Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client

Hi,

Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using
Windows
98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far.

Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal
servers),
however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or
server
found" error.

When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is
on),
altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can
fix
that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all
network
interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the VPN client.

On the other hand, I have no idea if I am chasing a red herring!

All I know is the 98's VPN client had IPX checked, and it works....
but then
the XP worked ONCE?!?!?

George is gettin ANGRY!!

Help?

0
Ken

IPX doesn't work with XP over a vpn connection.  In the vpn client,
uncheck the login to netware option and make the connection.  Then run
client32 manually and enter the internal ip address of the server in
the server field.  Can you login to NDS now?

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.13.2.11

0
Lance
2/28/2003 12:07:05 PM
Lance -

Thanks worked perfectly, albeit SSLLOOWWLLY over my dialup, but better

than having to drive in for simple fixes!

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:07:05 GMT, "Lance Reynolds"
<cnelanceNO@SPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

>IPX doesn't work with XP over a vpn connection.  In the vpn client,
uncheck the login to netware option and make the connection.  Then run
client32 manually and enter the internal ip address of the server in
the server field.  Can you login to NDS now?

0
Ken
2/28/2003 7:26:14 PM
Lance,

That seemed to work fine, thanks!

Would this alos solve my next problem; Only a user in the root can
attache to the VPN - just create a dummy vpn user for attachment and
then login as the REAL user w/ tree, context etc.?

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:07:05 GMT, "Lance Reynolds"
<cnelanceNO@SPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

>IPX doesn't work with XP over a vpn connection.  In the vpn client,
uncheck the login to netware option and make the connection.  Then run
client32 manually and enter the internal ip address of the server in
the server field.  Can you login to NDS now?

0
Ken
2/28/2003 7:38:28 PM
This is a name resolution issue.

The simplest workaround is to add the internal server IP addresses and

names to the remote PC's HOSTS file.  On one of those lines, add the
tree name as well.  Be sure you can ping all servers and the tree by
name before trying to log in.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig
2/28/2003 7:46:00 PM
I guess that depends if you have access rules enabled.  If so, make
sure you have an allow rule for the vpn client and a source of "any".

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XaNaNews 1.13.2.11

0
Lance
2/28/2003 9:26:09 PM
In article <RtQ7a.6197$j15.5424@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Lance
Reynolds wrote:
> If so, make sure you have an allow rule for the vpn client and a
source of "any".

No-no-no!  Bad Lance!  Bad Lance!

And allow VPN client with source=Any allows anyone with a VPN client
to connect to
the server and have full access to the internal LAN...

ALWAYS set VPN client rules to at least an NDS container in the tree,
to force a
login to be required.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig
3/6/2003 5:17:57 AM
> No-no-no!  Bad Lance!  Bad Lance!

Sorry Craig.  Don't beat me!   Novell made me do it. :)

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10065020.htm
--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.14.1.1

0
Lance
3/6/2003 11:35:01 AM
Bad TID!  Bad TID!  :)  I'll have that expanded to explain "source"
options so it's more appropriate for a security product.

--

Scott Jones, Master CNE
Product Manager - Novell BorderManager

www.novell.com

Lance Reynolds wrote:

> > No-no-no!  Bad Lance!  Bad Lance!
>
> Sorry Craig.  Don't beat me!   Novell made me do it. :)
>
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10065020.htm

> --
> Lance Reynolds, CNE
> Using XanaNews 1.14.1.1

0
Scott
3/6/2003 5:22:38 PM
Scott Jones wrote:

> Bad TID!  Bad TID!  :)  I'll have that expanded to explain "source"
> options so it's more appropriate for a security product.

You just gotta love that!  Thanks Mr Jones!
--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.14.1.1

0
Lance

BorderManager 3.9 VPN on Windows 7
Bordermanager 3.9 sp2 / Windows 7 Home Edition 23 bit The BorderManager 3.9 sp2 (and even sp3) VPN client does not seem to operate on Windows7 Home Edition. Now in TID 7004850 I read that 32bits windows 7 systems only Professional and Ultimate versions have been tested. So has anyone has any succes with the 32bit Windows 7 Home Edition or perhaps any other VPN client that will connect to our BorderManager setup ? Thanks in advance ! -- eloderichs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eloderichs, It appears that in the past fe...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.4
Hi, I've downloaded the last version of Bordermanager VPN Client (3.8.4) and after install it and reboot my computer i can not launch it cause clnwin32.dll is missing. I've tried it in diferent computers and still the same. Is the file on the network corrupted? am i doing anything wrong? Thanks, Carlos. That just happens if i do not have the novell client installed on the workstation. do i need the novell client to make novell vpn client work? i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn client. Carlos. We noticed that error message, too....

