
8/31/2009 5:13:11 PM
novell.community.chat 7635 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I pronounce it dAta and data.  Depends upon my mood and the context it's
in.  Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P
0
Matthew
8/31/2009 5:20:38 PM
Matthew wrote:
> I pronounce it dAta and data.  Depends upon my mood and the context it's
> in.  Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P

Lt Commander D "ay" ta.  Nuff said.  In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski
when she called him D "ah" ta.   D ay ta, d ah ta, what's the
difference?  One is my name... the other is not.

:)

<-geek

0
Patrick
8/31/2009 7:03:07 PM

> Lt Commander D "ay" ta.  Nuff said.  In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski

she was a horrible actor, at least on that show.  Cant stand her.
0
Greg
8/31/2009 7:17:01 PM
Seems like Latin would say DAHTOOM, no?

"Patrick Farrell" <pfarrell@packereng.com> wrote in message
> Matthew wrote:
>> I pronounce it dAta and data.  Depends upon my mood and the context it's
>> in.  Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P
>
> Lt Commander D "ay" ta.  Nuff said.  In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski when
> she called him D "ah" ta.   D ay ta, d ah ta, what's the difference?  One
> is my name... the other is not.
>
> :)
>
> <-geek

0
Craig
8/31/2009 8:09:40 PM
Craig wrote:

> I pronounce it "data".  HTH

I remember a pianist friend of mine telling me that once she
accompanied on piano for a vocal competition. She didn't get to
practice at all with any of them. They would just walk in, hand her the
music and audition.

Someone came in and sang that old "You say potayto, I say potahto, You
say tomayto, I say tomahto" song. The problem was the vocalist didn't
'get' the song and sang them all alike (tomayto, tomayto etc).

She laughed so hard while the person was singing they had to stop.

--
brain
0

> She laughed so hard while the person was singing they had to stop.

Boomer
8/31/2009 8:31:24 PM
> I pronounce it "data".  HTH

Mmmmmm  daaaatuh

0
GofBorg
8/31/2009 9:44:05 PM
Patrick Farrell wrote:

> Lt Commander D "ay" ta.  Nuff said.  In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski when
> she called him D "ah" ta.   D ay ta, d ah ta, what's the difference?  One
> is my name... the other is not.

I loved that line :)

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
DZanre wrote:
> Patrick Farrell wrote:
>
>> Lt Commander D "ay" ta.  Nuff said.  In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski when
>> she called him D "ah" ta.   D ay ta, d ah ta, what's the difference?  One
>> is my name... the other is not.
>
> I loved that line :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ongdysChaY#t=1m52s
0
Patrick

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Data Data :|
Ok, i have a very simple access database called score with just one table called high. This is just going to be used to keep the current score of a higher scorer and there name However, when the page loads i want the user to see this current high score and the persons name, but just one record i only ever want this to hold one record aswell..When the user finish’s the game there score is currently presented to them, when this happens i would like to connect to the database and check weather there score is higher than the current score (may have changed since they loaded page...

Data Connection has no data in the data grid???
I have a data connection that I use to create a data set and I bind the data set to a data grid, but when I run the page no data or grid appears... I know there is data in the table that the data connection attaches to. Please review my code below and offer suggestions why my data grid is empty. Thanks,Ryan<%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Register TagPrefix="wmx" Namespace="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI" Assembly="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626" %><%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ import Namespace...

to fetch data gridview data into a data table
Hi I have one gridview. which have some textboxes and some are data boud columns. I want to fetch whole the data in the gridview into one data set or datatable.And then insert that dataset or datatable into one other database table. Is there any way to do that. Please reply as soon as possible at max_ashu@yahoo.com and ashish.gautam@rbs.com  regards Ashish Gautam Hi, >>"...and some are data boud columns..."  Where does the original data on the GridView come from? From you words, seems that it also from a DataSet? If so, you can save the input values ...

data type DATA
just want to ask why i still encounter "Type Expected" error in the DATA data type. though i already imports the System.Data.SqlClient...

how to htmlencode data when using data controls to display data
Hi Lets say you are displaying a colllection of records in a gridview and you want to make sure all of the rows and columns are html encoded before you display them, how can can you get the gridview to do this automatically? I don't want to have to create a template for each bound column. Thanks very much andrea Hi Andrea, I believe there is a "HtmlEncode" property on each column that you can set.  By default I believe it is set to true.  You can pull up the column editor by selecting the "edit columns" task, and then select the columns in the botton left of the dialog to see...

How to get data from data base and display it in data grid
 hi,am having a connection to data base and now what i want is , how can i display the data from database and display it in my data grid.any sample code of 2 or 3 lines can be of great help. i know how do i get data for a drop down from data base  as below.List<CRoleBE> roleList = roleInterface.GetAllRoles();ddlBaseRole.Items.Add(new ListItem("Select any Role", "-1"));foreach (CRoleBE businessEntity in roleList){    ListItem item = new ListItem(businessEntity.Name, businessEntity.ID.ToString());    ddlBaseRole.Items.Add(i...

