VPN Tunnel & Frame Relay line

Hi,

I would like to have ideas on how i could address the situation that i

would like to setup. Please help..

Here's our current setup:
1) A Frame Relay line b/w SiteA & SiteB
2) A VPN Tunnel b/w SiteB & SiteC using BM35

My problem is how could i established a link from SiteA to SiteC
passing
thru the Frame Relay & VPN Tunnel. ANy ideas?

Is it possible to pass a non-encrypted packet (Frame relay) to the VPN

Tunnel?

Thanks,

Ed

0
ed

hi Ed,

yes, it's possible, but you will have to play with routing.
First of all, you have to include the Ip segments of site A as the
protected networks of site B. This information will be transmitted to
site C over the VPN.
Second, you will have to make sure that the machines in site A have a
static routing entry for site C through the VPTUNNEL IP address of
site
B.
This should do it...

--
Cat

CSL
2/17/2003 4:43:29 PM
hi Cat,

Thanks you for giving me ideas. Will do as suggested.

Ed

0
ed
2/18/2003 5:49:54 AM
hi Ed,

let me know how it goes...

--
Cat

CSL
2/18/2003 11:05:09 AM
hi Cat,

It works! Thanks, you guys are really good!

Ed

0
ed
2/21/2003 1:59:12 AM
hi Ed,

thanks! Glad you got it working. I love the simple way this VPN works
:-)

--
Cat

CSL

VPN Tunnel & Frame Relay line #2
Hi, I would like to have ideas on how i could address the situation that i would like to setup. Please help.. Here's our current setup: 1) A Frame Relay line b/w SiteA & SiteB 2) A VPN Tunnel b/w SiteB & SiteC using BM35 My problem is how could i established a link from SiteA to SiteC passing thru the Frame Relay & VPN Tunnel. ANy ideas? Is it possible to pass a non-encrypted packet (Frame relay) to the VPN Tunnel? Thanks, Ed ...

VPN Tunnel & Frame Relay line #3
Hi, I would like to have ideas on how i could address the situation that i would like to setup. Please help.. Here's our current setup: 1) A Frame Relay line b/w SiteA & SiteB 2) A VPN Tunnel b/w SiteB & SiteC using BM35 My problem is how could i established a link from SiteA to SiteC passing thru the Frame Relay & VPN Tunnel. ANy ideas? Is it possible to pass a non-encrypted packet (Frame relay) to the VPN Tunnel? Thanks, Ed ...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

VPN and IP Frame Relay WAN
I currently have a STS VPN where each office has a full T1 for data only. I have BM firewalls protecting each of these offices. I am looking at VoIP and thus need to upgrade my Internet connections to provide the QoS required for VoIP. Because VoIP vendors cringe when I ask them how well VoIP traffic travels though vpn tunnels, I need to investigate how I can link my twelve offices together in a WAN that does not utilize a VPN. The new common access to the Internet will be a BorderManager server, but what do I do with the other BM servers? Does anyone have any experience r...

email delivery besides vpn to specific domain does not work when vpn tunnel is broken
Hi, We have 1 master 3.8sp4ir3 bordermanager server running on netware 6.5, and several slaves all over the world. One slave is located in the USA. The tunnel however at this moment is not used and all emailtraffic from the USA will be directly delivered from their exchange environment to the other domains. If they sent email from their domain to our domain, then it is succesfully delivered to our mailserver (the incoming email to our domain is delivered to our public nic of the vpn master server). However when we stop the vpn at our master server, the email to our domain sta...

Replacing Frame Relay with VPN's from all sites
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with regard to finding out if replacing our current frame relay system with vpns from each of our sites (12 nationwide) to our home office in Maryland would be feasible and if so, how we would go about doing that. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! It sounds feasible to me, in general. You need fixed IP addresses, and sufficient bandwidth for the Internet connection. Many, many people are using VPN's instead of more-expensive private WAN links. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection...

VPN
Where might I find/configure a log of who connects to our VPN, whether or not they login to Netware once connected, etc. The login to Netware portion is relatively unimportant, but I would like to track basic information like remote IP, username, connect time, disconnect time, etc. Netware 6.5, BorderManager 3.8/SP4/IR3. Client is 3.8.11 for all remote users. We currently have two working VPNs - different servers, different OU's. TIA. -S- I don't know if this has changed in later versions of BM but this is how I monitor activity in BM 3.7. Open NWADM...

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

vpn to vpn connection question
Hello: I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn. Last week I had asked if this was possible and the answer was yes (but). Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home for remote management. The vpn is setup as the master vpn server. Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client in this case (I assume so)? If so, how does this impact our current setup as a master server? Thanks in advance, Chris. PS. Others have suggested (strongly) to si...

legacy vpn + new vpn
Hi, I am running a bordermanager nw6 3.7 server configured as a master vpn server. The slave is also a nw6 3.7 server and is in another country. Now we need to put another slave to this vpn, however w'd like to do that with bordermanager 3.8. The question is if we update this server from 3.7 to 3.8, will the legacy vpn run without a problem, while 3.7 on the other side is running. (I think this will be no problem, correct me if I am wrong) On the other hand I want to configure a new master vpn on the same server by use of imanager. The other slave will be the new company. I...

VPN Tunnelling
I have two servers that are going to be in separate states. They will both have eDirectory on them. Can I use VPN Tunnelling to do it? Other than a direct connection (which some at a corporate area is very hesitant to do), what is the best way to solve this? I ask because I've always been able to have a direct connection. TIA! On 5/18/2005 Duane Fish wrote: > Can I use VPN Tunnelling to do it? Yes. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Edison, Can you point me to how to do it? Edison Ortiz wrote: > ...

vpn
hi i setup dsl connection on my laptop but i can't use it via kinternet kinternet don't show it what can i do? :( -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please see my post here. 'Bryan 手札 — 生活記趣 � Opensuse information' (http://lifestory.moqin.com/?cat=344) It will be able to help you. -- Regards, Bryan Yu http://lifestory.moqin.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ df6269's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=7...

vpn
hi i setup my vpn connection i setup it on desktop pc and connected successfully i setup it on laptop(dell inspiron 1520) as like as my desktop and connected but i didn't have any receive what can i do? -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am not entirely sure what you are trying to get at. What kind of VPN did you try to set up? Is this Vpn on your local computer or in a remote location? -- ghostwind ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ghostwind's Profi...

vpn
pcanywhere?!?!?! what kind of encryption does that do? not much AFAIK best to use something that encrypts the traffic I have an SME server (e-smith.org Linux) on my cable modem that is my firewall, webserver, email server, router, NAT, etc.... Been using for years, no problems, very secure. The SME has pptp VPN (128bit) built in. works like a charm, (not as secure as 3DES) I routinely nmap my home server and my work server running checkpoint and my home server gets a higher difficulty rating, much higher, FWIW. you could then use pcanywhere thru the tunnel, this is how I ssh into...

Web resources about - VPN Tunnel & Frame Relay line - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A tunnel is an underground or underwater passageway, enclosed except for entrance and exit, commonly at each end. A tunnel may be for foot or ...

Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A tunnel is an underground passageway, completely enclosed except for openings for entrance and exit, commonly at each end. A tunnel may be ...

Qld ambo assaulted in Airport Link tunnel
A man has been charged after allegedly assaulting an ambulance officer as he was being taken to hospital in Brisbane.

Meet the 'tunnel rat' who turns trespassing into an artform
Perched on the edge of a skyscraper high above Tokyo's man-made jungle, Ben* precariously leans over the massive drop to focus his lens ...

UK grants asylum to Sudanese man who walked through Channel Tunnel
Britain has granted asylum to a Sudanese man who walked 50 kilometres through the Channel Tunnel from France to England.

Qld ambo assaulted in Airport Link tunnel
A man has been charged after allegedly assaulting an ambulance officer as he was being taken to hospital in Brisbane.

Qld ambo assaulted in Airport Link tunnel
A man has been charged after allegedly assaulting an ambulance officer as he was being taken to hospital in Brisbane.

CBC Toronto's John Lancaster reflects on mystery tunnel investigation
CBC Toronto investigative reporter John Lancaster reflects on breaking an exclusive story about a mystery tunnel discovered near a Pan Am Games ...

China's Longest Tunnel Under Lake Open to Traffic
A vehicle moves on the highway of the tunnel under Donghu Lake in Wuhan, capital of central China's Hubei Province, Dec. 28, 2015. The Donghu ...

Kurds uncovered network of ISIS tunnels - Business Insider
VIDEO: "There is a tunnel under every alley, street, and public building that remains intact."