Inplace Rolling upgrade from NetWare 6 SP4 with Clustering 1.6 to NetWare 6.5 SP2

Hello All,

We have a Netware 6.5 sp4 Cluster with cluster services 1.6. We want to do
a rolling upgrade of the system.
Could anyone point me to the right place so I can do this correctly or
give me some advice.

Thanks
Colin

0
colinb
4/29/2005 12:15:08 PM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:15:08 +0000, colinb wrote:

Take a look at TID 10094313 and be sure to the read the NW 6.5
documentation. Also don't forget to use the Deployment Manager
off the root of the NW 6.5 OS install CD to prepare your
environment for the new versions of eDir 8.7 and NCS 1.7

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS

0
Niclas

I have a 3 Node Cluster NetWare 6.5 SP 2 and GroupWise 6.5 SP 3.

Its a iSCSI cluster.

Now i want to replace the iSCSI target with a new hardware all together and add a new node.

So i will have a 4 node cluster and new iSCSI target,

So can you plz give some advice ...... for going abt this

thanks in advance

Ranjan
0
Ranjan

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

How do I upgrade a NetWare 5.1 cluster to a NetWare 6 cluster
I can't seem to find documents that discribe this process clearly. I beleive that the deployment manager must be run first (2 node cluster running 5.1 SP4 and 8.6.2 edir). The deployment manager does something, and then restarts the servers without cluster services loaded. Do I then upgrade one by booting with NW6 CD? And then upgrade the other the same way? And what happens to my shared NSS volume? When do I actually do the manual commands to upgrade it, before upgrading the first node, before upgrading the second node, after the deployment manager? The documentation i...

upgrading Netware 5.1 with cluster 1.1 to netwarte 6.5 cluster 1.7
Hi, We are upgrading a 2 node cluster running Netware 5.1 sp 6 with cluster 1.1 to Netware 6.5 cluster 1.7. Halfway throu the process, both Netwareservers upgraded, the clusterupgrade starts, but after checking the 2 servers it claims: "at least 2 servers is needed..." something like this. We are using Overlay CD with Netware 6.5 sp1. The servers can both see the SAN Do you have a suggestion then dont hesitate... Thanks in advance Christian Krabbe Hi, We detached one of the servers and retryed. And viola. (Don't know why we had to detach...) Bye ...

Upgrade Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5
I would like to upgrade a Netware 6.0 sp3 3-node cluster to Netware 6.5 sp5. All documentation I've read says to do an in-place upgrade on each node to accomplish this. When I try an in-place upgrade of a test standalone 6.0 server it is very messy. What I would like to do instead is remove 1 node from the cluster (TID 10060341), rebuild it from scratch as a 6.5 server and add it back to the cluster. Repeat the process for the remaining 2 nodes. Should this work? I like the idea of having a clean install of the OS. Yes, that should work. -- Andrew C Taubman Nov...

Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5 Cluster Coexist
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can Netware 6.0 (Cluster services 1.6) and Netware 6.5 cluster services = coexist in the same cluster..? Thanks Dean --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3D...

Cluster of mixed Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5 nodes
Hi, we have a 2-nodes cluster based on Netware 6.0 + NCS 1.6, and we are looking to migrate to Netware 6.5 + NCS 1.7. In order to do a soft migration, is it possible to mix in the same cluster a node with Netware 6.0 and another with Netware 6.5? Thank you in advance, Yours, Carles Ciutat BARCELONA cciutat@ccrtvasi.cat wrote: >In order to do a soft >migration, is it possible to mix in the same cluster a node with Netware >6.0 and another with Netware 6.5? Yes. Check the NCS 1.7/1.8 documentation. It specifically describes the upgrade scenario for NetWare 6....

