AFPBIND script command line

Forgot to enable AFP when creating cluster enable volumes with Console
1
Adding the AFPBIND and AFPUNBIND commands in  load and unload script
will
be enough ? (NFAP for Mac already installed).
Thanks
Mirliton

0
mirliton
11/11/2003 2:46:22 PM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I can't say definitively for NW6, but this worked for me with NW6.5.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:46:22 GMT, mirliton@myrealbox.com wrote:

>Forgot to enable AFP when creating cluster enable volumes with
Console 1
>Adding the AFPBIND and AFPUNBIND commands in  load and unload script
will
>be enough ? (NFAP for Mac already installed).
>Thanks
>Mirliton

0
bbrush2
11/12/2003 4:03:09 PM
Yes, just add the properly configured AFPbind and AFPunbind commands
to the
scripts then take the resource off-line/on-line to enable the change.

Jeff
<mirliton@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Forgot to enable AFP when creating cluster enable volumes with
Console 1
> Adding the AFPBIND and AFPUNBIND commands in  load and unload script
will
> be enough ? (NFAP for Mac already installed).
> Thanks
> Mirliton

0
Jeffrey

command-line commands within a Perl script
Hi, I have a directory with several subdirectories, each full of several dozen Word files. For each subdirectory, I need to run the checksum app against all of that directory's files and output a file into that directory with the checksum results. How can I do this? I'm very unfamilar with running command-line commands from within an Perl script. I know to change directories, you can do something like this: $changeDir = "cd ".$startingDir; system($changeDir); but what about retrieving the list of subdirectories from the starting directory? How can I do this? ...

command line commands passed to perl script?
Hi all, Sorry, should have added this to my last email. Does anyone know how to pass values to a perl script through the command line? Do you use param as in CGI scripting/ I want a user to be able to specify certain parameters for the perl script (in case they want to run an overnight scheduler on it). Eg. testscript.pl /? gives you help or testscript /a gives you another capability... Ben __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/ Nameofperlscript command1 command2 command3 Params s...

command line scripts
Does anyone know how I can run command line scripts using asp.net and vb? I am mostly interested in using the iis command line script iisweb.vbs to create and delete websites. I would like to have a form that, when submited, runs the the command line script using the form values. Thanks Look at the Process class in the System.Diagnostics namespace. You can also use the class to redirect output into a stream for reading from your application. You might need to twiddle with security settings in order to have the permissions to do this from an ASP.NET app, impersonation is one option. Feel...

Command line scripting
This question is about normal ASP, not ASP.Net. My question is can make ASP script to run it without any browser accessing the page (Command line scripting). I need this because I want to run ASP scripts regularly executed without any user requesting the page. Thanks for your time. you don't want ASP. you want WSH get the windows scripting docs : http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/ will append to this post when I get to work - got to rush now. jRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS OK, back at th...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

CPAN and command line scripts
Hello. http://search.cpan.org/~ruz/RT-Action-NotifyGroup/ has script 'sbin/rt-notify-group-admin.in' that has POD and this POD is what end-user wants more then other docs. What requirements should I satisfy if I want search.cpan.org to show link on script's POD in Documentation section of the dist page? I think that +x flag can help, but don't want to release new version just to check it. Best regards. Ruslan. --oXNgvKVxGWJ0RPMJ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable * Rusla...

Cluster script convert commands
In a rolling cluster upgrade, the scripts (in iManager) show up in eDir If you need to adjust those (in the case of GroupWise), is it okay to simply put the LINUX version in the scripts? (meaning via iManager)? Providing of course, you change your failover so it doesn't ever migrate back to NetWare? -- kjhurni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ That's exactly what I did after I migrated both cluster nodes from Netware. -- zenking ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zenking&...

Migrating to 6.5 clusters services from 5.1 cluster services
Hi all, I have a question regarding an upcoming migration from 5.1 cluster sevices to 6.5 cluster services with a fiber attached SAN. We are getting 3 new servers to upgrade the nodes which make up our cluster. So current 3 node cluster to a new 6.5 3 node cluster. If we follow the migration instructions setup the new server with a temp name and temp tree migrate the first server etc etc ending up with all three new servers migrated to 6.5. Do I then install clustering services for 6.5 on the new servers? How do i get the 5.1 nss volumes updated to work with 6.5? We can not do an in...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

automating script that uses command line?
Sorry for what I'm positive is a dopey question, but I'm a rank beginner at Perl in general and MacPerl in particular. I *have* spent literally hours going through the archives of this list and the MacPerl documentation trying to help myself, and I see fragments of answers but nothing that has yet worked for me... I am using a wonderful Perl script called MHonArc 2.5 -- in fact this is the same script that is used to create the MacPerl archives on the web. (For info: http://www.nacs.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/mhonarc.html ) My procedure for using MHonarc on my...

How to stop and start service from command line
At sites where they run automatic backups nightly, using Arcserve for example, and where there is an ASA service running with 2 databases loaded: is there command-line way to stop and restart the service that could be added into the backup scripts? Steve net stop <servicename> net start <servicename> If you put this in a batch file, you can schedule it with the at command. But isn't it better to schedule a dbbackup command before the tape backup and only backup the backup (knwo what I mean?) instead of the running db? Geert 'Darling' Van Damme St...

command line script to run from web
Afternoon all, I have a script that runs from the command line but now I need it to from from the web, anyone know how to do this? All the script does is write files so output to the screen isn't important. It needs to run from the web because there will be a form on a web page and when it is clicked the script will run and then write whatever it needs to write to the file. Any ideas? Cheers, Graeme :) _________________________________________________________________ Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband ...

Web resources about - AFPBIND script command line - novell.cluster-services