Data and Data Access
Hi, I have been lately programming against both an SQL server DB and an Oracle DB. Both containing the same data. There seems to be massive differences in how quickly each DB reacts to SQL queries. I was wondering if anyone knew or has any tips about decreasing the amount of time queries take to execute. My problem, when performing a multiple join query and returning 260 records the query in Oracle will take about one and a half minutes the same in SQL will take 14 seconds (still too long), using the same query returning 4 records takes Oracle about 1 second and SQL around 8. I see peo...

Data Set ---- Data Row ( How to retrieve column data in a array )
Question regarding Dataset in ASP.NET ds = DBFunctions.RunSelect("select * from emp where Userid='" & vUserID & "'") If (ds.Tables(0).Rows.Count > 0) Then Dim dr As DataRow = ds.Tables(0).Rows(0)location= dr("location")  -- this statement only gives me the first locaitonMytable userid          location111              AAA111              BBB111         ...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

Need to get whole data from data grid view into data table
Hi I have one gridview. which have some textboxes and some are data boud columns. I want to fetch whole the data in the gridview into one data set or datatable.And then insert that dataset or datatable into one other database table. Is there any way to do that. Please reply as soon as possible at max_ashu@yahoo.com and ashish.gautam@rbs.com  regards Ashish Gautam Hi,Can you check this article helps you http://www.aspdotnetcodes.com/GridView_Insert_Edit_Update_Delete.aspx. becoz they took data input from gridview control and insert into the database then display it again. p...

How to speed up the data assignment from one data window to another data window ?
I have a report program that need to show three different periods of sales data for my users. I used a datastore ( called 'dw_source' ) to hold these information and then used three 'for loops' to assign individual sales data to related period columns into the final data window ( called 'dw_target' ) that will be displayed for the users. The number of columns on the report group are user selected and the program will do all grouping and subtotal when the group data changed ( is a dynamic created data window ). The time needed to do the the assingment from &...

read data, write to table, delete data then save other data to DB
hi basically its as it says in the title, i have a page where a user enters a stock_id and qty, then when the click the proceed button, i need a loop to find all enteries in a tbl_location, the table looks like this loc_id    stock_id    loc1   qty1   loc2   qty2  ....... loc 5   qty5============================================== all values are numbers. it needs to loop through that (there will usually be more than one line) and compare it with the qty entered by the user then save the qty and loc's from that t...

Data manipulation in data repeater or data grid control problem! Please Help!
Hi all,the following is the structure of my database tabletable {  DateTime StartDate;  DateTime EndDate;  VarChar Event;}I'm trying to grab start date and end date from database, then reformat the Dates to represent as "StartDate-EndDate" and i am using a data repeater control to display the data. How would I do it without adding another column say DisplayDates in the database? I guess my questions is how can I grab values from database, then do some manipulation of that data and display it in a data repeater or data grid control?thanks in advanced! H...

Web resources about - Data or Data - novell.community.chat

Data - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For data in computer science, see Data (computing) . For other uses, see Data (disambiguation) . is a set of values of qualitative or quantitative ...

Data stickies, a graphene alternative to flash drives
Data stickies is a design concept, but not necessarily a pipe dream. There’s some real science here. dataSTICKIES are conceptualized to be made ...

This Shirtless-Scientist Casually Rescues a Baby Deer While Collecting Data in a Frack Pond
He's probably collected a few hearts by now too. Submitted by: (via jaclyn b ) Tagged: baby animals , animals , cute , deer , rescue , ...

Man accused of stealing celeb data
Federal authorities claim a man hacked access to sex tapes, movie scripts and unreleased music from scores of celebrities and attempted to sell ...

Cloud, virtualization take toll on data centers
The data center is transforming modernizing to meet business demand as technologies such as software-defined architecture, cloud and virtualization ...

If Comcast Is Going To Enforce Data Caps, It Has To Provide More Accurate Info To Customers
Another day, another story calling into question the validity of the data caps that Comcast has brought to a number of new markets in recent ...

Gov’t Report Details How EPA Relied On ‘Inaccurate’ Air Pollution Data
'None of the 12 plans included sufficient evidence ... that each monitor met EPA siting requirements'

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

Microsoft Buys Metanautix to Bolster Data Analytics Capabilities
Microsoft acquires Metanautix to help users analyze all of their data; Gurucul's Hybrid Behavior Analytics bridges cloud and enterprise security; ...

Not So Kawaii! Researcher Reports More Than 3M Hello Kitty Fans Exposed In Data Breach
An Austin security researcher says more than 3 million accounts on Sanrio sites were exposed to the web by an insecure database. Data on more ...