Migrating Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 Clustered...
Hello everybody. I have a Netware 5.1 server with 150 GB of data on SYS:. We final system is a two-node Netware 6.5 cluster with 36 GB SYS:-volume local in each server (HP DL360) and a MSA1000 with 1.5 TB of data. Since the local nodes can't "hold" the 150 GB of data, I had to get the MSA1000 into action. To do that, I needed to install the two nodes in a temporary tree and install the cluster software, which all works fine. But: If using Novell Migration Wizard, my destination isn't any of the nodes, but the virtual disk-system and I can't get this t...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Upgrading Netware 5.1 SP4 to Netware 6.5
Can Netware 5.1 SP4 servers co-exist with Netware 6.5 servers? Currently, all servers have Netware 5.1 SP4 with eDirectory 8.6.2 (DS.NLM 10350.07). We want to upgrade the replica servers to 6.5 first, and then knock off our 5.1 servers over time. Can we do this without applying SP6a to Netware 5.1? If not, then what would be the ideal migration path? Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich , > Can Netware 5.1 SP4 servers co-exist with Netware 6.5 servers? Yes. > Currently, all servers have Netware 5.1 SP4 with eDirectory 8.6.2 > (DS.NLM 10350.07). We want to upgrad...

Netware 6 cluster upgrade to 6.5, w/ new hardware
Greetings, I'd like to ask for some advice and suggestions for a complete hardware/software upgrade. Here is our current setup: Server A: Netware 6, sp3, NCS Proliant PII class Server B: Netware 6, sp3, NCS Proliant PIII class Both A and B attached to a Compaq RA4100 via fibre channel Server C: Netware 5.1, sp6 Proliant PI class (only runs BE9, attached to HP tape library) New Hardware: Server 1&2: Compaq ML 370 towers, 3G Xeon, 2G Ram 1 additional fiber channel card. Target Setup: Server 1,2 and B: Netware 6.5 cluster Server A: Possible backup serve...

Connecting a NetWare 6.5 cluster to NetWare 5.1 volumes on a SAN
Hi there, I am working on a site relocation project where we have multiple NetWare 5.1 servers at the current site and we are moving to a new site where they will be replaced with a NetWare 6.5 cluster. The NetWare 5.1 servers have the data volumes sitting on a SAN (about 2TB) and we were thinking to use the SAN hardware to mirror the LUNs between the two sites. Doing a data copy will take far too long and require too much administration. Once we mirror to the new site and are ready to migrate the servers we would then shutdown the NetWare 5.1 servers (although we would d...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

NetWare 6 sp4 to NetWare 6.5 sp?
Hi all, I am running NetWare 6 sp4 and E-dir 8.7.3. I want to do an inplace upgrade on my server that contains all the master replicas to NetWare 6.5. What version of 6.5 should I go to? I have 11 NetWare servers running the same version of NetWare and E-dir. I wanted to start with my master server because I am able reboot it as it is not mission critical. I would like to go to a version of NetWare 6.5 so that all of my servers are still running the same version of NDS. Is this possible? This server has GroupWise 6.5 sp3 with one mta, one post office and one Gwia on it. This ...

Web resources about - Inplace Rolling upgrade from NetWare 6 SP4 with Clustering 1.6 to NetWare 6.5 SP2 - novell.cluster-services

Hierarchical clustering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In general, the merges and splits are determined in a greedy manner. The results of hierarchical clustering are usually presented in a dendrogram ...

Facebook Now Clustering One Line Feed Stories From Apps
... Platform applications. When an application generates multiple one-line stories for a user during a 24 hour period, Facebook is now clustering ...

The active advantage: Why networking leaders are embracing ADC clustering - CIO
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

The active advantage: Why networking leaders are embracing ADC clustering
Computerworld Australia is the leading source of technology news, analysis and tools for IT decision makers, managers and professionals. ...

The Active Advantage: Why Networking Leaders Are Embracing ADC Clustering
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

A more intuitive approach to computerized clustering
A new algorithm combines the best features of two of its predecessors. Clustering algorithms help parse large amounts of data, find correlations ...

Mesosphere Aims Twitter Clustering Tool At the Enterprise
Mesosphere has closed new funding to help it bring the open-source Mesos software to a wider audience

Mesosphere aims Twitter clustering tool at the enterprise
Apache Mesos, a software package for managing large compute clusters that's been credited with helping Twitter to kill its Fail Whale, is being ...

Idea: Clustering - The Economist
Clustering is the phenomenon whereby firms from the same industry gather together in close proximity. It is particularly evident in industries ...