Atheros Client 3+ fails with VPN Client 3.8+ on Windows 2000
We are using new HP NC4010 and NC8000 laptops with the built-in HP WLAN 802.11 a/b/g W500 Wireless NIC. We have the Novell 4.90 SP1 client installed, along with the Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.9 installed. The systems have the latest BIOS, the latest driver for the NIC from HP (ver 4.0.0.140), the latest Atheros Client provided by HP (ver 4.1.0.132) Our experience has been this.... When running Bordermanager VPN client 3.7 w/any Atheros Client version --> No Problems (This is an unacceptable workaround as we are moving to a Bordermanager 3.8 VPN server and need the clie...

VPN Client 3.7 and Windows 2003 Server
I put Windows 2003 server on my laptop and installed the VPN client (3.7) to access my work vpn (BM 3.6 I think). When I try to login to via the VPN client I get "Failed to connect to the authentication gatewat. Could not acquire a network socket". Any ideas what the fix is for this? G.C.I. Gary, I'm not exactly sure if the latest VPN client supports win2003 or not. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE Using XanaNews 1.15.2.7 bm37vpn3 has not being tested in windows 2003 and it is not officially supported on this platform Regards Gonzalo ...

requirements for vpn site-to-site on bordermanager 3.7
I need to setup a small office at home in order to allow an ip phone to connect to corporate. I've been told to do this through the vpn but do I need a vpn router at home in order to do this? Are there vpn routers that can been configured to connect to my bordermanager 3.7; thereby just allowing me to plugin my ip phone at home and having it connect to corporate? If there are, can you recommend one? Thanks Scott Scott, > I need to setup a small office at home in order to allow an ip phone to > connect to corporate. I've been told to do this through the vp...

BM 3.8 VPN Client on Windows XP
Hi there, i've got a exact 3 min delay connecting from windows xp sp2 to bm38 with NW client 4.91 and nmas disabled ... the negotiating and authenticating flashed and after 03:02 the connection establishes ... Any suggstions ? Thanks Wolfgang Does this only happen on one particular PC? Are you trying to log into NetWare as part of the VPN connection? If so, disable that, and log in afterward with Client32. Any faster that way? Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://w...

Bordermanager VPN client AND iFolder 2 client
Hello, We have always given our laptop users the Novell BorderManager VPN client (WinXP Pro)to access various services. We now have iFolder 2.1 available to them. However, when they install the iFolder client, on reboot, they are informed that a problem has occured with the installion the iFolder client and to retry the install. This doesn't get resolved. Is it possible to run both?. I know the VPN client is not required for remote access to iFolder, however, our users need the VPN client to access other services. Rgds. Stan Chelchowski Hi, stanch@**.co.uk wrote: &...

Bordermanager VPN-client 3.8.x + netware6.0 + Vista
I'm currently using bordermanager 3.8.16 installed on my Windows Vista and connecting to my office by the Bordermanager VPN-client to a netware6-server (they refuse to upgrade to 6.5) and it's working! (but!). .. but every hour when my ISP renews it's lease for the IP-adress it won't succeed and the VPN-client and my internet-connection stops working. Then I have to disconnect/logout the VPN and then reconnect to my ISP and then reconnect/login to the VPN I also found out that the VPN doesn't work when I'm behind a NAT (but that works on my other compu...

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

VPN Client for 3.7
Will the BM VPN Client for BM 3.7 work with a BM 3.6 VPN server for client to site VPN connections? Thanks in advance! hi, > Will the BM VPN Client for BM 3.7 work with a BM 3.6 VPN server for client > to site VPN connections? yes. -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Bordermanager VPN Client and Linux
Hello, has anyone tried to connect with the Bordermanager VPN Client to a Linux VPN Gateway? Could anyone give me a hint? I try it since 3 days. Thanks to everyone In article <662b3276.0408050404.5c96b3ab@posting.google.com>, Arndt wrote: > has anyone tried to connect with the Bordermanager VPN Client to a > Linux VPN Gateway? Could anyone give me a hint? I try it since 3 days. > I think I tried it a few months ago, but did not spend much time. Are you trying certificate mode or preshared key? Either should work, but I agree that it could take a lot of trying...

Windows XP VPN client
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Windows XP VPN client (PPTP or L2TP IPSEC) to connect to Bordermanager 3.8, instead of the Novell VPN Client? And if yes how to configure this? Many thanks ZenFan > Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Windows XP VPN client (PPTP or > L2TP IPSEC) to connect to Bordermanager 3.8, instead of the Novell VPN > Client? no, the MS VPN client uses proprietary protocols, incompatible with the BM VPN. -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop ...

Windows 7 vpn client
Is one available? -- mschaible ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mschaible wrote: > Is one available? > > The Vista vpn client works fine I'm wondering when Novell is going to issue/publish a 64 bit VPN client? We are looking to update some PCs and we're exploring 64 bit installation of Windows 7. ...

Web resources about - Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client - novell.bordermanager.vpn

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...