Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster

Hi all,
I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster
my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the
existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node

would you know if this would work ?

thanks for your futur reply

Oli
0
bolivier
8/26/2004 3:34:06 PM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi!

We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together
alright!
Virtual volumes etc.

HJ

>>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>>
Hi all,
I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing
Netware 6.0 cluster
my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5
and join the
existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other
node

would you know if this would work ?

thanks for your futur reply

Oli

0
Heimo
8/27/2004 1:25:08 PM
Yes, NW6 and NW6.5 will exist in the same cluster by design.  It is
not a long term recommended route, but it is a suggested upgrade plan.

Tim

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:34:06 GMT, bolivier@eircom.net wrote:

>Hi all,
>I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster
>my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the
>existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node
>
>would you know if this would work ?
>
>thanks for your futur reply
>
>Oli

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim

How do I upgrade a NetWare 5.1 cluster to a NetWare 6 cluster
I can't seem to find documents that discribe this process clearly. I beleive that the deployment manager must be run first (2 node cluster running 5.1 SP4 and 8.6.2 edir). The deployment manager does something, and then restarts the servers without cluster services loaded. Do I then upgrade one by booting with NW6 CD? And then upgrade the other the same way? And what happens to my shared NSS volume? When do I actually do the manual commands to upgrade it, before upgrading the first node, before upgrading the second node, after the deployment manager? The documentation i...

Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5
I would like to upgrade a Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5. All documentation I've read says to do an in-place upgrade on each node to accomplish this. When I try an in-place upgrade of a test standalone 6.0 server it is very messy. What I would like to do instead is remove 1 node from the cluster (TID 10060341), rebuild it from scratch as a 6.5 server and add it back to the cluster. Repeat the process for the remaining 2 nodes. Should this work? I like the idea of having a clean install of the OS. Yes, that should work. -- Andrew C Taubman Nov...

Inplace Rolling upgrade from NetWare 6 SP4 with Clustering 1.6 to NetWare 6.5 SP2
Hello All, We have a Netware 6.5 sp4 Cluster with cluster services 1.6. We want to do a rolling upgrade of the system. Could anyone point me to the right place so I can do this correctly or give me some advice. Thanks Colin On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:15:08 +0000, colinb wrote: Take a look at TID 10094313 and be sure to the read the NW 6.5 documentation. Also don't forget to use the Deployment Manager off the root of the NW 6.5 OS install CD to prepare your environment for the new versions of eDir 8.7 and NCS 1.7 -- //Niclas Ekstedt _________________________________...

Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5 Cluster Coexist
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can Netware 6.0 (Cluster services 1.6) and Netware 6.5 cluster services = coexist in the same cluster..? Thanks Dean --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3D...

Cluster of mixed Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5 nodes
Hi, we have a 2-nodes cluster based on Netware 6.0 + NCS 1.6, and we are looking to migrate to Netware 6.5 + NCS 1.7. In order to do a soft migration, is it possible to mix in the same cluster a node with Netware 6.0 and another with Netware 6.5? Thank you in advance, Yours, Carles Ciutat BARCELONA cciutat@ccrtvasi.cat wrote: >In order to do a soft >migration, is it possible to mix in the same cluster a node with Netware >6.0 and another with Netware 6.5? Yes. Check the NCS 1.7/1.8 documentation. It specifically describes the upgrade scenario for NetWare 6....

upgrading Netware 5.1 with cluster 1.1 to netwarte 6.5 cluster 1.7
Hi, We are upgrading a 2 node cluster running Netware 5.1 sp 6 with cluster 1.1 to Netware 6.5 cluster 1.7. Halfway throu the process, both Netwareservers upgraded, the clusterupgrade starts, but after checking the 2 servers it claims: "at least 2 servers is needed..." something like this. We are using Overlay CD with Netware 6.5 sp1. The servers can both see the SAN Do you have a suggestion then dont hesitate... Thanks in advance Christian Krabbe Hi, We detached one of the servers and retryed. And viola. (Don't know why we had to detach...) Bye ...

Netware 6.5/6.0 cluster
So will it be okay for me to run 2 NetWare 6.5 nodes and 1 NetWare 6.0 node in my 3 node cluster? I'm waiting to upgrade the NetWare 6.0 node because it looks like I can't run the ZFD midtier server on NetWare 6.5. I'm slightly worried about having both versions in my cluster. Thanks in advance! Yes, they will work together in the same cluster. The intention is to allow rolling upgrades, so you shouldn't do this on a permanent basis. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not p...

Migrating from 6.0 non-cluster to 6.5 cluster
I have read in this forum to use NetWare Server Consolidation Utility to migrate the data form my current NW6 production server to the new NW6.5 server. Do I do this before I install Cluster Services, after, or does it matter? Should I consolidate to one of the new servers in the cluster (if installed) and then create my shared volumes, etc? Thanks, Howie Ferguson Howie, If you use different hardware then first build the cluster. Including resources and test them. Then migrate using the Consolidation Util Been there done it, worked like a charm ;) Skipper CNE 6 ...

Netware 6 cluster upgrade to 6.5, w/ new hardware
Greetings, I'd like to ask for some advice and suggestions for a complete hardware/software upgrade. Here is our current setup: Server A: Netware 6, sp3, NCS Proliant PII class Server B: Netware 6, sp3, NCS Proliant PIII class Both A and B attached to a Compaq RA4100 via fibre channel Server C: Netware 5.1, sp6 Proliant PI class (only runs BE9, attached to HP tape library) New Hardware: Server 1&2: Compaq ML 370 towers, 3G Xeon, 2G Ram 1 additional fiber channel card. Target Setup: Server 1,2 and B: Netware 6.5 cluster Server A: Possible backup serve...

Migrating to 6.5 clusters services from 5.1 cluster services
Hi all, I have a question regarding an upcoming migration from 5.1 cluster sevices to 6.5 cluster services with a fiber attached SAN. We are getting 3 new servers to upgrade the nodes which make up our cluster. So current 3 node cluster to a new 6.5 3 node cluster. If we follow the migration instructions setup the new server with a temp name and temp tree migrate the first server etc etc ending up with all three new servers migrated to 6.5. Do I then install clustering services for 6.5 on the new servers? How do i get the 5.1 nss volumes updated to work with 6.5? We can not do an in...

Migrating Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 Clustered...
Hello everybody. I have a Netware 5.1 server with 150 GB of data on SYS:. We final system is a two-node Netware 6.5 cluster with 36 GB SYS:-volume local in each server (HP DL360) and a MSA1000 with 1.5 TB of data. Since the local nodes can't "hold" the 150 GB of data, I had to get the MSA1000 into action. To do that, I needed to install the two nodes in a temporary tree and install the cluster software, which all works fine. But: If using Novell Migration Wizard, my destination isn't any of the nodes, but the virtual disk-system and I can't get this t...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Web resources about - Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster - novell.cluster-services

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube