Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5

I would like to upgrade a Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5
sp5.  All documentation I've read says to do an in-place upgrade on each
node to accomplish this.  When I try an in-place upgrade of a test
standalone 6.0 server it is very messy.  What I would like to do instead
is remove 1 node from the cluster (TID 10060341), rebuild it from scratch
as a 6.5 server and add it back to the cluster.  Repeat the process for
the remaining 2 nodes.

Should this work?  I like the idea of having a clean install of the OS.
0
robert
4/5/2006 7:22:28 PM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, that should work.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

Cluster of mixed Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5 nodes
Hi, we have a 2-nodes cluster based on Netware 6.0 + NCS 1.6, and we are looking to migrate to Netware 6.5 + NCS 1.7. In order to do a soft migration, is it possible to mix in the same cluster a node with Netware 6.0 and another with Netware 6.5? Thank you in advance, Yours, Carles Ciutat BARCELONA cciutat@ccrtvasi.cat wrote: >In order to do a soft >migration, is it possible to mix in the same cluster a node with Netware >6.0 and another with Netware 6.5? Yes. Check the NCS 1.7/1.8 documentation. It specifically describes the upgrade scenario for NetWare 6....

netware 6.0 sp5 to netware 6.5 sp5 upgrade
how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? kjs@verizon.net wrote: > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 server to netware 6.5 sp5? Well you got a few options here. You can do a in-place upgrade if you have direct access to the server. If you don't have direct access you can do a across the wire upgrade. If you want to replace your old hardware you can use the migration wizard. -- Cheers, Edward where can i get the migration wizard? > kjs@verizon.net wrote: > > > how can i easily upgrade a netware 6.0 sp5 serve...

Inplace Rolling upgrade from NetWare 6 SP4 with Clustering 1.6 to NetWare 6.5 SP2
Hello All, We have a Netware 6.5 sp4 Cluster with cluster services 1.6. We want to do a rolling upgrade of the system. Could anyone point me to the right place so I can do this correctly or give me some advice. Thanks Colin On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:15:08 +0000, colinb wrote: Take a look at TID 10094313 and be sure to the read the NW 6.5 documentation. Also don't forget to use the Deployment Manager off the root of the NW 6.5 OS install CD to prepare your environment for the new versions of eDir 8.7 and NCS 1.7 -- //Niclas Ekstedt _________________________________...

How do I upgrade a NetWare 5.1 cluster to a NetWare 6 cluster
I can't seem to find documents that discribe this process clearly. I beleive that the deployment manager must be run first (2 node cluster running 5.1 SP4 and 8.6.2 edir). The deployment manager does something, and then restarts the servers without cluster services loaded. Do I then upgrade one by booting with NW6 CD? And then upgrade the other the same way? And what happens to my shared NSS volume? When do I actually do the manual commands to upgrade it, before upgrading the first node, before upgrading the second node, after the deployment manager? The documentation i...

Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5 Cluster Coexist
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can Netware 6.0 (Cluster services 1.6) and Netware 6.5 cluster services = coexist in the same cluster..? Thanks Dean --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3D...

upgrade Netware 6 SP5 to Netware 6.5 SP5
We want to update a Netware 6 server to Netware 6.5 SP5. The server is running: eguide 2.1.0 NDPS 3.0.5 File services Named $ DHCP 1.2.0 Master server (ROOT-replica) Are there any special steps to take, for updating the Eguide and the NDPS services, or is this migrated by the upgrade process automatically? nospammail@atmyaddress.com wrote: > for updating the Eguide and the NDPS > services, NDPS will get the new NLM's - don't know about eGuide. Make sure you put the NetWare 6.5 OS CD in a workstation and run the deployment manager before doing the upg...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Netware 6.5/6.0 cluster
So will it be okay for me to run 2 NetWare 6.5 nodes and 1 NetWare 6.0 node in my 3 node cluster? I'm waiting to upgrade the NetWare 6.0 node because it looks like I can't run the ZFD midtier server on NetWare 6.5. I'm slightly worried about having both versions in my cluster. Thanks in advance! Yes, they will work together in the same cluster. The intention is to allow rolling upgrades, so you shouldn't do this on a permanent basis. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not p...

Upgrade of iManager 2.6 Sp2 to 2.6 Sp3 on OES Netware 6.5 SP5 (Plus all post SP5 patches) Abends Server
Hello: I have encountered the following: OES Netware (6.5 SP5+) Environment eDir 8.7.3.8 NW 6.5 SP5 Plus Public Domain Post SP5 Patches iManager 2.6 SP2 Upgrading from iManager 2.6 Sp1 to 2.6 SP2 was an issue free process, a 5 minute Job. Upgrading the same servers from iManager 2.6 SP2 to 2.6 Sp3 produced the following (See sample abend log below) > ********************************************************* > Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 5 - CPR Release > PVER: 6.50.05 > > Server MIKOS halted Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:15:04.574 am > Abend 1 on P0...

6.5.3 2 Node Cluster Upgrade to 6.5.8
Can I upgrade a 2 node cluster directly from support pack 3 to support pack 8? Any known issues when doing this? If all resources can be migrated to the other node, can this be done without bringing the cluster resources down? Does the cluster services version get updated during the support pack install? Any tips greatly appreciated. Paul -- pbetances ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The cluster version will be upgraded during the upgrade and SP 8 does have a fix for some cluster panning id issues. If you have a problem wi...

Web resources about - Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5 - novell.cluster-services

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...